“A wonderful Austin visit” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin
Ranked #22 of 197 Hotels in Austin
Washington, DC, United States
“A wonderful Austin visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

I recently attended a wedding held in Austin and stayed at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton! It was our first visit to Austin and our stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton could not have been better. We received excellent service and our room was perfect.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Halie H, Sales Coordinator at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Hi Travis!

I am elated that you enjoyed yourself on your visit to Austin. If you get the chance to come back and visit Austin, there are many enjoyable activities and places to see. I urge you to check them out, and we would be happy to welcome you back to our hotel. We would love to be able to provide you with another pleasurable experience. Feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any service to you!

Halie Hatch
Halie.hatch@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel was a nice place to stay. The rooms are spacious, clean, and have a nice sized closet. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The only negative was that only one elevator was working and it stopped at every floor. They did let us use the service elevator which we needed to use a lot

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Hi Christi!

Thank you for taking time to respond, we definitely appreciate your feedback.

I am glad that you enjoyed a comfortable stay at our hotel. The elevators are currently undergoing renovations to modernize them and make traveling in them more efficient and faster. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused during your stay. We hope we can welcome you back to our property soon!

Halie Hatch
Tupelo, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

My stay her was over all B-. Price was high, $25 just to park your car, pay for wifi. So what else do you expect from a downtown hotel. Had to pay for taxi. No transportation at this hotel on my trip.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Danny C, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Dear Billy C,

Thank you taking a moment to leave a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I see there was substantial disappointment regarding the availability of our hotel shuttle. I am sorry we were unable to offer transportation service to you during your visit. Unfortunately our shuttle is always based on availability; after researching your stay, I note that this was during a particularly busy time for our Guest Services Team, preventing them from operating the shuttle off-property. I know this excuse will not placate your frustration, however I did want to offer an explanation. I hope that you may come to give us another chance. I know we can show you the first class Texas Hospitality that so many of our other guests have come to know and rely on. If I can do anything to aid this in becoming a reality, I invite you to contact me directly.

daniel.craven@hilton.com
horizon city, texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

When we arrived after driving nine hours across Texas, we had to wait for valet. Only one valet working for weary travelers. We were about twentieth car in line. I had to exit my vehicle to walk around. I had to carry all my own luggage without a bellman or even a bell cart. It was quite heavy as I had books for a book convention.

Rude service at check in. Internet costs $20 per night which is okay for a business traveller who gets reimbursed but not okay for a freelancer. Also, breakfast should be free with this room cost. Breakfast was nearly $20 per person for cold eggs, cold sausage, cold everything.

Only one elevator and we were told by staff to use service elevator during peak times. Boy, was that fun! Riding up and downstairs with dirty laundry, etc. No courtesy car--they said they have one but they're always too busy to help take you somewhere. I had to get a cab to a conference. No free newspaper, no morning coffee, no "extras" whatsoever.

Poor service and not enough staff. The room was nice and comfortable. Location is good.Texas Chili Parlor on side street really great food. You can use free wi-fi next door at Starbucks which is what my college age daughter opted to do rather than pay $20 hotel price per day for Internet.

Room Tip: You can opt for a view of the Texas state capitol building (beautiful at night) but it's more co...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear TripAdvisor Community,

We sincerely appreciate all feedback that we receive from our guests both positive and negative. The hospitality industry is ever-evolving and we value all commentary to help us re-evaluate our hotel and services. We have reached out to this guest privately to resolve their concerns and find a resolution that will allow them to remain confident in our commitment to their lasting satisfaction. Our hotel has recently welcomed several new members to our great team and will continue to work hard to welcome every guest with the outstanding service that one may come to expect from The DoubleTree Suites - Austin. Should there be any specific questions or hesitations about coming to stay with us, I invite anyone to contact me directly to discuss how we can provide a first class experience.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

we had a terrific experience at this hotel during ACL. Staff was courteous and attentive. Location was good. Rooms were excellent. We had to ask for free internet. I feel that at a hotel of this level, internet should be included without asking.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear TripAdvisor Guest,

Thank you taking a few moments to talk about your experience as our guest during the 2013 ACL Fest. I hope all the rain we had did not put a lasting damper on your fun while visiting us in Austin. I am so pleaed to know that you enjoyed your time as our guest. I know there was some disappointment with the wifi services not being offered complimentary to all our guests; I am sorry that we missed your expectations on this aspect of your hotel needs. For the the future, we do offer free wifi access in our hotel lobby and business center so our guests may stay connected and productive. I hope we may come to see you again soon, perhaps for ACL 2014 (and sunnier days too!)

Danny
Lowell, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

Internet should be part of the package for a business oriented hotel not an extra $20.00.There was not any early morning coffee in the lobby. Staff was great - accommodated extra early check in. Clean rooms and large work area for productivity. Not set up to accommodate people with morning business appointments. There are people at the front desk, but the restaurant opens late and there is not any morning coffee or breakfast available. In addition, there is not a restaurant close by that is open early.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Danny C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Dear Margaret C,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel; I am so pleased to see that you had a great time while you were our guest. I know you were disappointed with the internet and breakfast services that we offer to our guests; I am so sorry we missed your expectations for these hotel extras as one of our business travelers. The wifi does become complimentary for our Hilton HHonors Gold & Diamond Members, so if you continue to stay with Hilton Hotels you will soon be enjoying this amenity. I hope the disappointment you endured did not cause any lasting negative impressions of our hotel and staff. I hope that we may come to see you as our guests again soon. Stop by anytime, we'd love to see you.

wichita falls, texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

We always try to stay here when in town. Business because it is close to where we usually need to be, pleasure because it is so easy to get around to the fun spots. Rooms have always been nice and check in goes so easy.

Stayed September 2013
Dear Wffood,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience at our hotel. I am so pleased to know we have earned your loyalty and recommendation for a preferred downtown Austin hotel. Austin is always changing with new "fun" spots setting up shop each week; I would suggest you come back soon and often so as to experience all the new nightlife. Please stop by anytime, we'd be pleased to welcome you back.

Best,