“Avoid at all costs”

Holiday Inn Express Austin North Central
Ranked #128 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 15 October 2011

Worst hotel experience ever! Read review here before going but since my company was paying for it, I didn't have a choice. Upon checking in on a Sunday evening, they claimed they couldn't find my company's credit card info and asked me to use mine to hold the room for one night until they could confirm payment with my company the next day. Monday evening I stopped by the desk and asked if everything was okay and was told yes, and reassured my card was no longer in file and all would be billed to my company. Tuesday, I checked my bank accnt to find that not only had 1 night been authorized on my accnt, but an additional authorization was pending for another 5 nights. I was only staying 5 nights. I went round and round with the desk manager and the so called revenue manager and it didn't get resolved until after I checked out on Friday, 4 days of having almost $1,000 frozen in my accnt. And all I got for their error was an unempathetic apology and was told by the revenue manager that it was my fault for using a debit card and that now I'll know better next time to use a credit card. They did finally admit that it was the employee who initially took the reservation that filed my company pmnt info in the wrong file and that the employee who checked me in also was in the wrong and, according to their policies, he shouldn't have even taken my card to hold it since it was shown on my profile that it was a corporate reservation. A fellow traveling for the same event as me, was also double billed and had to get them to issue a refund to his card. On top of the money issues they caused me, our key cards were deactivated one night and several people had to go back down to the front desk to stand in line to have their cards reactivated; the floors in the room felt damp and my socks were gray after walking around the room in them; and finally, the toilet in my room just stopped working the morning of my check out. Oh, and still nothing in the way of a true apology or an attempt to make it up to me.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Michelle S
leslett, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Austin North Central, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2011

Michelle,

I am sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. After investigating this matter further, we never charged your card for over a $1000.00, we only authorized your Visa card for $588.75 and the final bill came out to $339.25, so that was the only amount charged to your Visa card. I do apologize for the toilet not working properly on the day of your check out, but after looking at the maintenance records, there was no complaint issued by yourself to have it fixed by our maintanance department. We would have been more that happy to get the issue resolved quickly. If you would like to discuss this matter more in detail, please feel free to call me at 512-821-0707. Thank you, Lesley Easley, DOS

Reviewed 11 September 2011

I had a great time at this hotel once Kirsten the front desk clerk came in. She is wonderful and i wished she worked for me. There was a very rude guy there but Kirsten made everything better.!!! She helped me with a great place to take a cleint out to eat. Got me a shuttle van to pick us up and drop us off. The hotel is very clean , the beds so so soft. I loved it!!! I will be back...

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

We are happy you had a great stay. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 29 July 2011

Very disappointed in the stay and the follow up from management. We left our luggage in the office area (behind a locked door) and my sons sunglasses were stolen. Also, there was a shortage of towels and we had to use bath mats to dry off. This happened all 5 days we stayed there.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Love2teach43

Sorry for any inconvience.

Reviewed 5 July 2011

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights, it was super clean, friendly staff, perfect location as my work is only 1 mile away. The rooms are spacious, clean, and feel new. I would definitly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Lesley E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Austin North Central, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Thank you for your feedback, we take all reviews to heart and as a team work together to better service our guest. We are elated your stay was great. We do try and treat our guest like family.

Reviewed 5 July 2011

The staff was excellent, it was clean and up to date the food was good and the pool is a dream.... I would go back in a heart beat. And there is free shuttle service to and from the airport, with a very nice fast prompt driver...

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2011

This Holiday Inn Express is not equal to the others I have stayed at. It's on the wrong side of Austin from the fun stuff do, and the beds are seriously uncomfortable.

The staff did not recognize my program memberships or give me "perks" they claim members get. Actually other than handing me a key and saying a room number I wasn't acknowledged at all.

• Stayed: March 2011
2  Thank JessieDAwsome
Reviewed 31 December 2010

I stayed here for one night (Tues check-in and Wed check-out.) I arrived around 4 p.m. and found both people working the front desk to be friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. I was grateful to see the bathroom was spotless. The mattress was firm and comfortable with soft blankets and several pillows, both soft and firm. My experience started off great and then went downhill. The ice machine on my floor was broken, so I had to go to the floor above or below. Not too big a deal. Then I went out with friends and stayed out rather late. When I arrived back at the hotel there were hardly any spaces left and the only accessible entrance was quite a distance from my car. Before I went to sleep, I put the Do Not Disturb sign on the door. I was awakened by housekeepers talking loudly right outside my door. Their loud conversations started around 9 a.m. so I had no choice but to get up, even though I wanted another hour of sleep. Around 9:30, one of the housekeepers knocked on my door several times. She did this even though it clearly said, "Do Not Disturb." Then, about 15 minutes later, she knocked AGAIN and even tried to open the door. Thank Goodness it was latched because I wasn't even dressed! To me, that was very unnecessary and inconsiderate. It's not as if I was staying past check-out time. The rooms themselves are clean and comfortable and the location is great. I just found it difficult to rest and relax. Don't know if I'll stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo