All reviews front desk the breakfast area room was clean upgraded to a suite marriott hotels mini refrigerator yogurt free breakfast rental car close to downtown pleasant stay staff was very friendly and helpful shuttle service an upgrade hotel room great customer service definitely stay here again
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Worst work out room ever. It's like a closet could not have been larger than 10' x 8' Very hot, no whipes for machines, washcloths for towels.
Staff said I could use the workout room at the hotel across the parking lot. Not what I want to do at 6:00am in a strange place plus I had already worked out. Breakfast was pitiful and not fresh. How about a banana? People were nice but I will not stay again.

Date of stay: June 2014
Trip type: Travelled on business
Jeremy S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin South, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry the workout room was inadequate for your needs. We do have a new treadmill on the way and the gym wipes have been restocked. We continue to work on a permanent solution to expand the fitness center and in the meantime we do invite our guests to utilize the facilities of the Marriott Courtyard Austin South which is next door. My sincerest apologies to you for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We flew into Austin as our jumping-off spot to visit San Antonio, and then on to Waco and Baylor University. This Fairfield Inn was in the perfect location -- close enough to the airport that we didn't have to drive for hours to get settled for the night; but far enough away that we didn't have jets flying overhead to disturb our sleep. The staff is FABULOUS! So helpful and friendly. Attention to detail in the rooms is amazing. Everything spotlessly clean. The hot breakfast in the morning is another plus; however, seating is quite limited. We liked this hotel so much that we made a return trip on our way back from Waco.

Room tip: Even if you are at the front of the hotel, the roadway noise is pretty muffled.
Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank C L

I am very happy to hear that our hotel was a great fit and hope you come back soon. Thank you for the review!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

From the moment we walked in, we were welcomed and felt very "at home" by the staff! The rooms were average. I wished there would've been more mirrors and lighting, but overall on average hotel room. The kids used the heated pool and enjoyed it. The customer service was excellent and everyone I encountered were more than happy to help! :) That makes a BIG difference!!

Room tip: Get rooms away from highway.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your review, I am very proud of all the staff members that made your stay great!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I've been really liking the Fairfields lately - they seem to be newer builds for the most part & more hospitable than Courtyards. This location is definitely a good one - the staff was warm & welcoming and the facility seems to be nicely kept up.

My room was clean & comfortable - got upgraded to a suite which is always nice (Marriott Gold - holla!). Wifi is free, though I couldn't get it to work for me while I was there. It was just one night anyway so it wasn't a huge deal. I can tell you that the air-con works like a champ & is relatively quiet.

If you care, they have an indoor pool & workout room as well as free parking. Location wise, it's relatively close to both the airport (4-5 miles) and the city (2-3 miles).

I travel most weeks and stay in Marriott's most of the time - this is definitely an above average property. Would happily stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Jeremy S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin South, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for your review! Along with our indoor pool our guests also have access to the outdoor pool at the Marriott Residence Inn next door and the hot tub and fitness center at the Marriott Courtyard. Both are just a few feet away.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Who ever is doing the staffing and training, knows what they are doing. The staff were all up beat, the beds were great. I am a fan of Fairfield Inns, but this one was better than others because of the people involved. Give up the good work. the breakfast is what it is in chain hotels, so make the best of it, eat what you can and forget the rest. They had flowers waiting for my wife for Mother's Day, points scored!!!!

Date of stay: May 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay!