“Literally my home away”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin
Ranked #28 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I live at this hotel for 5 months every other year and stay here when biz brings me back to Austin. Won't stay anywhere else though I've tried. Management, front desk staff, bellmen, housekeeping, and restaurant staff are all super friendly, helpful, professional, and each of them is personally attentive to whatever need or question arises. The sales department is the same on occasions when we've needed a meeting/event room. I reserve a 2BD/2BR with kitchen for 5 months to double as an office and to accommodate my other staff who may be visiting. When extra sleeping rooms are needed, the arrangements are seamless. Fitness center is adequate when I can't go to my full gym; self-laundry machines on 3rd floor are convenient; pool is nice but can be crowded by weekenders in late spring. Rooms are kept very updated and very clean. Safe, on-site parking garage. Excellent location in downtown Austin. If meetings run late, the bellmen or front desk staff will walk me/my staff if needed.
Excellent wi-fi; lots of outlets for all electronics. Menu at restaurant isn't all that special, but ask for what you want--they will try. This place isn't necessarily cheap, but I (the company) pays for service and convenience which is worth the cost of feeling as though I have a second home.

Room Tip: The suites on the ends of the 15th floor all feature huge outdoor porches that overlook the Austin s...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Halie H, Sales Coordinator at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you so much for your nice comments about the DoubleTree suites by Hilton – Austin. I appreciate you recognizing all of our staff with such positivity. I will be sure to share your gracious comments to all of our team members, as they are always encouraging and helpful to us. We are elated that you are able to call our hotel your second home! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Excellent hotel for the category. Spacious rooms, prompt service, excellent maintenance, comfortable beds, ample work area, great breakfast. Shuttle that takes you anywhere you want in the close area of the hotel (I think 2 mile radius). What else do you need?

Room Tip: If you are looking for a quiet room, ask for the end of the corridor
1  Thank Traveler_Eyal

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. I am happy to hear that our hotel is convenient for your needs and that you are comfortable here! We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I ended up staying at the Double Tree Hilton by pure accident because I had reserved a room at a different hotel, but for the wrong weekend, and when I realized this mistake, they did not have any more rooms available. I was very happy about making my 'mistake' after staying in the Double Tree. The staff was very friendly, the accommodations were generous, the cleanliness was amazing, and the services they offered were fast and convenient. If I ever find myself in Austin again, I will definitely be going back to stay at the Double Tree Hilton!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Halie H, Sales Coordinator at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We are overjoyed that we could provide accommodations to you on your trip to Austin. Your kind remarks towards our team members and hotel are very encouraging because we strive to create a wonderful experience for our guests. We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to Austin!

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Lovely hotel, a bit out of the way but there is a shuttle bus that goes within a two mile radius of the hotel.
Husband ,son and myself stayed in a 1 bedroom suite with a sofabed in the lounge. The room looked newly decorated with good quality, tasteful furnishings and lighting.
The bedroom had a king bed which was sooooo comfortable! There was also a smallish wardrobe though plenty of drawer and cupboard space in a large cabinet. Bedside cabinets were also a good size.
Bathroom only accessible through the bedroom.
There was a hairdryer, iron,board and safe.
Good quality tvs in the lounge and bedroom.
Pull out desk in the lounge that can be used as a dining table if needed.
Comfy sofa and armchair.
Separate kitchen area with small sink, microwave, dishwasher, fridge/freezer and two cooking rings.
Nice pool area with jacuzzi and large pool towels as well as a gym.
We tended to walk to 6th Street which took about 10-15 minutes and then get a taxi back which cost about 8-9 dollars including tip.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Many thanks for sharing your feedback on your recent stay. It is wonderful to know that you were pleased with all of the amenities that we offer. Thank you for addressing all the accommodations in our suites. We aim to provide a comforting atmosphere when you are away from your home, and I am delighted to hear that we could do that for you. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Lots of space and a great view at the Capitol of Texas from 9th floor. Unfortunately no shop nearby to purchase food to make use of the kitchen. Despite busy road next door, quiet room. Had no balcony but a great large bay window in the living area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for leaving your comments on your recent visit at our hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our spacious rooms and had a wonderful view of the capitol. I am sorry that you were unable to utilize our kitchen during your stay. We do have a few grocery stores within a two mile radius of our hotel, and we also provide a complimentary shuttle to take you to and from these destinations. We hope that you give us another opportunity, and if there is anything we can do to make future stays enjoyable, please let us know.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

As a seasoned business traveler imagine my surprise when the staff at this particular hotel "under promised" and "over delivered" on my first visit to their property. For not only was the room spacious, clean, and well appointed, coupled with an equally competent food and beverage department, it only served as a precursor to my total experience relative to the professionalism of the staff and their willingness to accommodate my ever changing and demanding lodging requirements.

My compliments to the staff of this hotel and should my travel plans bring me back to Austin the Double Tree Suites by Hilton Austin will be my property of choice.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit. We are delighted to hear that our team was able to exceed your expectations and provide a comforting atmosphere during your stay. I will be sure to share your gracious comments to all of our team members. We sincerely hope that your travel plans land you back in Austin, and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

The hotel is beautiful and the staff were wonderful. Breakfast buffet was very good with a great variety of foods. Almost, forgot.... try the New York cheescake with your nightcap... a great combination :)

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I am thrilled to see your kind comments about our hotel and staff. It is always encouraging to know that we can provide a wonderful experience for our guests. We hope to welcome you back soon!