“Should have read the reviews first!”

Crossland Studios - Austin West
Ranked #175 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Management needs to take action rather than posting apologies because nothing apparently has changed. Yes, the staff was nice but beyond that...Dried food stuck to the sink, dishes in cabinet were stuck to the dirty shelf, something that resembled a hard, tiny excrement was in my sheets, shower stall was dirty, dish towels were grungy with someone's hair in it...We requested sheets to place on the dirty carpet but they disappeared when we returned to the room. After one night there was a bug bite on my arm. Enough! Posting photos. I've stayed in motels with less to offer for less that were cleaner than this one.

Room Tip: Call ahead to tell them to clean your room before your arrival.
1  Thank Travelerbycar

Reviewed 13 March 2014

The reception of the hotel was great at the front desk. The overnight attendant was average at best. The room was not the best but it served its purpose well. I have a good experience in my mind to rationalize my stay. If it were not for the SXSW pricing, the hotel would have not been priced correctly. There are several upgrades needed to bring the room up to par with what I have seen in other areas of Austin. The hotel is a member of the Extended Stay America family, so I expect average to exceptional rooms. This one was average.

Room Tip: The rooms near the apartments are a bit quieter. If traveling during one of the major conferences...
Reviewed 12 March 2014

-Maid didnt clean nasty chair with goo on it
-Overcharged for room after leaving
-Rooms smelt of BO and nasty.
-Carpets needed wash
-Had to goto office for shampoo and soap
-the guy came around banging on peoples doors about whether they were staying another night when we had 4 night stay. Got me out of the shower for the stupid inquiry

Reviewed 11 March 2014

The room stunk really bad I did not even take my socks off during my shower. It was a horrible stay we booked for two nights but only stayed one. Found another hotel the next morning. Could not even see the tv it was in a horrible place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Very unhappy with fact that there was a 100 deposit for only one night's stay....4 star hotels don't ask for that kind of deposit, especially when i had stayed there before...tried to call 1800 number, but it made no difference...somewhere, someplace, there was a new rule passed that everyone was to leave 100 deposit for only one night...tried to leave cash, so i could get it back in morning...that would take 2 weeks to get back in form of check only...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Needs an redo, everything is worn-out. The bathroom had a dried up looking clear stain on the wall by the shower, I hate to imagine what it was.To keep the road noise out, I had to shut the door on one of their very worn bedspreads in the door seal. It was the only room I could find in Austin on the night I stayed. I will never stay here again!!!!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 February 2014

My boyfriend and I recently relocated to the Austin area for his job, and needed a place to stay while we waited for the movers to arrive with our furniture. I picked this place, because it is located very close to our neighborhood. As stated in the title, I found the motel online, and it looked decent enough, but didn't take the time to read the reviews...my mistake! I also learned that a nice paint job does not equal quality.

The check in process was great, as the girl was very friendly, however she didn't give us a property map or even directions to our room (which most places do). We were put up on the third floor. We get outside, and start looking around for a stairwell or elevator. I actually had to tap on some maintenance mans shoulder and ask him how to get to the third floor. He gave us directions to the elevator, which is located in an enclosed breezeway type of area.

We get to our room, and it was passable. The rooms are microscopic, and there is a very small kitchenette set up near the bathroom, which only consists of a shower stall, toilet, and small pedestal type sink. There was a microwave and coffee maker, and even dishes located in the kitchen cupboards. The cleanliness was very questionable (especially in the shower stall). It looked like they did a quick "spray and wipe down" type of clean, instead of with hot water, cleanser, sponge, and vigorous scrubbing.

The surrounding guests were a whole other story. The guy next door to us was yelling and screaming at someone. We guessed he was on the phone, since no one was responding to his yelling or yelling back at him. I poke my head out the door, and notice that he is YELLING AT HIMSELF, no phone, no bluetooth device....just himself. Clearly some mental health issues at play here. About 2 hours later, he knocks on our door and asks us if we want to buy a half empty pack of cigarettes that he found on the street outside. I quickly shut the door on him.

Later that evening, we took our dog outside for an evening walk, and to let her use the bathroom. We stumbled on what appeared to be some type of drug deal, as these guys all scattered when we approached. Some units also had what looked like a family of four living in one of these tiny places.

In conclusion, this place is not a terrible place for maybe a single man, or a couple to stay for a night, considering it's only $55.00/night, However, I would not reccommend this place for families with small children as it just isn't safe.

As far as ammenities go, they are practically non existent. The place does have a small laundromat, but no ice or daily maid service.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple