“Spacious and quiet”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin
Ranked #26 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

When they suite they mean suite. The room had a separate bedroom with an actual door! Kitchen was very nice and convenient. I loved that you could turn on a separate AC for the bedroom or the rest of the room. Being able to close off the bedroom made it very quiet. Good walls and good windows. Would definitely stay there again!

Stayed: August 2013
Danny C, Sales Coordinator at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear GrnBfly,

Thank you for leaving such a kind review of your time as our guest. It is wonderful to know you enjoyed your suite! We provide rooms that usually exceed the expectations of our guests since you get the private living area and micro-kitchen to ensure you are comfortable. The A/C is certainly necessary in Texas in July; I'm glad you were cool enough at night while resting. I can't wait for your next visit, please let me know if I can help.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

The hotel provided excellent service and was convenient to downtown Austin and to the University. The food in the restaurant was excellent and the rooms which are actually suites are more than adequite.

1  Thank Marjorie T

Dear Marjorie T,

Thank you for leaving a review of your recent stay at our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your time as our guest. The 15th street cafe is a wonderful place to have a meal; it is wonderful to know that you had a great experience. Our all-suite property does provide larger than average rooms so our guests have a little extra space to relax. I hope we may come to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is the very best hotel, ever. Beautiful, clean room with comfortable mattress and pillows. The entire hotel is very clean and comfortable. The staff compliments the excellence in amenities. The bell staff is above par in all aspects. Ralph and TJ are very accommodating and kind, they know and show the meaning of customer service. Excellent value for the money. We have stayed here four times and will continue to stay whenever we travel to Austin.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Danny C, Sales Coordinator at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Marian T,

I must say, reading your review has just made my day. Thank you so much for leaving such a nice review of our hotel and staff. Our recently renovated hotel certainly allows all of our guests to be comfortable while they revitalize before their next big day. I will be sure to pass on your kudos to Ralph and TJ so they may know how much you appreciate their hard work and effort. I look forward to your next visit and many more visits in the future. Please let me know if I may assist you in any way.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Room was nice; view of the capitol is great. Lobby is clean and staff very friendly. Nearby restaurants offer easy access. You have to pay for in-room Internet; however, but most guests seem to hang out in the lobby's comfy chairs and use lobby internet or go to Starbucks next door. Starbucks closes early, so don't plan on hanging out there for free Internet at night. The hotel will give you a courtesy ride if you are going within 2 miles of the hotel.

Dear Pamelatazzy,

Thank you for leaving a review of your time as our hotel guest. I am glad you enjoyed the majority of your stay however apologize that we could not meet your expectations in regards to wifi access within your suite. As you mentioned, the wifi is free in the lobby as well as for our Hilton Hhonors Gold/Diamond guests. I hope we may still come to welcome in the future; perhaps you may enjoy the wifi access benefit on your next visit. Thank you again for your comments and feedback.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

if you are looking for a hotel that charges you for every little thing with the ice machine on the 2nd floor only, then this is the right place for you. if you want a hotel that competes with current standards with free internet, breakfast, parking, coffee, then this ain't the place for you. great service, but totally old school.

Dear Ed V,

Thank you for leaving a review of your recent stay at the DoubleTree Suites. We appreciate you taking the time to write us and explain your disappointment with our hotel and services that we offer to our guests. I will be sure to communicate your review of our hotel with our Management Team so they discuss possible changes for a better guest experience.

Our hotel does charge for parking, internet, and breakfast however these valued extras do become complimentary for our loyal guests of Hilton HHonors. If you continue to stay with the Hilton Worldwide family of hotels, you may come to enjoy these 'little extras' as well.

We understand that you have many choices in the downtown market when traveling, and we do hope that you will give us another try when you return. If there is anything I can do to help arrange your return, I remain at your service.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

There for a work trip. Service was great upon arrival. Room ready. Asked for a quiet room and I got it with a view of the capitol. The room was very clean, well lit. I did not visit the restaurant but had a drink at the bar which was very pleasant. I would recommend not only for the feel but for the locale. Will return...

Dear Minerva N.,

Thank you for leaving such a kind review about our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your time as our guest and that we could provide you a quiet, comfortable place to relax and recharge after a long day at the office. Our location is very convenient to the State Capital and we have several nice restaurants in the area for our guests to enjoy. I look forward to your return soon; if you need any assistance with that trip, please contact me at your convenience.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I enjoyed the stay at Double Tree. The service was great and so was the food at their restaurant. Everyone on the staff went out of their to answer our questions and make our stay welcome. I will be back

Dear 833claudiov,

Thank you for leaving a review of your time as our guest. I am so glad to know you enjoyed our hotel and the service provided by our staff. Our 15th Street Cafe is a great place to grab a bite to eat both for breakfast and dinner; I am glad you were able to dine there. If you need any assistance in the future to arrange your return visit, please do not hesitate to contact me.