“Great stay at the Drury”

Drury Inn & Suites Austin North
Ranked #33 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 1 September 2008

This was our second stay at this hotel in the past few months. Stayed several nights in March 2008 and two nights this trip. The rooms are clean, staff is friendly and we enjoy the amenities that Drury offers - 60 minutes free long distance per night, great breakfast buffet and evening beverages & snacks. The exercise room is OK. There is a Chilis and Fuddruckers rights next door which saves having to deal with the Austin traffic. Our double room was $99, which seems reasonable for the area. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 July 2008

I was very please that the hotel was very clean. Everyone seemed more than willing to help with anything. Food on the snack bar was good and free cocktails a plus. Did not eat the breakfast heard it was good. The only thing I did not like was I called to book and they gave me a price of 119.00 per night. I was fine with that. We decided to stay an extra night and went down to the front desk and paid. While we were waiting in line another couple came in and booked the same type room and paid 89.00 per night. They refused to give me any money back because that is what I booked for the night before. I was locked in the same rate. So be careful when you book.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2008

We stayed in a suite with a king size bed. Check in was smooth and the staff was friendly. I was given a pass to the business center, no problems. Evening snacks are more like a meal with baked potatoes, nachos, etc. which is a great money saver if you have kids. The waffle bar at breakfast was great and the rest of the breakfast food was more than fair. The bed was comfortable and our room had two tvs and a couch. Plenty of space for us. The bathroom was clean and the hotel was quiet.

My only complaint was the shower. It did not have enough pressure and the water was barely hot when turned up all the way, but I was one of the last to shower so that could be why.

Other than that it was a great stay and we will be returning if we need to.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank TEarth
Reviewed 16 April 2008

I booked a two room suite with queen size beds three months in advance. The attended gave me the price for my stay; but on arrival , I was given a different room. When I went to change my room to the suite that I had reserved, I was told that there were none available. Then finally one just so happen to appear and they increased the price from what was originally given to me. Other than being screwed with bad service, the rooms were nice. Oh yeah, don't eat the eggs for breakfast!!

Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed 6 March 2008

My wife and I travel A LOT for work, mainly on the weekends. I have stayed at other Drury Hotels and absolutely love them! This one, not so much. I had issues with them since the beginning. They put my in room 201, right above the breakfast area, which means that every morning we heard the shuffling of chairs on the floor and everyone talking really loud! Horrible. Also, the bathrooms are TINY, I mean, a mouse would have a hard time moving around in there. And too the day of our departure they decided to start to work on the elevators, so I had to haul luggage down a 10-mile long hallway to the other elevator and walk back! Our room had a brick wall on the North side and it was just plain ugly. I've stayed in much nicer Drury Inn's (i.e., Drury Inn & Suites in McAllen and the Drury Plaza Riverwalk in San Antonio - SUPERB!), which makes it all that much more disappointing. I will continue to stay at Drury Hotels, though - I am hooked.

The breakfast was good as usual, but just a mess - too many kids running around everywhere, but that is not the hotel's fault.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2008

We just returned from a three night stay while we attended the 3M Race with relatives. Access to race, UT, and home in the Hyde Park area mades this hotel a central one. We had a King and our dtrs family had a suite. Our breakfasts were the best of any moderate hotel we have had. The friendly staff helped us with directions to the Austin Zoo, breakfast for the early ones for the race, help with take out meals, along with snacks and drinks nightly and popcorn each afternoon. Our room was clean and quite large with seperate commode-bath area from vanity. Our room was across from the breakfast area, but there was no noise problem. Free long distance and internet wireless as well. Our AARP rates were in the lower 80s.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2007

Stayed here with my husband for several nights while in town on business. While the property has many perks for the business traveller, ie: great happy hour, business facility, free breakfast, the hotel needs work in many other areas. Beds were terribly uncomfortable. There is major construction taking place inside the hotel and the noise is a factor, especially early in the morning. We had a mouse in our room, as evidenced by the droppings. Dingy overall appearance. But the worst was just the incompetence of the staff. No one seemed to know what was going on, or care. The front desk had us checking out one day before we were scheduled to leave (our reservations were correct, we checked). So...we were told we had to check out because they were full for that night. After searching for something else, they said they could put us in a smoking room. We agreed. We packed our things, went to our meeting, and returned to the hotel to change rooms. At which point a different employee told us there was no need to change. No one seemed to know why the mistake was made. All in all, not a huge problem, but just really inconvienent and annoying. Won't stay here again. That solves that problem.

• Stayed: November 2007
KimChappell, eMarketing Coordinator at Drury Inn & Suites Austin North, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2008

We always appreciate guest feedback at Drury Hotels, as it helps us to continue to improve our service. We are very happy to report that the renovation has been completed and the hotel now has a fresh new look in the rooms and lobby. We are very thankful to our guests who put up with any inconvenience during construction, which did include some noisy days. We strive to provide the best product & service that our guests deserve and are excited to have you come experience the new and improved Drury Inn & Suites Austin North.