All reviewsfront deskthe breakfast arearoom was cleanmarriott hotelsyogurtfree breakfastrental carpleasant stayclose to downtownan upgradeair conditionerdefinitely stay here againconvention centershuttlehighwayrefrigeratorhousekeeping
Reviewed 2 September 2014

The staff at the hotel are great and the service is wonderful. However, the hotel itself is basic and is comparable to others in the 50.00 night range. The rooms are cheaply decorated as well as the fixtures. Breakfast buffet is OK, bit not for more than 2 nights. The pool area is small and indoor with a strong odor of chlorine. We had to leave the pool area after 25 minutes. We will not return to this location.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
Andrea N, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin South, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

First I want to say I am very happy to hear that you loved our staff! I want to apologize that your experience was anything less than excellent. It is our goal for every guest to leave enjoying their stay to the fullest. Thank you again for your feedback as it is always valuable.

Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

The staff? Wonderful. The location? Prime. The breakfast? Top notch. The space? Narrow as crap. The elevator felt tight, the hallway narrow, but the room was NOT. You couldn't adjust the contrast on the tv, leaving some channels painfully dark. The pool was indoors, but cold. I would stay for a short trip, but not extended.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Tiffany M
Andrea N, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin South, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the Fairfield Inn and Suites South Austin. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 25 August 2014

The staff was very friendly, rooms were clean and comfortable, and the breakfast food plentiful, but MY GOODNESS is the breakfast area tiny! It is tough to negotiate with the toaster in the middle of, and waffle maker in the corner of, the food line. There are only four tables. I realize this is unused space the other 20 hours of the day but it seems like the architects could have given this area a few more square feet to start a guest's day off right.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NaomiHouston

Thank you very much for your comments. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. I am looking into additional tables currently to hopefully create more space for the breakfast area, thank you for the suggestion!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

This place was nice and clean. Check in was fast with my online reservation. We were immediately greeted by the manager with a smile. She handed out cookies to my kids while they waited for me to check in. Anything we needed they were more than happy to help us with. Only issue was there were no towels in the pool area and we didn't know that until after we got into the pool.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MGuidea

Thank you for your kind words! It was a pleasure having you as our guest, we hope you will return soon!

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel offers the basics...clean room, comfortable enough bed, no fridge (bummer) fairly inexperieced front desk staff (although very friendly) and a great, very outgoing manager. The indoor pool was warm but overall very enjoyable. I did have housekeeping staff walk into my room unannounced, but no harm done other than a good startle for both of us. Location is not very good because of scary Austin traffic that must be endured to get to and from there. Enjoyable, enough, I guess.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Richard M
Jeremy S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin South, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for your review. I appreicate the positive comments regarding the staff service and apologize for the slow service in housekeeping. We are working to improve speed in that area and that should not happen again.