“Average”

Drury Inn & Suites Austin North
Ranked #33 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a conference. The staff was helpful and pleasant. One of the few hotels I have stayed at where the toiletries are on the shower wall. I had to stay ask for hand lotion at the front desk. We made minimal use of the sofabed as it was not very comfortable. Breakfast and dinner reception are fairly standard offerings. Kudos to the staff for keeping up with the large number of guests.

Room Tip: Rooms are spacious.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ready2TravelHouston

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Always a great stay at the Drury. Our first stay was in October and we have been back 3 times since! Kickback hour, so fun. Breakfast very filling. What other hotel has the manager walk table to table greeting the guests. Pet friendly is a must for us, and the rooms are always clean.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Gabiinhutto
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My Husband and I came into Austin from the Hill Country just for some time away. Having stayed in the Drury's in San Antonio, I was pleased to find the Austin site to be just as wonderful. Extremely fast check in, with very friendly staff. Our room was perfect, with a super comfortable bed and everything was very clean. Breakfast was done very well and really good selection! Will continue to book Drury hotels in any town where they are available when we travel! I love this place!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kat721
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Overall, our stay for 2 nights at Drury was good. The front desk
and housekeeping were very helpful and professional.

A couple of complaints about our stay are:
.We did not get adjoining rooms although we requested them
when we booked our rooms. One of our rooms adjoined to a
room that was already occupied. The front desk said that the
hotel doesn't receive requests for certain rooms until the day
of check-in, and there were none any available. We have
never had any trouble getting adjoining rooms at other hotels.

. We could hear a dog barking during the day. It seemed to be
coming from below us. This was a 1st for us at Drury.

. After returning to the a hotel from a function, when the elevator
opened , there was a quest with a dog. The quest was wiping up
the pee from his dog with a hotel towel. Unfortunately, one of us
stepped in a puddle left behind . Another 1st for us at Drury.

Room Tip: Find out where quests with animals stay if you don't want to hear barking.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Thank TRICIAs.
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

I truly enjoy the Drury Inn & Suites & this one was no different levels always get a suite and this one even had two Queen beds Suites which was Great and nice size living room which two of my nieces were having Birthday's and we had cake and visited which was very nice the room was very nice as well as the staff and had nice Breakfast and evening snack was very good all the staff was great friendly and helpful so truly enjoyed our visit Thanks to the Drury Inn

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

I travel a lot. Whether it's business or pleasure, hotels are an annual staple in my life. I believe certain core elements are essential to keeping a guest satisfied: exemplary customer service, clean, stocked rooms and safety.

Anything else is a fringe benefit!

Booking my stay at the Drury was last minute and the ease of booking was satisfactory.

Check-in was fast but somewhat upsetting in that it required TWO credit cards...my husband's and mine...just so I could check into the room. Now, I don't expect violins or bleeding heart sympathy, but I had been in Austin since 8am driving around trying to find things to do in order to occupy my time while my husband was in a 10 hour training course. This just happened to fall on a day when it was 27 degrees all day long! I just wanted to check in. Isn't this what hotel and TRAVEL is all about? Helping guests rest and be comfortable?

The VERY NEUTRAL (not friendly; not rude) male at the counter informed me that I could not check in without my husband's ID card. My option was to put the charge on my debit card and risk blocking my budgeted funds in order to get into this hotel room or sit outside in my idling car for another 2 hours until my husband was released from training and THEN drive in Saturday night Austin traffic to pick him up. I risked my card.

The service regarding this situation was uncaring. I told the desk clerk that I felt it was BS.

Parking was a 'fight for your space' type of environment! Side entry door was locked for guest safety...requiring me to balance 4 pieces of luggage, juggle keys, phone and the 6 cards the desk clerk gave me. Not to mention I was in gloves because of the cold. Lets just say I could have been attacked trying to get my key card in the slot!!!!

The room was clean and stocked. It had nice features. The restroom was missing a vent to eliminate humidity and odor from oozing into the sink area. The restroom did not have a trashcan so any items needing sanitary attention had to be dropped on the floor until finished with one's tasks and then placed in another trashcan location.

Sound quality was so so. I could hear the flushing of toilets, morning alarms and hair driers in other guest rooms. There wasn't a lot hallway traffic so noise from that area was not an issue.

Breakfast was good. As a fitness instructor and consumer of clean foods, it is refreshing to find high protein choices such as non-instant plain oatmeal, scrambled eggs, yogurts and ham. The hotel offers free dinner and breakfast, and adult beverages to boot. A very small 'per cup' coffee brewer was available in the room (hint...take your own coffee pot! it tastes better and makes life that much more pleasant).

We stopped by the front desk on the way out , after having called for a late check out of 12pm, asking if my husband needed to sign or do anything or if I could just leave at 12. The female desk clerk was benign, not kind and not rude, in saying we were good.

I drove my husband to his second day of training and then returned to the hotel. Our room cards had been inactivated!!!! Because the guest safety is monitored by a gated room-key entry, the gate would not open. I had to reverse my car in the small space and go inside. The clerk blamed me! Said I "must have" demagnetized the card (I didn't even tell her it was both cards!!!). My cards were in my wallet but she accused me, THE GUEST, of keeping them with my cell phone and / or keys which would have demagnetized them.

Now, I'm no magnetic key card expert, however, while balancing my cards and phone the night before, those items touched, made contact and laid upon my cell phone and keys MULTIPLE times. Even after all of that touching, the key cards worked! We left and returned several times the day prior without a demagnetized card preventing re entry! My guess? The clerk inactivated the cards and did not wish to own up! ZERO points for customer service goes to Drury!!! I was very upset at this staff member for her accusation. I was upset at the situation. I was upset I had to get out of my car and get my card reactivated.

So on cleanliness, this Drury received a rating of great. On safety, they were so safe with access that a guest could easily be harmed in the parking lot or at the entrance door. The access 'gate' that requires a room key basically prevents people from casing the parking lot in a vehicle but NO preventions are in place to keep those on foot from entering! Safety is marginal. With regards to customer service, one bad apple spoils the bushel.

For government contracted purposes, this hotel is adequate. But if concern for your well being or safety are a priority, find a different hotel on the IH 35 corridor.

There are plenty to select from!

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Nikki W
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My friend and I stayed at this Drury Inn for the last day of the senate debate of the 2nd "Special" Session of the TX Lege for the debate of SB2(the anti-choice bill). It turns out that the DPS also stay at Drury. We got to hear from some of state troupers just what they were seeing. What was truth and what was fiction from their vantage and why in the world they had us surrender our feminine products?!?! One guy told us his wife's reaction. That was funny.

Drury Inns are always pretty nice. Our room had a bad smell when we got there. It was a smoking room. I don't recommend that. The staff came up and sprayed some Febreze and made the odor go away. After that, no complaints.

You get two meals a day at Drury. Dinner includes salad, hot dogs, pasta and 2 mixed drinks or beer/wine!

Service is great. Staff is friendly. I highly recommend, but get the nonsmoking rooms.

Room Tip: Get the nonsmoking rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends