“Excellent Staff, Nice and clean rooms”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin South
Ranked #93 of 205 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 1 May 2013

My experience here was awesome! I came here for a large city-wide conference and this was a true respite from my busy day. This appears to be an older property but it is well-preserved and many parts seemed newly renovated. I will return to this hotel during next year's conference.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Nicola D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin South, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Bree B,
Thank you for your kind words, we truly pride ourselves on our staff service and cleanliness. Feedback like yours makes us proud to be in the hospitality industry.
We look forward to seeing you next year!!

Reviewed 22 April 2013

I was so happy I chose this hotel while in Austin for a couple days. This seems to be an older property, but it must have been recently renovated because it seemed new. The hallways, I believe, had new carpeting, as did my room on the 3rd floor (a suite). My room was fantastic and appeared to be brand-new. It had very nice furnishings. There was a great work desk, 2 TVs, and a very comfortable bed (see photographs). I loved the room and comfy bed.

There is plenty of free parking and free wi-fi. I don’t use amenities like a gym and pool, but there was a very nice indoor pool by the elevator.

The young lady who checked me in, Sari, was exceptionally nice and pleasant. Marriott should be proud to have her as an employee.

The breakfast area was very clean and stocked with scrambled eggs (as well as hard boiled), lots of breads, some kind of meat, juices, cereal – the usual. It was very good. The coffee is always good at Marriotts. Breakfast is complimentary.

This hotel is NOT located in the center of downtown. But, it’s very close. It’s conveniently located off of 35, very near to the main drag leading to downtown (it took us about 10 - 15 minutes with traffic to get to downtown). But it is not walking distance to downtown. There is LOTS in the area near the hotel as far as restaurants, fast food joints, etc. I would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank tczig
Nicola D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin South, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We truly value the feedback we get from our guests. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Austin!

Reviewed 19 April 2013

So as soon as I returned back to Chicago, I realized I was missing a pair of shoes. In my rush to make an early flight, I sleepily forgot to pack them. The fine folks at this Fairfield are Fed-Exing (unintentional alliteration) them to me at their expense! During our stay, the front desk was extremely helpful: 1. after checking into our room, we realized we could hear the Interstate traffic and asked to be switched to another room. Our request was happily granted, even after we had already used the shower. 2. when filling up my water bottle at various times during the stay, I was frequently asked if I would like a fresh water bottle. 3. when we called the front desk from our car to get an ice cream recommendation, we were pointed to an excellent place (Amy's).

The room itself was fine. The stellar,helpful service is what makes this Fairfield stand out.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tonio007

Thank you for taking the time to write about us and acknowledging our hard working staff! We truly appreciate the feedback. We will share all of the kind words with our team. It's guests like you that make our jobs feel truly rewarding. We hope you come back and see us the next time you're in Austin!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Marriott has a group of hotels at this location, I believe there are 5 different levels of Marriott hotels here along I 35. I have stayed at all of them, except the Marriott Hotel, and have found all of them very pleasant and quiet. The cost for these are far less than downtown, and they usually have rooms when most of the ones downtown are booked solid. Because Austin always has something going on, it is not easy to find a room on the weekends, but being 10 - 15 minutes from downtown and the University, this chain has rooms almost anytime I call. Good breakfast choices included in the room price. Free parking, and easy off of I 35 north, a bit more difficult off of I 35 south. I like staying here when I go visit my daughter who lives in Austin

Room Tip: Never heard the highway traffic, no matter what room I was in.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Bill,
Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. We aim to please all of our guests and we are happy to hear that you are a loyal Fairfield Inn & Suites guest.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

Most of the time I stay in a higher end Marriott but it was booked. Was able to get a room at a great rate next door to the Marriott South with Fairfield Inn. Was I surprised! The owner of this hotel just renovated all the rooms and they are great. The bed is very comfortable and the room decor is stylish. One thing I like a lot is that the shower heads really have great pressure. A great message to start your day. The staff are great...Terry and Briana are very friendly and represent this hotel well. They recognized my Marriott loyalty and automatically upgraded my room. Everyone from the front desk to the cleaning staff seem to be on their game. It's refreshing to see people that appear to enjoy their job which represents well to the person who owns or manages this hotel. Although an older hotel; rooms, price and service, go a long way at this location. I highly recommend this hotel for overall quality and value. Keep it up Fairfield South!

Room Tip: Certainly ask for an upgrade if the hotel isn't very packed.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Taosgolfman

Taosgolfman,

Thank you for noticing our renovation, we are very proud of the new look and style. Our team are trained to ensure each guest has a wonderful stay and i am glad to hear they took great care of you. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Austin!

Reviewed 20 March 2013

We had a mixup about our reservation and even though it was my error, they went above and beyond to help fix it. Kelcey from the front desk provided exceptional service and it was greatly appreciated. Highly recommend.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Nicola D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin South, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Iv515,
Thank you for your kind words and recognizing Kelcey and her ability to fix the reservation error. Our aim is to ensure that each guest leaves our hotel happy and impressed and we are delighted that you felt this way.
We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Austin!

Reviewed 16 March 2013

This hotel staff was amazing. From the front desk to the housekeepers and maintenance. Everyone was always so friendly and helpful. Will def stay here again.
I am weird about letting housekeeping or anyone in my room while I stay there. Housekeeping always let me grab towels off there cart and took my dirty ones. I'm a smoker so the front staff always saw me walking in and out to smoke and every time always pleasant and smiling. The staff truly is one of the best!

• Stayed: March 2013

Jeng77,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for the Fairfield Austin South. It is our goal to make each and every one of our guests feel at home and provide exceptional service. We greatly appreciate your feedback and are looking forward to your return visit soon!