“Great Experience”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin
Ranked #26 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I was in Austin for a One-Day Conference in Mid-July and had the pleasure of staying at the Doubletree Suites. It is a beautiful hotel with all the amenities of a luxury hotel. The staff was friendly, the room was spacious and well worth the rate. The next time that I am in Austin, I will definitely look into another stay there.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Danny C, Sales Coordinator at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Maria T.,

Thank you for taking a few moments to leave of our hotel and service. I am so glad you enjoyed your visit during your work conference. I must say I agree that our hotel offers many great amenities and outstanding service, very similar to a luxury hotel only without the luxury price tag. I hope we may come to welcome you again soon, if you need any assistance, I remain at your service.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

For $249 per night I would've thought that they would have had better toilet paper than that you would find at a gas station, and no free wi-fi, that's simply inhumane. The hot chocolate chip cookies were delicious though.

Dear Derek D,

Thank you for leaving a review of your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry to hear that we did not provide a truly outstanding experience due the the amenities that we provide in all of our suites. Our wi-fi access it complimentary in the hotel lobby and restaurant as well as for members of our Hilton HHonors program. Perhaps you may give us another chance and we can help create an outstanding hotel experience. If you're open to this idea, please contact me directly.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Great property for biz or leisure traveler! Have stayed here for years and always ground this hotel to be clean, friendly and located perfectly. Austin is a great city and staying here is awesome! Try one of the penthouse suites with great views and huge balconies...

Dear Hans K,

Thank you so much for your continued loyalty to our hotel. Your frequent visits and long-standing tenure at the DoubleTree Suites means more than I can put in words here. I am so glad that you're most recent visit was outstanding as well. Hopefully we can continue this professional partnership well into the future. If you need any assistance with a future booking, please let me know.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

great welcome at front desk . Spacious two bedroom suite with generous lounge Great breakfast buffet . Some deals include breakfast some don't . Situated a short stroll to the Capitol building . The hole in the wall diner nearby serves great tex me food . The hotel serves wonderful salads and burgers etc . We stayed a full week and would love to return . congratulations on the quality of the front desk and breakfast staff.

Room Tip: Some have a hob some do not
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Danny C, Sales Coordinator at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Ahappytraveller101,

It truly makes my day to read your review of our hotel and service. Thank you so much for taking time to right about your stay. Our hotel is the perfect location to enjoy a short walk to nearby restaurants and attractions but far enough from the night light to allow a peaceful night's rest. The Texas Chili Parlor is a fantastic spot for a great meal without paying fine-dining prices. I hope you may come stay with us again in the future, perhaps for another week-long getaway. If you need any assistance in making those arrangements, please contact me at your convenience.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Perfect hotel close to capitol building (our balcony looked over it). Two room suite for family of 6 was still spacious, very clean and modern rooms. Breakfast was great and being able to walk to the Capitol and Congress Ave was excellent. Staff were friendly & attentive, overall great stay so would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Robert Jeremy C

Dear Robert Jeremy C,

Thank you for leaving a review of your time as our guest. I am so glad you were able to enjoy your suite and that your balconcy provided a great view of the State Capitol. I will be sure to pass on your praise of our staff and their service. Hopefully we may come to welcome you again soon. If you need any assistance in making the arrangements, I remain at your service.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

When they suite they mean suite. The room had a separate bedroom with an actual door! Kitchen was very nice and convenient. I loved that you could turn on a separate AC for the bedroom or the rest of the room. Being able to close off the bedroom made it very quiet. Good walls and good windows. Would definitely stay there again!

Stayed: August 2013
Danny C, Sales Coordinator at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear GrnBfly,

Thank you for leaving such a kind review of your time as our guest. It is wonderful to know you enjoyed your suite! We provide rooms that usually exceed the expectations of our guests since you get the private living area and micro-kitchen to ensure you are comfortable. The A/C is certainly necessary in Texas in July; I'm glad you were cool enough at night while resting. I can't wait for your next visit, please let me know if I can help.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

The hotel provided excellent service and was convenient to downtown Austin and to the University. The food in the restaurant was excellent and the rooms which are actually suites are more than adequite.

1  Thank Marjorie T

Dear Marjorie T,

Thank you for leaving a review of your recent stay at our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your time as our guest. The 15th street cafe is a wonderful place to have a meal; it is wonderful to know that you had a great experience. Our all-suite property does provide larger than average rooms so our guests have a little extra space to relax. I hope we may come to welcome you again soon.