“Pathetic”

Crossland Studios - Austin West
Ranked #175 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Pathetic Hotel - small and dirty rooms - if you are planning to stay in this hotel please take my advice and dont do it - you will have a far more comfortable stay by sleeping in your car rather than the joke of a bed that they have which will not be enough for a single person

Room Tip: Tip is to not stay in this hotel at all !
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I would never recommend this hotel due to extremely bad experience. Bed bugs and poor housekeeping. Had to clean the floor and get an air freshener cuz the room smelled. Need to upgrade on the TV's and more channels.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This is a simple review - AVOID THE HORROR at all costs. The hotel is dirty, the rooms are very old, 15" box tv, 3" small foam mattress with crappy pillow. I travel regularly and we took a chance because everything was so booked in Austin and it was a terrible mistake.

Room Tip: There are none unless you like a small 3" foam bed with two crappy pillows.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2014

A co-worker and I had a 3-night stay in Austin. We arrived at 2:30 am, our check-in guy, Dylan was very respectable. The exterior of the building siding looks fresh. We walked in our room and even in the dim lighting we had bugs in our lights, stains on our sheets, walls and floor of bathroom had visible mold, bathroom walls had marks of unquestionable colors and textures. Cook kitchen dishes had rough food stuck to them, the wall near the stove had crime. We did not feel safe walking on the stairwells as characters at all times of the day stand 'watching' you. Save yourself the experience and pay a bit more for another place to rest your head.

Room Tip: The La Quinta is nearby this hotel. It's about 20 bucks more and has breakfast.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

I booked this room on a last minute decision to go to Austin one day earlier than originally planned. Most rooms in the Austin area were already booked but the Crossland, being about a 20 minute drive from downtown Austin, still had a room available for less than $100 when everywhere else was going for $200+. The hubby and I wanted to try out the Austin iFly and the Crossland happened to be about a couple of miles away. Score! (Not so much)

The property is located in an area that appeared somewhat safe. Although not a new property, it looked fairly kept up. And by the looks of a large pile of old mattresses by the garbage bin, I guessed they were going through some remodeling. There were plenty of restaurant options nearby with a Main Event and the iFly located within a couple of miles.

The front desk was very friendly and efficient at check in but went into detail about the reason for the additional deposit (not unusual when paying with a debit card) and the reasons why I may not get my deposit back, such as "...trashing the place and throwing parties..." The hubby and I aren't in the habit of trashing hotel rooms so I laughed off the young lady's comment. In hindsight, that may have been an indication of this property's usual clientele.

After checking in, we were only in the room long enough to drop off our things and headed right out so we didn't notice the issues with the room right away.

The shower was filthy as if it had not been cleaned in a while with sprinklings of what seemed to be ash or remnants of burned paper pieces. The bathroom floor had noticeable, dried liquid splashes that I choose to believe were merely water spots.

The refrigerator had a foul odor so we refused to put our food in it and I happened to drop my phone by the bed and discovered that there was trash and crumbs left over from previous occupants.

At checkout, I told the young man about the room and he quickly apologized and offered to refund a portion of my fees.

The staff was friendly and the location seemed safe although a bit far from downtown Austin. I wasnt expecting much for the relative price, but I believe that the bare minimum that a property should offer is a clean place to stay for the night. Absent that, it is no more than a dump.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2014

My stay here would have been perfect,but the really old television set in my room is the only thing keeping this hotel from being one of the best in the area. If this hotel upgrades its television sets to high definition I would definitely give the highest rating possible to this place!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Management needs to take action rather than posting apologies because nothing apparently has changed. Yes, the staff was nice but beyond that...Dried food stuck to the sink, dishes in cabinet were stuck to the dirty shelf, something that resembled a hard, tiny excrement was in my sheets, shower stall was dirty, dish towels were grungy with someone's hair in it...We requested sheets to place on the dirty carpet but they disappeared when we returned to the room. After one night there was a bug bite on my arm. Enough! Posting photos. I've stayed in motels with less to offer for less that were cleaner than this one.

Room Tip: Call ahead to tell them to clean your room before your arrival.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business