“Seasoned traveler with kids/grand kids”

Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum
Ranked #83 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Yorktown, Virginia
“Seasoned traveler with kids/grand kids”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I do not write reviews except on the exceptional occasion, I feel businesses should always do their best, but sometimes you are fortunate to encounter a staff such as the folks at this hotel. We were in town for a triathlon. Son, daughter in law and 2 grand babies under age of 2 and me, Granmomma. Yes, wow. We had reserved one room with king bed and sleeper bed with the breakfast package. We were quite needy - extra towels, trash overflowing, extra blankets and even the food, they had a set menu but they did not nit-pick about what we ordered nor did they charge us extra. Every service was handled with a smile and careful attention. The hotel itself was clean, good floor plan for ease of use, updated and comfortable. Location was close to upscale shopping and variety of restaurants. Truly a wonderful 2 nite stay!

Room Tip: We were on First floor down hall from pool, exercise room, Starbucks ...no problem with noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dee Kay S
Aaron K, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
Thank you for your wonderful compliment and your decision to stay with us in the Austin-area. We hope that our staff has the privilege of welcoming you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott Austin hotel during my recent business trip to Austin. What a marvellous, clean and well-appointed hotel. The staff not only gave me a warm welcome but they also made my stay a memorable one. This is value-for-money gem in Austin and grand by any standards. If only the hotel group could ensure that the excellent service delivered here is consistently replicated and delivered throughout the rest of the establishments.

Room Tip: For a better room view, ask for a south-facing one.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review for our hotel after choosing us for your Austin trip. We strive to deliver excellent service and I am glad to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations in this regard. We hope that whenever you find yourself in the Austin-area again, that you choose us for your lodging needs. Thank you again!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Lots of nearby restaurants that are great as well as a Whole Foods just across the street and a Target at the second light. The staff was excellent. I was checked in by a young woman whose name I can't remember but I believe it started with an A (long dark hair, glasses, very attractive, of a very exotic nationality).. She was very personable and never without a smile. I had a terrible flight experience coming from Seattle to Dallas and to top it off, found myself in the worst traffic from Dallas to Austin. When learning about this this young lady went out of her way to make me a coffee and gave me a coupon for a free beer at a local microbrewery. She asked about my dinner plans and gave me great recommendations. When I would come down to the lobby she would greet me with a smile each time and ask me if there was anything I needed during my stay. I stay at many hotels but this has definitely been the best staff experience to date. I regrettably did not catch the catch the front desk girl's name but she certainly deserves a raise.

The bistro had good options for snacks and drinks. The bartender was also great and gave me a couple beers on the house while we watched the game. Good guy, his name was Trent.

The room was fair. Besides the running toilet and the noise from the floor above me it was a very comfortable stay. My only recommendation would be to get a top floor room for anyone staying at this location.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank CristianoPA
Cristiano,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments about your recent stay with us. This information will be passed on to our staff to help celebrate the exceeding of your expectations. In the meantime, I will forward the noise information on to our capital planning team for upcoming projects at the hotel. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed at the Courtyard Arboretum one night for a friend's wedding. We were taken care of promptly by friendly staff and our rooms were clean and quiet. There was a high school orchestra staying in the hotel that same weekend, but we were able to sleep soundly. There is a bistro where you can order breakfast and other snacks a la carte and there are plenty of other places to eat within a short distance. We're happy we stayed here for our weekend in Austin!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Aaron K, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you for your feedback and choosing our hotel while in the Austin-area. We would love to welcome you again to refresh your stay at our property!
LaPlace, Louisiana
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Enjoyed our stay at the Courtyard on Easter weekend. The front desk had Easter eggs in a little basket on it with some candy goodies and an assortment of Easter decorations in the lobby. The staff was very friendly and always willing to help in any way they could. Recommended places to eat within walking distance which was good for us because we were traveling on a motorbike and wanted a few adult beverages without getting on the bike. Room was nice and clean, only thing they were remodeling where the ice machines were and you had to go down to the food area to get ice. However they were more than accommodating on how much ice you needed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Aaron K, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our hotel with Tripadvisor. We are glad that we were able to give you a little break from traveling while enjoying the Easter weekend. Our hotel staff prides itself on the service that it delivers to our guests and I know that they will be glad to read this review. Whenever you are in the Austin-area again, we would love to welcome you once more for a refreshing stay.
Brazoria, Texas
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Seriously I can't imagine anyone complaining about this hotel. It's in a wonderful location and the price we got at booking.com was wonderful for our 3 night stay. The staff was superb. Indoor pool was nice. They met all or needs with nothing but a genuine attitude. Everywhere we went was such an easy quick drive. I'm definitely sticking with this chain

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your very kind words and choosing us for your Austin travel needs. We look forward to welcoming you with open arms again soon!
Katy, Texas
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Well I just got off the phone with the front desk of the hotel. I was calling because I secured reservations (through PriceLine) for 2 rooms last night for the upcoming weekend.I was calling to request 1 room with a King and the other with 2 beds and that they be on the same floor. Our family uses Price Line all the time and in the past we have never had a problem making similar requests. However today I was told this could not be done through the front desk and that I would have to call "the 3rd Party" to make such requests. WHAT! I explained that I was looking on my receipt and it specifically says the requests need to be made with the specific hotel. I was told that with "Courtyard" the only way such a request could be honored is for the discounted price to be changed to regular pricing. WHAT! I then explained that we have NEVER had any problems doing this before with other hotels. I was then told again that "at Courtyard" this is how it's done. Finally I then asked that at least the rooms be on the same floor and was told that this request couldn't be honored either because we wouldn't actually be assigned rooms until we arrived on Friday evening. WHAT! Needless to say this hasn't turned out too well for us so far :-(! Still looking forward to our families trip to Austin this weekend but as the title said - regarding our hotel stay at "Courtyard" - hmmm...just not sure yet!

Room Tip: Apparently don't use Priceline.com :-(!
Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cdee1965
Natalee U, Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to fill out a survey on Trip Advisor. I am truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations. It is our goal to ensure that each guest experience is of the highest quality. I apologize for any inconvenience leading up to your stay however I do hope that we were able to change your mind during your actual stay!