Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - Capital of Texas Hwy.
Ranked #150 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This is a nicely remodeled place to stay in a great location and area of Austin. Everything looks nice and new. It has a fully equipped kitchen and a full size frig. I was not disappointed in any way.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - Capital of Texas Hwy., responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

David - The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel including our clean rooms with fully equipped kitchens and convenient location at a great value. Again, thank you for the comments. We look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the future!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Checked in on Friday and checked out on Sunday...no room service during the stay (was told that would cost extra since we were not staying more than 8 days) Had to bring down my dirty towels if I wanted clean ones, the coffee pot in the room didn't work and I was told I had to bring that down for an exchange "if" I wanted a working one. Won't be staying for any ''extended stay" again!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JacQueH
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Was given a Smoking Room, booked a Non Smoking - "Nothing they could do and no other rooms available". I can't describe the stink and the bad experience. Would never go back and do not recommend. Awful service and delivery!

Room Tip: You might book something and get something else and then not have it resolved or moeny back so my ti...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sivarlandia W
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - Capital of Texas Hwy., responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the miscommunication. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are working on fully explaining room accommodations when the reservation is completed. However, when a third party reservation is made they do not generally guarantee a smoking preference, it is based off of availability.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at arb@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Not sure why anyone would want to be associated with this name. This is then second time I have stayed at this chain and this had a similar result.
1) small spider in bed
2) hair balls on shower mat
3) complimentary breakfast = granola bars, pre packaged muffins, oatmeal and not so fresh fruit with complimentary fruit flies.
4) No fitness center or pool or anything like that
5) Less than assertive or knowledgable front desk staff.
6) Best part - location

Room Tip: Don't get a room here. Go to anyone of the three or four other extended stays within the same b...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank travelinglizard2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - Capital of Texas Hwy., responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so glad that you liked our hotel's location; however, I am very sorry that our hotel did not meet your expectations overall. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that your room was unclean and our staff did not provide you with helpful, friendly service. In response, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures so our standards are more in line with our company's. As well, I am coaching the entire team on how to provide better customer service moving forward.

If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at ARB@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Priceline was offering a Great Price of $38 a night, (no-bidding, plus tax) so I grabbed it. I have no complaints. This hotel is VERY basic. I had never stayed at this chain before, but it seems about the level of a Days Inn (IMO). I had everything I needed and got a good nights sleep, so all that was fine.
I stayed on the top (4th) floor, and while the hallway was a little hotel musty smelling, my room was fine - I was even able to open my window. Everything was completely clean.
Take note, there are NO toiletries - not even a bar of hand soap!. Apparently you can ask at the desk, but I rummaged in my bag & I had enough stuff. Also the "breakfast" was just coffee and one or 2 packaged items. Really just coffee - plus. Not breakfast in my book. And only CoffeeMate for the coffee, not cream or milk, bleah
I only met one staff person, the desk clerk, no problems - but if you love warm and effusive staff - nope. I appreciate that the manager is checking these reviews and it seems like they want to improve. My suggestion, replace the carpet in the elevators, Now. And when all the work is done, hang some pictures on the walls across from the elevators.
There was a TA comment about the location, seems fine to me. Get off the highway, turn one way into a big mall, go the other way and the hotel is right there. Very convenient.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Cherylad
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I chose the location due to the price & close to my office. I stayed from the last week of June until October, 2013. All was OK till the last month or so. I even sent in a couple of good reviews on the staff. Then suddenly all the staff turned over and the new ones were poorly trained, cleanliness fell way off, and bfast bar was empty for days. The final straw occurred when my reservation mysteriously disappeared. The manager was at the front desk and cking me in. She was unprofessional and unkempt looking. She had just turned the man before me away, but "miraculously" informed me she found me a room, but would not honor the rate I'd been quoted, even though I had reserved through December. I believe she just wanted more money and thought that my organization would just pay it. I informed her I was not being reimbursed for the rate, but she did not change her stance. She also told me she would be raising it even though I had confirmation on all my future weeks of reservations. It was late in the evening when I cked in that week and I had to accept it, but quickly found another place and canceled everything. No wonder the new staff are all rude and unknowledgeable, their manager is worse than any of them. The only good person left was a front desk clerk named Megan who was always gracious and helpful. I've never had any business fail to honor a reserved rate or exhibit such poor customer service. I'll never use the company again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank C M
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - Capital of Texas Hwy., responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so glad that you enjoyed the majority of your stay; however, I truly apologize for the issues experienced with your reservation during the last month or so. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that I have spoken with our staff about this incident and am reviewing our check-in and reservation procedures. As well, I am coaching them on how to provide better customer service moving forward.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please feel free to contact me directly, at ARB2@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

My company uses this hotel chain for our business travel and this is not like other Extended Stay Americas that I have stayed at. I was here for 2 nights. Everything is unorganized and most of the staff seems to not know what they are doing. The room was clean but it was quite noisy. I called down to the front desk to ask a question and nobody answered for hours. When I went downstairs, I asked for an extra blanket and the guy at the desk said they were out to come back later. Also they ran out of coffee during breakfast. I understand that things happen, but it seemed like every time I had a question people were confused and/or lazy. I am going to request not to stay at this location when I travel to Austin from now on. I would like to note that Meagan (sp?), the girl who checked me in was very polite.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - Capital of Texas Hwy., responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Your comments in regards to Megan's service are much appreciated; yet, I was disheartened to read that we failed to provide you with the best possible customer service overall. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will be working on correcting this issue immediately to make sure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Please feel free to contact me directly, at arb @extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.