“Needing repair”

Ranked #85 of 200 Hotels in Austin
New Orleans, LA
“Needing repair”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

First of all the staff here was very helpful and understanding, but this place has repair issues. Low water pressure, lack of hot water in a shower, running toilet...I will have to really think about wanting to go back here. The pool and porch area near the pool were nice to use, though.

Room Tip: pick a view that lets you see more than the walls and roof of other buildings.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Natalee U, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Thank you DomoArrigato for taking the time to review our property. Our apologies that you did not have a great stay, we strive to provide every guest with a positive experience. We do hope you will give us another opportunity to show you this high level of service when you are in Austin next.
Natalee -Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

We arrived quite late and appreciated the quick (less than 30 secs!) check-in. The room was on the non-highway side and it was still a bit noisy due to the nearby roads. We had a really cold night (30Fs, about 0C) and there was quite a "windchill" next to the window. So the A/C had to be on the whole night but that meant no issues for us.

The bed was heavenly! Huge and with a lot of different pillows, we hadn't slept this great in a long while.

The cafe area downstairs was ok, serves Starbucks stuff. There is a Target and H-E-B nearby if you are out of something. Plenty of good restaurants nearby.

Laundry was quite useful for a few bucks.

Internet was quick and worked well throughout our stay.

Overall we really enjoyed this property and will return!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Natalee U, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for leaving a great review! I am glad to hear you enjoyed our beds and they made for a great night’s sleep! I am also glad you found our location to be a fit for your needs here in Austin. We hope to welcome you back with us soon!
Natalee-Assistant General Manager
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

A great NW Austin location, near many great attractions and restaurants. The bed was comfortable, and all of the fixtures and furnishings were up to date and in good working order. They had a little cafe type area in the lobby which looked good, but I didn't go there. Indoor pool and hot tub were great. The front desk gent was very charming, and the service was great here.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Natalee U, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Thank you for taking time to write a review for us here on Trip Advisor. Our team is always anxious to hear what our guests have to say regarding their stay! We are glad your enjoyed your time in Austin and that the facilities here on property were all that you expected! We look forward to welcoming you back again with us soon!

Natalee
Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

I recently stayed at the Courtyard Arboretum for four nights. The hotel itself isn't fancy, but it's nicely updated. I thought the bed was quite comfortable for a hotel. Staff was extremely helpful and attentive. A good value.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Natalee U, Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Thank you for staying with us! I am glad you’re found your stay to be enjoyable; I will pass your positive review on to our entire staff, thanks for sharing! We can’t wait to welcome you back for your next stay here in Austin.
Natalee -Assistant General Manager
Lubbock, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this property, as a matter of business convenience only, approximately five time...I've had enough. The property is very run down and is definitely showing its age. During my last stay my room was on an upper floor, I literally waited 4-5 minutes for the hot water to arrive in the shower!

I've never had a problem with the staff, they have always been very friendly, accommodating, and helpful. Also, in today's age of hotel enticements to earn your business, I have gotten use to my having a free continental breakfast...not at this location, you'll pay big bucks for a simple meal.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all of your feedback, I apologize you did not have an enjoyable stay, and we hope that you will give us another try during your next trip to Austin. This is not the experience we strive to provide for every guest whom stays with us, and would love the opportunity to show that to you!

Best Regards,
Natalee-Assistant General Manager
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

This is a run of the mill Courtyard. Lobby is updated but the rooms are a bit dated. Ask for a room on the non-freeway side. I stayed in room 312 on the freeway side and the windows in the rooms are very thin and the noise from the freeway is very loud.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
CourtyardNWatx, Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review for us here on Trip Advisor. Our team is always anxious to hear what our guests have to say regarding their stay. I also wanted to apologize for the noise that you experienced during your stay. I hope that when you find yourself in Austin we get another chance to give you a better experience then you had this past time.

Lynn
Seattle
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

Maybe this place is great, when the locks work. Arrived at midnight pretty exhausted only to be told that the door locking mechanisms weren't working for the available rooms and I had to go to another property. They said the night would be complimentary, but I charged full price at the second property. I was too tired to argue, although I might write Marriott a note. Things happen, but my experience was certainly very unpleasant.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
CourtyardNWatx, Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
I can only imagine the frustration that you felt when arriving at the hotel only to find out your stay was relocated. I want to personally apologize for the inconvenience that this caused you as I can assure you that this is not a regular occurrence. Unfortunately, I can't turn back the clock and change your experience. I do hope that when you find yourself in the Austin area you give us another chance.
Lynn Hon