I took the kids for a baseball camp to Austin. The hotel room was nice enough but it was so loud I couldn't sleep. You can hear traffic all night and apparently there is a fire station nearby so you hear them withe siren all night as well. The room was not cleaned well during our stay. The lady would leave the room glasses dirty and not replace them. I had to ask for towels/washcloths more than once. The breakfast was supposed to be free the way I booked but I had to haggle with the front desk to get my 8 year olds meal covered. The breakfast buffet was frequestly out of stock but the ladies there worked hard to make things right. I would also mention there are not many restaurants within walking distance. And finally the parking deck is the worse. My key card never opened the gate. I had to park on a steep incline and call the desk to get the gate open every time. The spots in the dungeon were so tiny. I have a small SUV and we had to squeeze out of the car. The staff was nice and the rooms were large but I personally would not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Austin. Enjoy a warm greeting with a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie at this comfortable hotel. Among Austin, Texas hotels, this DoubleTree hotel places you in the downtown business district and within minutes of all that the city has to offer. Walk to the University of Texas and the Texas State Capitol from our Austin, Texas hotel, which is 11 miles from Austin Bergstrom International Airport. Visit the Sixth Street Entertainment District, Barton Springs Pool, or explore the area around this Austin hotel with our complimentary shuttle service. Corporate guests are in easy reach of many regional and national companies, the Austin Convention Center and favorite local restaurants and nightlife. Retreat to a spacious suite at the DoubleTree Suites Hotel Austin. All of our suites offer separate kitchens, living areas and private bedrooms in sophisticated surroundings. Upgrade to a two-bedroom suite, Penthouse or Executive suite for a wrap-around rooftop balcony with breathtaking city views. Host a meeting or event in this downtown Austin hotel's 5,000 sq. ft. function space, including the beautiful Rose Garden Terrace. Let our professional staff assist you from planning to execution. Stay fit in our fitness center, or relax in our heated, outdoor pool and patio deck. Savor delicious American or Southwestern cuisine in our 15th Street Cafe, open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and then retire to our popular 15th Street Lounge. Book your stay at our Austin, Texas hotel and experience true Texas hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Suites By Hilton - Austin Hotel Austin
- Doubletree Hotel Austin
- Doubletree Austin
- DoubleTree Suites By Hilton - Austin Texas