“Business Trip---Family came along”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin
Ranked #22 of 200 Hotels in Austin
Austin, United States
“Business Trip---Family came along”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for business but my family came along for leisure. Upon arrival, the desk clerk was unfriendly and treated my autistic son very rudely. She would not acknowledge him when he spoke to her. She needs to learn how to treat people who are disabled. When I asked her for directions to local grocery stores she said she could not help me and that I could google it on my smart phone. They advertise that the "free cookie" is a big deal but are reluctant to give them out to all guests. She said, "Oh do you want to give him the cookie with all the sugar?" This hotel is NOT for the disabled and NOT family friendly!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Danny C, Sales Coordinator at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Patty H,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. I am so sorry that your time as our guest was not enjoyable due to a challenging arrival and welcome. I would like to speak with you further about this visit; if you do not object, I can be reached at the email address below. I will be happy to call you directly around your schedule. Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon.

daniel.craven@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Newark, Delaware
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

The location is not ideal for exploring Austin. The rooms were decent enough. The elevator was awful and barely worked correctly. The staff, although pleasant, were not very good with service recovery. Will look at other options the next time I visit.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear 2wander2wonder,

Thank you for taking time to share you experience as our guest. I am so sorry to learn that you stay at our hotel was not outstanding. Our elevators were just recently modernized to help ensure our guests do not experience excessive delays for service to and from their suites. If you do not mind, I would enjoy the opportunity to speak with you further. If you do not object, please reach out to me at the address below. I hope to hear from you soon.

Cypress, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

I have stayed in this hotel several times and have yet to be disappointed. Unlike many of the other hotels the rooms are large and it is very quiet. The room was about the same price as other hotels in the area. Staff is always friendly. The only down side is there are not many places to eat within walking distance.

Dear Anthony P,

Thank you so much for your continued loyalty to our hotel as well as leaving a review of your most recent visit. I am glad to learn that you have always enjoyed great service and been pleased with your suite when visiting. The next time you visit, please check in with our Bellmen/Concierge Team, as they have a number of great restaurant recommendations that are all within close walking distance to our hotel. I hope we may come to welcome you again soon.

Grapevine, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Suites and had a fantastic stay while visiting with family. We felt very much at home because of all the extra space you have with a suite. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was larger than those in most hotels. Everyone was extremely nice and the cookies were warm and delicious.

Dear Sandra D,

Thank you for leaving such a fantastic review of our hotel and service. Our recently renovated hotel allows our guests to have a little extra space when stretching out to relax each night. I am so glad you enjoyed our cookies as well. Hopefully we may come to welcome you as our guest again soon.

Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

We were impressed by this hotel. Customer service was excellent and all the staff remembered us and greeted us when we returned from our outings. The front desk was particularly helpful. Although the location wasn't perfect there is a complementary shuttle which will take you to restaurants, etc. The suite we had was spacious and perfect for our needs. All in all a very positive revue.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear KokoLB,

It truly makes my day to read such a fantastic review. Thank you so much for taking some time to share you experience as our guest. I will be sure to pass your kind words on to our Front Desk team so they may know how much you appreciated their hard work. Hopefully you may come back to Austin and return to the DoubleTree Suites again soon.

The Woodlands, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I took the kids for a baseball camp to Austin. The hotel room was nice enough but it was so loud I couldn't sleep. You can hear traffic all night and apparently there is a fire station nearby so you hear them withe siren all night as well. The room was not cleaned well during our stay. The lady would leave the room glasses dirty and not replace them. I had to ask for towels/washcloths more than once. The breakfast was supposed to be free the way I booked but I had to haggle with the front desk to get my 8 year olds meal covered. The breakfast buffet was frequestly out of stock but the ladies there worked hard to make things right. I would also mention there are not many restaurants within walking distance. And finally the parking deck is the worse. My key card never opened the gate. I had to park on a steep incline and call the desk to get the gate open every time. The spots in the dungeon were so tiny. I have a small SUV and we had to squeeze out of the car. The staff was nice and the rooms were large but I personally would not stay here again.

Dear Azrazeus,

Thank you for leaving such a thorough review of your time as our guest. I am so sorry to learn that your experience was not enjoyable or worthy of a better rating. The challenges you mentioned - outside noise, hotel breakfast, and parking - certainly are troublesome but also preventable; I am sorry we did not better respond to your concerns to provide a solution. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further about this recent visit. If you do not object, I can be reached at the address below.

Most Sincerely,
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed one night to attend a 2 day meeting at the Texas Capital building. Doubletree Suites is 2 blocks from the Capital and it was wonderful to be so close to the meeting. The hotel charges to park your car in their garage - worth it because parking spaces are hard to find this close to the Capital.
The suite included a small kitchen, a nice living room (sofa, dining table, TV, and dressers), a separate large bedroom with 2 queen beds and large closet, and a generous bathroom. The suite felt like a comfortable apartment and was quiet (even though close to the elevators). I did not have a meal at the hotel.
After a 3 1/2 hour car drive to Austin, it was a blessing to have the doorman (Tee Jay) help us park my car and get us off to the meeting quickly. The front desk allowed us to go to our room at 10:00 AM. I found everyone I met at this hotel to be very helpful and friendly. I also liked their warm chocolate cookies when we checked in. Minor complaint: The shower head was wimpy.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Grannylois,

Thank you for leaving such a thorough and positive review of our hotel and service. I am glad to know you enjoyed your time as our guest. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Tee-Jay so he knows how much you appreciated his hard work. I will be sure to have our engineering team look at the shower head in your suite to ensure it is working properly. I hope we may continue to welcome you as you return to Austin for business at the Capital.