“Trouble with door locking mechanisms”

Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum
Ranked #85 of 200 Hotels in Austin
Seattle
“Trouble with door locking mechanisms”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

Maybe this place is great, when the locks work. Arrived at midnight pretty exhausted only to be told that the door locking mechanisms weren't working for the available rooms and I had to go to another property. They said the night would be complimentary, but I charged full price at the second property. I was too tired to argue, although I might write Marriott a note. Things happen, but my experience was certainly very unpleasant.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
CourtyardNWatx, Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
I can only imagine the frustration that you felt when arriving at the hotel only to find out your stay was relocated. I want to personally apologize for the inconvenience that this caused you as I can assure you that this is not a regular occurrence. Unfortunately, I can't turn back the clock and change your experience. I do hope that when you find yourself in the Austin area you give us another chance.
Lynn Hon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard Arboretum last Saturday and had a great experience. I was in town solo for one night, had a wedding to attend on Saturday afternoon and a club meeting Sunday at noon. I picked this hotel based on its proximity to my two needs.
I called ahead and was allowed to check in an hour or so early on Saturday, so I could stash my things and change clothes for the 4:00 wedding. It was in a small town outside of Austin but with the excellent proximity to the 183 toll road, it took me just 30 minutes to get there. I returned to the hotel around 9 and decided to go to a movie, the cinema was walking distance away.
The next morning I got up and went for a bike ride, then had time to come back and clean up for my noon meeting. The meeting was in a business in the shopping area across the street so I asked the staff if I could just leave my car parked there rather than fight the crowded lot around the shopping and they obliged with a smile.
Room was well appointed, clean, and comfortable, and dark which I really appreciate when I sleep. Staff always had a smile and made conversation whenever I passed. Would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Scott,

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review of both our hotel and staff in your Trip Advisor survey. Our team was excited to hear your experience and it really brightened their day. I trust that when you are in the Austin area we will be seeing you again.

San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

The Courtyard was a clean, friendly hotel but it was just average. The staff at the desk were excellent and friendly. The Bistro was a little expensive. The hotel has a nice location near some shopping malls. It is what you would expect a Courtyard to be which in my mind is a decent hotel but no sparkle.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
I wanted to take a moment and personally thank you for filling out a Trip Advisor for our property. It is guests like yourself that not only help us improve by perfect our hotel. When you are in the Austin area again, I hope you give us the chance to sparkle your socks off during your stay!

Clements, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

I usually rate places at the highest possible and this is my first negative review. We stayed on the 31st of October. The place was crawling with drunks (I have children) that just wreaked of booze, someone urinated in the elevator, rude people all over the hotel cussing in front of kids. Loud obnoxious guests all night. Now for the room, mildew in the bathrooms, dirty carpet, hair in the beds (does housekeeping even try here or do they just make the bed?). you couldn't offer me a discount or a free night to come back to this place. Best advice...KEEP DRIVING.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to fill out a survey on Trip Advisor. I am truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I know that you mentioned you weren't interested, but if you change your mind it would be my pleasure to offer you a complimentary return visit to the hotel. It is very important to us that all of our guests leave completely satisfied.
Richardson
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

We like the simplicity of Courtyard, and almost always give a good review. This time, the bed let us down, though. It sagged and threw the two of us toward the middle. I expect a medium firm bed, and I like the flat, no sag. So this one gets points off for that.

• Stayed October 2013
CourtyardNWatx, Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to give us a review on Trip Advisor. It is guests like yourself that not only help us improve but perfect our hotel. As always,we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you staying back with us when you are in the area again. I assure you that our service and hospitality will knock your socks off!
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

Absolutely disgusting. Had other guests walk in thinking it was their room. Imagine if we weren't there?! I was disgusted when ghe front lobby thought it was perfectly acceptable and just said sorry. No emotion

• Stayed October 2013
CourtyardNWatx, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
We are so sorry to hear that we fell short of your expectations. Please contact our management team directly, we would be happy to resolve this issue with a refund or a complimentary invitation back to our hotel.
Crystal Porter
Montgomery, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

This is a nice hotel and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. I had an issue with my first room (had a weird smell) and when I called the front desk they immediately put me in a new room. Beds are comfortable and my room was spacious and very clean.

• Stayed September 2013
CourtyardNWatx, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a comment on Trip Advisor! We hope to you back in the Lone Star State capital soon, Hook em'!
Crystal & Team CY NW