“Great Hotel; Great Staff”

La Quinta Inn Austin North
Ranked #85 of 203 Hotels in Austin
El Paso, Texas
“Great Hotel; Great Staff”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed at the La Quinta Inn & Suites North in Austin, Tx and everything was great. Staff members Jaime (Front Desk) and Kirsten Jackson (Kitchen) were friendly, helpful, and had a great attitude....

Room Tip: Great Hotel; great rooms
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
SAN ANTONIO, United States
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The hotel room was very clean, roomy and comfortable. The Wi-Fi was easy to connect to. The décor of the room was fresh and clean. The only negative would be no coffee pot in the coffee machine in the room and the hallway smelled like a hamster cage, a little dank and musty, but inside the room, all was great! The positives outweighed the negatives!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Weslaco, Texas
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We had previously stayed here before and decided to give it another shot since the hotel had been refreshed. Upon arrival I was told of the "Happy Hour" with Chili Dogs and Free Drinks. We attended the reception with our kids, since kids love hot dogs. The front desk clerk that was setting up the hot dogs told me that for future reference kids were not welcome at the happy hour reception because alcohol was being served. My kids were sitting quietly eating their hot dogs. I brought this to the manager's attention, I am assuming he was Mr. Patel, and he said that kids could sit in the last row of seats. Why this makes any difference I do not know. Drury serves evening beverages and all are welcome. Needless to say, this was upsetting, and we felt unwelcome. I canceled my 2nd night and will be staying at a Family Friendly Establishment.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed here for one day with the Grandson. Andrea at the front desk was very helpful upon check in. The room was clean and the king suite was huge. New rooms with new amenities. Window views from most rooms, probably not great. Pool was nice! Great breakfast, standard LQ, no short comings. Even had a 5:30pm happy hour with two free drinks and fajitas. Very impressive.

Only a few negatives. Elevator smelled like the machine shop I worked at in college. (mechanical smell). Sofa pull out should have had clean sheets. Grandson did not mind. But, I pulled them off upon leaving, so they HAD to be changed. Everyone MUST come in through the front door, unless you want to use the stairs on the side. Because of this, the front door gets lots of traffic. They might want to steam clean the concrete more often.

All in all, a great room value.

Room Tip: Backside might be quieter.
Texas
Reviewed 16 June 2014

As a frequent guests of La Quinta properties across the country, I understand that these franchise hotels will range anywhere from excellent to terrible depending on the owner. This North Austin location is somewhere in the middle of the two.
Driving along I35, there is another La Quinta not a mile down the road south from the North Austin location. I’m glad it wasn’t this La Quinta as it was in terrible shape and much older property. The North Austin location is a little difficult to get to as is does not have an exit to reach the hotel. You must exit about a half mile back and make a U-turn, if you stay on I35 you will go right by it and drive quite a distance to the next exit before you can turn around. The hotel seemed to have a lot of homeless milling about outside as they are all hang out under I35 bridge just a stone’s throw from the hotel, so I suggest parking in a lighted area and not in the back of the lot.
The rooms are in fair condition however, the carpet had a few stains and showing signs of wear as well as a broken and cracked window in the room. The room also seemed very stark with minimal decor. There were no paintings on the wall, or any other decor to brighten up the room. A small painting or artificial plant would go a long way here.
The front desk staff seemed friendly for the most part, I only had an issue with not having an alarm clock in my room and one was brought to me very quickly.
The pool area is very small, so any more than 5 or 6 people and it will feel cramped and the work out area seemed clean and well kept.
The breakfast area is clean and the breakfast itself was good, but if course very crowded.
One thing I want to mention is many people stay at La Quinta for their excellent pet policy, if this is the case; just know this location has absolutely no grassy area to walk the dog. If you continue pass the entry of the hotel you will see a business park straight ahead. Inside the business park there are several areas you can walk your pet, but of course be a good pet owner and pick up after your pet.
I would not hesitate to stay here again, while it was somewhat stark in its decor and a bit drab, it was clean and adequate for a few night stay plus had a good location.

Room Tip: Park in lighted area if possible
2 Thank goldendeal
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My daughter basketball team stayed here for a tournament and I was truly impressed with the hotel and staff. Our rooms was ready at time of check in and the polite staff was awesome and honored any request we had. I never stayed at a LaQuinta before but based on my stay I would definitely stay here if we are back in Austin for another tournament .

• Stayed June 2014
Brownscille, TX
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Although our accomodations were first rate, we were greatly impressed by the staff's willingness to be helpful regardless of the problem. We were especially impressed with Ms. Kirsten Jackson who went out of her way to make our stay especially enjoyable. We travel frequently and usually stay at the La Quinta Inns but of all our stays over the years this was the most outstanding! We will definitely stay there again!!

Room Tip: Seek out their friendly staff for information both about the city and surrounding attractions.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple