“Friendly staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 197 Hotels in Austin
Seoul, South Korea
“Friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

The staff members were amazing! Front desk managers always willing to help, cheerful and happy servers at breakfast, and a great group of bellboys/drivers. My only complaint is that several rooms (I was traveling with a large group) had random things go missing- like food and a shirt. This was addressed by the staff, and I don't know what the end result was. By the end of our two week stay, the room cleanliness went downhill. On our last full day, two rooms were not cleaned, and mine was minimally cleaned and not restocked.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Danny C, Sales Coordinator at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Kermital,

Thank you for taking a few moments to leave a review of our hotel. I am so glad we were able to provide a mostly outstanding visit while you were our guest. I apologize that as your departure approached, however, that your room was not receiving daily service. I will be sure to pass on this feedback to our Housekeeping Team so they can research what may have happened during your visit. I hope we may come to welcome you again soon or perhaps sometime in the future. If you need any assistance, please contact me at your convenience.

daniel.craven@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Columbus, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

This hotel and it's staff are absolutely wonderful. Our group of 34 high school journalism teachers truly enjoyed our 2-week stay from beginning to end. I highly recommend the Double Tree in Austin, Tx (tell Eugene we said hi)

Dear Karen S,

Thank you for leaving a review fo your time as our guest. I am so glad you had an outstanding visit during the 2014 ASNE conference. I will be sure to pass on your kudos to Eugene; we are certainly lucky to have him on our team. I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back next summer. If you need any assistance, I remain at your service.

austin,tx, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stay often and cannot say enough nice things about the bell and front desk staff.....outstanding. This is the first time that I had unsatisfactory service with housekeeping. Room not cleaned on 2 days(asked to have it cleaned one of those days-poor job-had to call again to have housekeeping return) Also, on Friday night had to call security 3 times because of the situation in the next room. It would have to be loud for me to call, I realize that it is sometimes hard for you to regulate that but the party was only one night. I would suggest not letting them stay there again-since we reported it, there should be contact information. Staff was very apologetic but a delicate situation at 3:00 a.m.

Hello Patricia H,

Thank you so much for your longstanding loyalty to our hotel. Thank you as well for leaving a review of your most recent visit; I am sorry that we did not deliver the normal standard of out outstanding service that we strive for. I will be sure to follow up with our Housekeeping Team to learn more about what happened regarding your daily room service. The other challenges you mentioned are certainly regrettable and I am glad we were able to help resolve them in the best possible manner. I hope this visit will not deter you from returning in the future. If you need any assistance in that regard, please contact me at your convenience.

Houston, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

The two-bedroom, two bathroom suites are spacious and will accommodate up to 6 adults. The downtown location for this Double Tree is ideal if you plan to visit the University of Texas campus or the State Capitol in your travels to Austin. I highly recommend this hotel for large families visiting Austin. The level of service is also top-notch and the cookies were yummy.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Chi W,

Thank you for leaving such a nice review of our hotel and service. I agree on all counts that our hotel is incredibly close to several great parts of downtown Austin and our operations team provides outstanding service. I will be sure to pass on your comments to our team. Hopefully we may come to welcome you again soon.

Dallas, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

The location was perfect. The customer service wasn't all that great. I asked for clean towels and they were never brought to the room. I paid for breakfast with my debit card and then when I checked out I was charged for breakfast on my bill as well. So I was being charged twice for breakfast. Good thing I had kept my receipt.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Misty W,

Thank you so much for leaving a review of our hotel. I am sorry that we were not able to provide an outstanding experience in all aspects of your visit. I agree that our location certainly is convenient to many of Austin's best sights. We are always striving to get better and I will pass on your feedback to our Restaurant Manager so he may ensure such a billing inaccuracy does not happen again. I hope we may come to welcome you again soon.

San Antonio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I was in Austin for a One-Day Conference in Mid-July and had the pleasure of staying at the Doubletree Suites. It is a beautiful hotel with all the amenities of a luxury hotel. The staff was friendly, the room was spacious and well worth the rate. The next time that I am in Austin, I will definitely look into another stay there.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Danny C, Sales Coordinator at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Maria T.,

Thank you for taking a few moments to leave of our hotel and service. I am so glad you enjoyed your visit during your work conference. I must say I agree that our hotel offers many great amenities and outstanding service, very similar to a luxury hotel only without the luxury price tag. I hope we may come to welcome you again soon, if you need any assistance, I remain at your service.

san antonio, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

For $249 per night I would've thought that they would have had better toilet paper than that you would find at a gas station, and no free wi-fi, that's simply inhumane. The hot chocolate chip cookies were delicious though.

• 2 of 5 bubbles

Dear Derek D,

Thank you for leaving a review of your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry to hear that we did not provide a truly outstanding experience due the the amenities that we provide in all of our suites. Our wi-fi access it complimentary in the hotel lobby and restaurant as well as for members of our Hilton HHonors program. Perhaps you may give us another chance and we can help create an outstanding hotel experience. If you're open to this idea, please contact me directly.