“if this was my first stay at a Drury, it would be my only stay at a Drury.”

Drury Inn & Suites Austin North
Ranked #36 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 11 August 2010

compared to other Drury's at which I have stayed, I found this property to not meet the standards. Loud, somewhat dirty and small room.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 July 2010

We transferred from the Hilton Garden Inn-North to the Drury Inn for better service and accomodations. We were very impressed with DJ at the front desk. She went out of her way to smile and make our stay enjoyable... she has a wonderful smile. She helped us locate a local store we were trying to find and gave us a printed map. She searched for alternatives when we learned the store already closed. What a great effort she put in for us. The suite rooms are spacious, comfortable and clean. The morning breakfast is hot and very good to get you started for the day. The evening social has hot food and cold drinks for everyone. It was great to return to the hotel and have some food and a beer or wine. I can't say enough about the smiles and hello's received from the whole staff. We stayed four days which the Hilton lost out on due to their day manager's lack of courtesy and professionalism at check in. Thank you DJ!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2010

Check-in was handled efficiently. Our room had a king size bed, coffee maker, flat screen tv. Bed was very comfortable. Couldn't hear any noise either from inside or outside the hotel. Popcorn in the lobby. Full breakfast in the lobby. Glass enclosed elevator to the upper levels. Would recommend.

Reviewed 11 March 2010

Delightful hotel with some many extras for the money. Better priced than comparable out there without all the extras (I checked). Staff was great, especially "Wendy" at check in. We were so comfortable with the facility, we kept extending our stay daily, making that our base, staying there 3 days. Comfortable beds, hotel and room immaculate. A big money saver if you take advantage of their hot, fully stocked to the end breakfast, and their 5:30 Kickback food bar, which we did a few times. Great restaurants within walking distance also, which saves on getting out in traffic. Staying here made our trip that just included things we needed to do, feel special.

Reviewed 8 March 2010

We went camping in Bastrop on Friday night and came to Austin Saturday morning. They let us check in at 12p which was surprising. We knew they allowed dogs, but during check in we learn there is no fee or deposit...just fill out a form. The manager is telling us about a happy hour from 5:30p - 7p and asks if we're interested. I said we might go so she hands me two drink tickets for 3 free drinks per adult! The next morning we see their great continental breakfast - not just bagels, but eggs, sausage, waffles, etc.

This place was very close to town, great staff, great rooms. I was very impressed as I didn't expect all the perks. Oh, and it had very fast wireless internet. :)

Reviewed 22 February 2010

This hotel, although it says it has been renovated several times, is pretty worn out. The room we booked for three people had two double beds in it. My husband and I spent all night trying not to move. To their credit, they did look to see if they had a suite in their inventory. All they had was smoking suites -which reeked to a non-smoker like me. They did allow us to move the next day when a room became available for a $10 up charge. Best $10 I ever spent. Although the room was still 20 years behind, it did have two queen beds in it and much more room. The breakfast was fine as was the evening food they served. Tons of student teams staying there for a basketball tournament, but the rooms must be pretty soundproof.

My recommmendation - choose a suite and pay the extra $10. You will be glad you did!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2009

Alright, first the good things, the free breakfast was nice as were the free local newspapers on Friday and Saturday (though there was no free Sunday paper.

Now the issues, on the Friday night when I got in, there were high school students in the hallway all evening on my floor. They apparently were staying there for a crosscountry meet. I felt like maybe I was staying at a dorm or something, everynight I went out in the hallway, I had to skirt my way through about 20 high school students hanging out and sitting on the floor standing around. I really think this sort of thing presents an unprofessional scene for adult guests of the hotel and should not be tolerated by hotel management.

The other issue and this was a major one, Friday night after 2 AM there was loud partylike yelling by several teen girls (I think) in the room next door. Unbelievably, the next night at 3 or 4 AM the same thing happened again. Loud shrieking and yelling, party-behavior by a group of teens. I had good earplugs in and they WOKE me up both nights! They were really loud and again it happened both nights! I called the front desk on Saturday night and said they would send someone up to check it out, I don't know if they did or not. I really think Drury should be a little bit more discriminating at who it gives rooms too and keep out these teen party groups. This seriously marred my stay. And again, it wasn't just a one-time thing. I think the management and staffing is not up to par at this hotel based on my experiences.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
KimChappell, eMarketing Specialist at Drury Inn & Suites Austin North, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2009

Thank you for choosing Drury Hotels! We appreciate hearing from our guests and thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. It is our goal for each guest to enjoy a relaxing stay and a good night's sleep while at our hotel and we would like to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your recent visit. When we do have the occasional group in-house, they are required to sign contracts regarding behavior and curfews. We rely on our security, as well as the group chaperones to enforce these contracts, but we do have managers on call 24/7 in the event any issues are not addressed adequately. Your comments have been forwarded to hotel management to share with the team so we can work to make improvements. Again, we appreciate all feedback from our guests, as it helps us to get better every day to provide the best service and experience for our guests.