I stayed here for business, since it was near the Doubletree Inn, which was where the conference I was attending was hosted at. I decided to stay here instead of the Doubletree because it was less expensive and the reviews on the hotel were better.
When I called the hotel, I asked how close the Doubletree was to the Drury since I would have to walk to the Doubletree and was told that they 'shared a parking lot'. When I arrived at the Drury Inn, I discovered that the Doubletree is down the street about half a mile and they do not share a parking lot. To walk to the Doubletree, I had to walk down a sidewalk that was on the edge of the freeway's frontage road.
The hotel itself is clean and taken care of. However when I stayed there were several families with noisy children running all over the hotel. My room was quiet, away from the families, so when I did return from my conference each evening, I was able to have a quiet, relaxing stay.
The room was clean and large. The only problem I had with the room was that the bathtub drain did not work, even after they had hotel maintenance come up to fix it. The hotel refunded me one night's stay because of the inconvience, but because I had to walk back and forth further than I was prepared for, I wasn't able to use the tub which I needed.
The housekeeper was very polite and did a very good job.
The breakfast buffet and the 'snack' (really a full dinner) buffet were very good, but as another reviewer said, the waffles were a big problem with the guests who wanted them. Both of the days I stayed there, guests had problems making waffles because there was no no-stick spray for the waffle iron.
Overall, my stay was fine, but it was definitely marred by the problem with the bathtub drain. If I had another event at the Doubletree, I would elect to stay there next time. However, if I were staying in Austin for leisure, I'd probably stay at the Drury again, provided the tub drain worked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Drury Inn & Suites Austin North is centrally located off I-35 near the University of Texas at Austin. It's a quick, 15-minute commute from the hotel to the Austin Convention Center and downtown attractions. Start your day with a free hot breakfast and end it with free cold beverages and hot food at our 5:30 Kickback(R). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Drury Hotels Company, LLC, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Austin North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites Austin North
- Drury Inn & Suites Austin North Hotel Austin
- Austin Drury Inn
- Drury Inn Austin Texas
- Drury Austin
- Drury Inn & Suites Austin North Texas