“Very Nice Surprise”

Ranked #22 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Baltimore, Maryland
“Very Nice Surprise”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This is a great Doubletree. I was there for two nights on business and pleasantly surprised. Hilton keeps its "boutique" hotels (such as The Wit in Chicago) under the Doubletree brand and those are spectacular. This is just a regular one. But it was excellent. Convenient to the University of Texas, Austin; the Capital Building; and the AT&T Conference Center.

Very pleasant and helpful staff from check-in, to the restaurant, to the shuttle driver.

Very clean, up-to-date, and well maintained. I had zero complaints or even tiny quibbles about this hotel. I will definitely stay again if I'm in Austin for work next year.

It's not a large property with a big lobby, but it's perfect for business travelers who don't want anything to worry about or for other travelers who are looking for nice, but not "posh" hotel experience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Halie H, Sales Coordinator at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Michael,

Thank you for taking time to leave your comments about your stay. Your nice remarks about the staff are very encouraging, because we strive to create a wonderful experience for all of our guests. We hope to see you next year on your travels!

Halie Hatch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Houston, United States
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I highly recommend this hotel. The price was reasonable given the location. The hotel has recently been remodeled. The rooms are very large and nicely decorated. I had a balcony off the living room and one off the bedroom with a view of the capital.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton-Austin. We are proud of the renovations that we have made to the hotel. Thank you for your kind response. We look forward to welcoming you back next time!

Grand Rapids, United States
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I recently stayed at the DoubleTree Hotel in Austin, Texas, which is located near the capitol. The facilities were very clean and the staff was extremely helpful. I highly recommend this hotel. They also offer dining, an exercise room and an outdoor pool.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Halie H, Sales Coordinator at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Hi Karen!

Thank you for taking the time to post about your stay here at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin. Our goal is to create a home away from home experience to all of our guests by providing the same luxuries that are similar to your home. We would love to see you again!

halie.hatch@hilton.com
Washington, DC, United States
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I recently attended a wedding held in Austin and stayed at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton! It was our first visit to Austin and our stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton could not have been better. We received excellent service and our room was perfect.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi Travis!

I am elated that you enjoyed yourself on your visit to Austin. If you get the chance to come back and visit Austin, there are many enjoyable activities and places to see. I urge you to check them out, and we would be happy to welcome you back to our hotel. We would love to be able to provide you with another pleasurable experience. Feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any service to you!

Halie.hatch@hilton.com
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel was a nice place to stay. The rooms are spacious, clean, and have a nice sized closet. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The only negative was that only one elevator was working and it stopped at every floor. They did let us use the service elevator which we needed to use a lot

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Hi Christi!

Thank you for taking time to respond, we definitely appreciate your feedback.

I am glad that you enjoyed a comfortable stay at our hotel. The elevators are currently undergoing renovations to modernize them and make traveling in them more efficient and faster. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused during your stay. We hope we can welcome you back to our property soon!

Tupelo, United States
Reviewed 26 October 2013

My stay her was over all B-. Price was high, $25 just to park your car, pay for wifi. So what else do you expect from a downtown hotel. Had to pay for taxi. No transportation at this hotel on my trip.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Danny C, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Dear Billy C,

Thank you taking a moment to leave a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I see there was substantial disappointment regarding the availability of our hotel shuttle. I am sorry we were unable to offer transportation service to you during your visit. Unfortunately our shuttle is always based on availability; after researching your stay, I note that this was during a particularly busy time for our Guest Services Team, preventing them from operating the shuttle off-property. I know this excuse will not placate your frustration, however I did want to offer an explanation. I hope that you may come to give us another chance. I know we can show you the first class Texas Hospitality that so many of our other guests have come to know and rely on. If I can do anything to aid this in becoming a reality, I invite you to contact me directly.

Most Sincerely,
Danny Craven
daniel.craven@hilton.com
horizon city, texas
Reviewed 22 October 2013

When we arrived after driving nine hours across Texas, we had to wait for valet. Only one valet working for weary travelers. We were about twentieth car in line. I had to exit my vehicle to walk around. I had to carry all my own luggage without a bellman or even a bell cart. It was quite heavy as I had books for a book convention.

Rude service at check in. Internet costs $20 per night which is okay for a business traveller who gets reimbursed but not okay for a freelancer. Also, breakfast should be free with this room cost. Breakfast was nearly $20 per person for cold eggs, cold sausage, cold everything.

Only one elevator and we were told by staff to use service elevator during peak times. Boy, was that fun! Riding up and downstairs with dirty laundry, etc. No courtesy car--they said they have one but they're always too busy to help take you somewhere. I had to get a cab to a conference. No free newspaper, no morning coffee, no "extras" whatsoever.

Poor service and not enough staff. The room was nice and comfortable. Location is good.Texas Chili Parlor on side street really great food. You can use free wi-fi next door at Starbucks which is what my college age daughter opted to do rather than pay $20 hotel price per day for Internet.

Room Tip: You can opt for a view of the Texas state capitol building (beautiful at night) but it's more co...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear TripAdvisor Community,

We sincerely appreciate all feedback that we receive from our guests both positive and negative. The hospitality industry is ever-evolving and we value all commentary to help us re-evaluate our hotel and services. We have reached out to this guest privately to resolve their concerns and find a resolution that will allow them to remain confident in our commitment to their lasting satisfaction. Our hotel has recently welcomed several new members to our great team and will continue to work hard to welcome every guest with the outstanding service that one may come to expect from The DoubleTree Suites - Austin. Should there be any specific questions or hesitations about coming to stay with us, I invite anyone to contact me directly to discuss how we can provide a first class experience.

Danny Craven