“Another good review for Drury”

Drury Inn & Suites Austin North
Ranked #32 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I've stayed in Drury hotels before. The one in Amarillo was fantastic. This one in Austin was excellent. Check-in is super-easy. Walked to the counter, showed them my ID, and they gave me my room key. No hassle at all.

The room was very comfortable and quiet. The AC unit was quiet. I got a very good nights sleep.

The shower was good, plenty of hot water pressure. Good towels, too. Drury is known for good breakfasts. This one was excellent, too. They even had a server behind the hot food counter. Unusual for a "free" breakfast hotel.

They have additional power outlets at the desk and on the nightstand. I wish all hotels would do this so we don't have to unplug lamps or clock to power our laptop or pads.

There WAS an issue with security in the parking lot. One motorcycle was stolen and another was severely damaged in an attempt. My motorcycle traveling partner and I had the forethought to park up front in sight of the front desk. The ones that were stolen and damaged were at the back of the lot. Apparently, parking lot security is a problem at this hotel, they had automated barrier gates to try to keep out the riff-raff. They don't stop motorcycle thieves, though.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 April 2013

We stayed here during the MotoGP race April 20-21, 2013. The hotel is so accomodating - they went out of their way to make sure we could check in. Drury hotels usually offer 2 free drinks and a snack bar that is very simple - but this one offered a list of drinks and the bar carried hot dogs and chips and more! You could get a good meal and go to Sixth St to drink! They even called our cab for us. Parking is open and easy and free - so is wi-fi, plus they have shower gel in the shower and great water pressure. The free hot breakfast carried eggs, sausage, waffles, biscuits, juices, coffee - you could fuel up before heading home! The price of the room was only $127. The hotel is clean and not being downtown - quiet. Only a $12-15 cab ride to sixth street.

Room Tip: Pack lotion, they only carry in the rooms shower gel, shampoo and conditioner. The shower gel doesn...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2013

As an avid Drury Inn traveler, I wish I could state that this is the usual excellent Drury experience, but it wasn't. I arrived early and did not anticipate my room to be ready. It wasn't. However, I asked the staff to call when it was and they didn't. I called three hours later and that is when I was told it was ready. I stated that I didn't get a call, to which someone called back five minutes later and said that our room was ready! I guess to avoid a complaint being made! The hotel was not as clean as expected and looks outdated. It is large for a Drury. So, if your room is in the back, like ours, expect to walk a mile from the front of the lobby and dining area to the back. The room was not as comfortable and the bed seemed small for a queen bed. The area also seemed somewhat dimly lit.

The happy hour was nice but as usual, overcrowded and almost impossible to get more than drinks.The service was okay but nothing to rave about. The lines were long but good food offerings. The breakfast was plenty but again, too crowded to enjoy. Tip to Drury: Replace your styrofoam cups for real coffee mugs in the room. The coffee is not great and the cups make it taste even worse.

Overall, I would not be eager to stay at this Drury compared to the others I have stayed. Not impressed just so-so.

Room Tip: Ask for a room toward the front of the hotel. This is a large hotel and the rooms in back take forev...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Austin North, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We also appreciate that you are an avid Drury traveler! Our hotel is a little different in design than the standard Drury. We added a second building after the original construction, so if you have reserved a suite or a queen room, it can seem like a long hallway. We are more than happy to work with our guests on where in the building they would like to stay. I apologize that you were not contacted as soon as your room was ready. As with all Drury managers, I am eager to address any and all concerns during your stay, so that your experience with us is exceptional. As a company, we welcome your input as we continually look for ways to improve our hotels. Thank you again for your time!

Reviewed 16 April 2013

Mostly importantly, my room was clean! The sheets and pillows were not stained or old. Towels were good, too. The beds and pillows were very comfy. The cleaning staff was friendly. The only thing that dirty was the lazy boy they have in thee room.

The room was a good size for two people, but the restroom was a bit tiny.

The staff at the reception desk were nice and helpful. I used the business center since I needed to print something out to mail. The computers were not very fast, but not pull-out-your-hair slow, either. I tried printing on one computer and there was no ink in it. They should be on top of replacing the ink cartridges.

I used the fitness center and was fairly pleased. They had fresh towels and water there. They had two treadmills, an elliptical, and a bike. Not too bad. I guess it was early enough when I used it for it not to be packed.

Breakfast was good. Same thing each day I was there, though (I was there for a week). So it got old real fast, but it tasted good. The breakfast area is large so there were no issues finding tables at which to eat. As is customary at Drury Inn, they had the evening snacks with complimentary drinks...even alcoholic drinks.

There is a Chilli's and a Pappasito's next to the hotel...walking distance. Not very close to downtown Austin.

Overall, very nice place. I would definitely stay here again next time I am in Austin.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

The room was a bit noisy..The bed I had a very hard time sleeping in.. The staff is very nice.. Location is great..Price seemed a bit high, and I do stay in Austin from time to time..I stayed in a double bed room..Many hotels offer 2 queen beds..But I don't believe the beds were queen size , but smaller..

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 13 April 2013

My girlfriend and I had planned a trip to Austin to attend SXSW. While we were looking for hotels, we had noticed some outrageous prices. The Drury Inn seemed to be reasonably priced, so we did further research. The majority of reviews on Trip Advisor said that this place looked outdated, BUT it had a friendly staff, free breakfast/dinner/happy hour, and clean rooms. When we arrived at the Drury, we were not disappointed. The staff at the front desk were some of the nicest people I have met. Sure, the place looked like a blast from the 80's, but it was clean! The free dinner buffet and happy hour were pretty awesome (try the meatballs). The room was also very clean. I definitely recommend this place if you ever need somewhere to stay in Austin.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2013 via mobile

Love this hotel. The staff and rooms are great. They have a great hot breakfast and free food and drinks in the evening. Oh ya and 3 free adult beverage per adult too.
This is especially a good deal for families to save money on feeding the kiddos.

• Stayed: April 2013