“Older, less known Fairfield Inn located South - newly renovated, great stay.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin South
Ranked #97 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Most of the time I stay in a higher end Marriott but it was booked. Was able to get a room at a great rate next door to the Marriott South with Fairfield Inn. Was I surprised! The owner of this hotel just renovated all the rooms and they are great. The bed is very comfortable and the room decor is stylish. One thing I like a lot is that the shower heads really have great pressure. A great message to start your day. The staff are great...Terry and Briana are very friendly and represent this hotel well. They recognized my Marriott loyalty and automatically upgraded my room. Everyone from the front desk to the cleaning staff seem to be on their game. It's refreshing to see people that appear to enjoy their job which represents well to the person who owns or manages this hotel. Although an older hotel; rooms, price and service, go a long way at this location. I highly recommend this hotel for overall quality and value. Keep it up Fairfield South!

Room Tip: Certainly ask for an upgrade if the hotel isn't very packed.
1  Thank Taosgolfman
Nicola D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin South, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Taosgolfman,

Thank you for noticing our renovation, we are very proud of the new look and style. Our team are trained to ensure each guest has a wonderful stay and i am glad to hear they took great care of you. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Austin!

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin South

Reviewed 20 March 2013

We had a mixup about our reservation and even though it was my error, they went above and beyond to help fix it. Kelcey from the front desk provided exceptional service and it was greatly appreciated. Highly recommend.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Nicola D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin South, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Iv515,
Thank you for your kind words and recognizing Kelcey and her ability to fix the reservation error. Our aim is to ensure that each guest leaves our hotel happy and impressed and we are delighted that you felt this way.
We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Austin!

Reviewed 16 March 2013

This hotel staff was amazing. From the front desk to the housekeepers and maintenance. Everyone was always so friendly and helpful. Will def stay here again.
I am weird about letting housekeeping or anyone in my room while I stay there. Housekeeping always let me grab towels off there cart and took my dirty ones. I'm a smoker so the front staff always saw me walking in and out to smoke and every time always pleasant and smiling. The staff truly is one of the best!

• Stayed: March 2013

Jeng77,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for the Fairfield Austin South. It is our goal to make each and every one of our guests feel at home and provide exceptional service. We greatly appreciate your feedback and are looking forward to your return visit soon!

Reviewed 14 March 2013

I was in a wedding party and all the guests and family stayed here. The rooms were clean and bright and surprisingly spacious. The breakfast area was also large enough to accommodate the dozens of wedding guests who were filtering in and out each morning. The only down side was that it is not in the heart of the action. Any time we went anywhere we had to drive which was kind of a bummer. So if you plan on using this hotel for your wedding block I would suggest providing shuttles for your guests (as the bride and groom did) or let them know in advance they'll have to cab everywhere.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

BethanyB22,
It was a pleasure to have you, your friends and family stay with us last year you were such a fun group to work with and have at the hotel.
I am glad you enjoyed your trip to Austin and we look forward to seeing everyone on for the next reunion.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

I was at this hotel for a little less than a week, My room was very spacious but they L-shaped couch, Two televisions, Only downside it was right off the elevator, But didn't hear much from the bed placement. There was plenty of parking, Friendly hotel staff.

Breakfast area was Limited in seating.

Overall satisfied, The Marriott next-door serves food and beverage and you can charge to your room at the Fairfield or any property in that vicinity.

Room Tip: Asked for the room with the L-shaped couch. Suite I believe

Charles B,
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to know that you experienced some of the extra services that our Fairfield has to offer. It is also nice to know that the suite was to your liking and that your would recommend it to future travelers.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

I stayed here as I had a flight out of Austin. It was a very clean hotel. The rooms were good and the beds were comfortable. I really enjoyed the Front Desk crew as they were also very helpful in finding some things I needed last minute before my plane ride. As a Platinum member, they upgraded me to a bit nicer room than I booked. This is a very comfortable hotel to stay in while in Austin.

MidTMike,
Firstly, Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott, we truly appreciate your business!
It is always a pleasure to have our Platinum Elite guests stay at our hotel and even more rewarding when they recognize the hard work and passion of our team members.
We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Austin.

Reviewed 18 January 2013

I've stayed here in the past with great results, and specifically with a talented front desk staff of Russell and Jennifer. This week's attempted stay explains why I'll continue to patronize this hotel when I visit Austin. After attempting to check in late in the evening we found out our travel agency booked us erroneously into another Fairfield 10 miles away. Russell stepped in quickly. He offered to call the other Fairfield to explain the error and ensure we weren't charged for the visit. He then mentioned that although he had no rooms available, he would gladly call next door to Springhill Suites. We agreed and in a matter of minutes what could have been a big inconvenience was resolved and we were set up for 2 nights in the hotel next door (very nice) at the same rate as the Fairfield. What a deal! Russell is a real asset to his employer. Nice job and thanks for your help!

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Nicola D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin South, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Darryl A.

Thank you so much for your kind works about our team we truly appreciate your feedback. Our goal is for every guest to leave the Fairfield Inn & Suites happy and we are thrilled that we exceeded your expectations.
We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Austin.