“Ok place”

Ranked #24 of 200 Hotels in Austin
The Woodlands, Texas
“Ok place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I took the kids for a baseball camp to Austin. The hotel room was nice enough but it was so loud I couldn't sleep. You can hear traffic all night and apparently there is a fire station nearby so you hear them withe siren all night as well. The room was not cleaned well during our stay. The lady would leave the room glasses dirty and not replace them. I had to ask for towels/washcloths more than once. The breakfast was supposed to be free the way I booked but I had to haggle with the front desk to get my 8 year olds meal covered. The breakfast buffet was frequestly out of stock but the ladies there worked hard to make things right. I would also mention there are not many restaurants within walking distance. And finally the parking deck is the worse. My key card never opened the gate. I had to park on a steep incline and call the desk to get the gate open every time. The spots in the dungeon were so tiny. I have a small SUV and we had to squeeze out of the car. The staff was nice and the rooms were large but I personally would not stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Danny C, Sales Coordinator at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Azrazeus,

Thank you for leaving such a thorough review of your time as our guest. I am so sorry to learn that your experience was not enjoyable or worthy of a better rating. The challenges you mentioned - outside noise, hotel breakfast, and parking - certainly are troublesome but also preventable; I am sorry we did not better respond to your concerns to provide a solution. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further about this recent visit. If you do not object, I can be reached at the address below.

Most Sincerely,
daniel.craven@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed one night to attend a 2 day meeting at the Texas Capital building. Doubletree Suites is 2 blocks from the Capital and it was wonderful to be so close to the meeting. The hotel charges to park your car in their garage - worth it because parking spaces are hard to find this close to the Capital.
The suite included a small kitchen, a nice living room (sofa, dining table, TV, and dressers), a separate large bedroom with 2 queen beds and large closet, and a generous bathroom. The suite felt like a comfortable apartment and was quiet (even though close to the elevators). I did not have a meal at the hotel.
After a 3 1/2 hour car drive to Austin, it was a blessing to have the doorman (Tee Jay) help us park my car and get us off to the meeting quickly. The front desk allowed us to go to our room at 10:00 AM. I found everyone I met at this hotel to be very helpful and friendly. I also liked their warm chocolate cookies when we checked in. Minor complaint: The shower head was wimpy.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Grannylois,

Thank you for leaving such a thorough and positive review of our hotel and service. I am glad to know you enjoyed your time as our guest. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Tee-Jay so he knows how much you appreciated his hard work. I will be sure to have our engineering team look at the shower head in your suite to ensure it is working properly. I hope we may continue to welcome you as you return to Austin for business at the Capital.

Cypress, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here several time. To date I have never had a bad experience. The parking is a little tight if you have a big car but other than that I have been very pleased. It's a quiet hotel so you can really get a good night's rest.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Anthony P,

Thank you so much for your continued loyalty to our hotel as well as your review from your most recent visit. I am so glad that we are able to continue to meet your expectations and provide you a quiet and comfortable place to rest each night. I hope we may come to welcome you again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Our rooms were gorgeous. The customer service throughout our 9 day stay impeccably classy, accommodating, and thorough. Comfiest beds my family of 4 has ever slept in. Staff, especially Sales Director Cecilia Martinez and front desk's Austin, memorable for their many friendly kindnesses. Excellent stay. Highly recommend. Kitchenettes very nice and location extremely handy.

Dear 177laurelm,

Thank you so much for leaving such a kind and positive review of our hotel and staff. I am so glad we were able to provide your family such a welcoming and comfortable place to call home for your 9-night stay. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Cecilia and Austin so they know how much you appreciate their hard work. I hope we may come to welcome you again in the near but not too-near future.

SIncerely,
austin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Really enjoyed our suite. And love the delicious warm chocolate cookie with nuts yum! my favorite! Definitely would stay there again. Our suite had a refrigerator, microwave one king 2 queens and a pull out sofa!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Lithia G,

Thank you for leaving a review of our hotel. I know how much I love the DoubleTree Cookies and am glad you enjoy them as well. Sadly I have to be careful or I will enjoy them too much and too often while working. I hope we may come to welcome your family again soon.

Dallas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

The Suites are laid out perfectly for multiple guests with a living area, kitchen, and a separate bedroom. Kitchen is equipped with a full size refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave. The finish out is very clean and sophisticated.

Thank Robert P. G
Danny C, at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear RobertPG,

Thank you for leaving a review of your recent stay. I am glad to see that our hotel suites were able to provide for all your needs while traveling. I hope we may come to welcome you again soon and often as you continue to travel to Austin. If you need any assistance, I remain at your service.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Austin can be a tricky town to get a hotel in. Whenever we have clients in from out of town, I book them a room at this Doubletree. The consistency of room cleanliness, terrific staff, amenities and location is what I demand when I'm responsible for making our clients comfortable and always tell me what an amazing stay they had. This Doubletree makes me look good and I'm so glad I can trust them to take good care of our clients.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Dear 728sandyd,

Thank you for taking time to leave a review of our hotel and service. It means so much to us that we have earned your business and continued loyalty when you have clients in Austin and need accommodations. I am so glad that our suites, amenities, and service allow your guests to feel at home while away from home. Hopefully this professional relationship will continue well into the future.

Most Sincerely,