“Nice enough”

Ranked #83 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Oklahoma City, OK
“Nice enough”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

When i made this reservation i reserved the "Romance Package" which included a chilled bottle of champagne upon arrival and voucher for 2 free breakfasts the next morning. When we arrived, A week before we left for our trip, i contacted the hotel to confirm reservation and also confirmed the "Package" details..which they did. Upon check in, they had no idea what the Romance Package was and said nothing was noted on our reservation, but they would take care of it. They called later saying they could send a bottle of champagne up, but it wouldn't be chilled..and in the morning, just tell the help at the Bistro that you get free breakfast and they would shows us what we could have from the menu. The attendant was VERY nice and helpful, it was just disappointing...We took our warm champagne up to the room, but it didn't get cold for hours. Breakfast was "okay", but free, so no real complaints. The room was a bit smaller than expected, but had everything it was supposed to. Not a bad hotel, just not a perfect experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Aaron K, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for your recent feedback and your decision to stay with us at the Courtyard Austin Northwest. First, let me apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations with the Romance Package. As an avid traveler myself, I completely understand the frustration in not receiving what you have booked, especially for a special occasion. We normally pride ourselves on our service, but in this regard we will use this issue as a learning tool for our staff. Within the last month, we ceased bookings of our Romance Package and some of the newer staff members had not yet learned how to effectively execute it so as to provide a refreshing stay to valuable guests like you. This is a training issue on our part and completely unacceptable. I hope that in the future, we will have the opportunity to "wow" you with the service that you have come to expect from Courtyard and show that this is a rare deviation from what we offer. Thank you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This hotel is basic, but it was clean and quiet and served my purposes. I stated 2 nights for the Austin 1/2 marathon and the hotel is right near the start. Maybe 1/2 mile walk - so it's very convenient for the race. Nearby is a Buca di Beppo Italian restaurant if you like to 'carb load' before the race (sadly, though, this is probably the best Italian restaurant in the area, according to hotel staff and my cousin who works in Austin).

Hotel is near lots of shopping centers so it's easy to find what you might need, however, it's a little bit of a drive from downtown Austin so if you want to be in the center of things, this is not the best place to stay.

Staff was friendly.

Did not eat in the cafe.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Aaron K, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your race needs! We hope that we have the opportunity to host you again in the future and that you get a chance to try out our Bistro. Thank you again!
Atlanta
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel itself was typical Marriott Courtyard - nice if a little worn around the edges. I will say that the food in the cafe is not good at all. The rooms are comfortable and well appointed and the bed is comfortable. The lobby is comfortable and modern for a quick meeting or cup of coffee. The location is very convenient to the freeway. Where this Courtyard shines is its friendly and helpful service. I will stay again if when I visit the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Austin Northwest and for taking time out of your schedule to review us on tripadvisor. We understand that you have many choices within Austin and we are glad that you chose us. First, let me apologize for the less than desirable experience that you had with the food in the cafe. I can assure you that what you experienced is certainly not the norm and we have since brought in some new and exciting dishes. In the meantime, I will forward your kind words on to our staff to celebrate their great dedication to service. Thank you again!
Yorktown, Virginia
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I do not write reviews except on the exceptional occasion, I feel businesses should always do their best, but sometimes you are fortunate to encounter a staff such as the folks at this hotel. We were in town for a triathlon. Son, daughter in law and 2 grand babies under age of 2 and me, Granmomma. Yes, wow. We had reserved one room with king bed and sleeper bed with the breakfast package. We were quite needy - extra towels, trash overflowing, extra blankets and even the food, they had a set menu but they did not nit-pick about what we ordered nor did they charge us extra. Every service was handled with a smile and careful attention. The hotel itself was clean, good floor plan for ease of use, updated and comfortable. Location was close to upscale shopping and variety of restaurants. Truly a wonderful 2 nite stay!

Room Tip: We were on First floor down hall from pool, exercise room, Starbucks ...no problem with noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dee Kay S
Thank you for your wonderful compliment and your decision to stay with us in the Austin-area. We hope that our staff has the privilege of welcoming you again soon!
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott Austin hotel during my recent business trip to Austin. What a marvellous, clean and well-appointed hotel. The staff not only gave me a warm welcome but they also made my stay a memorable one. This is value-for-money gem in Austin and grand by any standards. If only the hotel group could ensure that the excellent service delivered here is consistently replicated and delivered throughout the rest of the establishments.

Room Tip: For a better room view, ask for a south-facing one.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review for our hotel after choosing us for your Austin trip. We strive to deliver excellent service and I am glad to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations in this regard. We hope that whenever you find yourself in the Austin-area again, that you choose us for your lodging needs. Thank you again!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Lots of nearby restaurants that are great as well as a Whole Foods just across the street and a Target at the second light. The staff was excellent. I was checked in by a young woman whose name I can't remember but I believe it started with an A (long dark hair, glasses, very attractive, of a very exotic nationality).. She was very personable and never without a smile. I had a terrible flight experience coming from Seattle to Dallas and to top it off, found myself in the worst traffic from Dallas to Austin. When learning about this this young lady went out of her way to make me a coffee and gave me a coupon for a free beer at a local microbrewery. She asked about my dinner plans and gave me great recommendations. When I would come down to the lobby she would greet me with a smile each time and ask me if there was anything I needed during my stay. I stay at many hotels but this has definitely been the best staff experience to date. I regrettably did not catch the catch the front desk girl's name but she certainly deserves a raise.

The bistro had good options for snacks and drinks. The bartender was also great and gave me a couple beers on the house while we watched the game. Good guy, his name was Trent.

The room was fair. Besides the running toilet and the noise from the floor above me it was a very comfortable stay. My only recommendation would be to get a top floor room for anyone staying at this location.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank CristianoPA
Cristiano,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments about your recent stay with us. This information will be passed on to our staff to help celebrate the exceeding of your expectations. In the meantime, I will forward the noise information on to our capital planning team for upcoming projects at the hotel. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed at the Courtyard Arboretum one night for a friend's wedding. We were taken care of promptly by friendly staff and our rooms were clean and quiet. There was a high school orchestra staying in the hotel that same weekend, but we were able to sleep soundly. There is a bistro where you can order breakfast and other snacks a la carte and there are plenty of other places to eat within a short distance. We're happy we stayed here for our weekend in Austin!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Aaron K, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you for your feedback and choosing our hotel while in the Austin-area. We would love to welcome you again to refresh your stay at our property!