We only needed a place to stay for one night so we found the cheapest hotel we could find. To say "you get what you pay for" couldn't be more true than this place. Situated directly under the highway underpass, there were plenty of other hotels nearby so this area is obviously a frequently used spot. The hotel room itself was dirty. The chair in the room was stained and sticky, the counters had some sort of gooey film on them, the tiles and grout in the bathroom were moldy, and we even killed a few spiders crawling through the sheets! We both took cold showers despite the fact that the cold water wasn't even turned on and the bed completely collapsed as soon as we got on it. When we went to check in, the clerk literally couldn't care less. It was almost as if I was an inconvenience, interrupting her as she watched a music video on the computer. At check out, there were two folks in front of me and two behind me. All of us received the exact same treatment: "Checking out? Okay, thank you. You're all set. Next!" It was an assembly line. No care taken to customer service or anything. Having just spent the past week on the road, staying at three other hotels in various cities, it could not have been more obvious that they didn't care. Never mind the fact that the other guests were pretty shady and noisy. I don't fully blame the hotel for their behavior and the roudiness didn't last all night like I expected it to. This was just not a well maintained business and I would definitely avoid it in the future. Next time, I'll pay a little extra to a better experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Americas Best Value Inn Austin, located in the state capitol of Texas and the live music capitol of the world. Visit the historic Governor's Mansion, which has been the official home of every Texas governor since 1856. Our hotel has two floors & 88 comfortable guest rooms. Each room is well appointed with free wifi, free local calls, microwaves & refrigerators, hair dryers, coffee makers and 25" TV with cable channels including HBO. Our property amenities include: Free Wifi, outdoor pool, exercise room & guest laundry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Hotel Austin
- Americas Best Value Inn Austin, Texas