“Working in Austin Texas”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin
Ranked #28 of 205 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Attended a conference in Austin, were able to walk to conference each day from hotel, staff was great, our group was able to get shuttle service to several outstanding restaurants near the hotel. We were just a few blocks from the state capital, walked over one evening and took great pictures.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Write a ReviewReviews (1,076)

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Excellent hotel. Staff were AWESOME!!! Always greeting you as you enter and exit the hotel. Such a friendly staff. The manager is always out there with the staff greeting the customers. Amazing!!! The hotel provides transporatiation services anywhere within a 2 miles radius from the hotel. I will definitely stay at the DoubleTree Austin, TX again.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

6 out of 10 pay to much for breakfast, lunch and dinner could lower price on meals should not assume guest will be satisfied with broken bathroom sink and fix anyway. very close and convenient to every ware very courteous. very clean and quite good internet service however need to make easier

Reviewed 9 June 2014

When I arrived there was no valet to take luggage, although there was one to take my car. I had to stand in line to check in for about 15 minutes holding very heavy bags. The guy who checked me in gave me free parking, which was nice. My room had no hot water to the bathroom sink and the air conditioning sounded like an airplane in the room. I got zero sleep. Again, the checkout person was nice and gave me a discount on my room. This hotel is very convenient to a meeting I must attend, but I am not sure I would chance it again.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I've stayed at this DoubleTree when I was doing a Legislative visit. Decided to stay again when I was in town to see Jimmy Buffett. The hotel is within walking distance of 6th Street, well know for its live music. Great staff, clean rooms, what more can you say.

Room Tip: Nice view of the Capitol and downtown from southern facing rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rick H
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I've stayed at the DoubleTree on a couple of prior occasions and this visit was pleasant as always. Caring staff and nice rooms. It is a few blocks walk to 6th Street known as the Live Music Capitol. Easy commute to major attractions in the Hill Country.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I had a great experience. Amazing friendly staff and clean, comfortable, modern feel. It's by far the best hotel I've had the pleasure of staying at. If I returned to Austin I would defiantly stay again. Thank you

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business