Please read my profile for my biases.
We were in Austin for a business meeting, as since I didn't want to show up late due to any traffic issues, we were happy to find this hotel near the office.
I was expecting some issues with check-in since my business partner made the room reservations but was arriving on a later flight, but Meghan and Adrianne made sure that everything went smoothly (plus I got credit for the stay in my Rewards account).
The hotel itself was what I've come to expect from Marriott. This Courtyard is a little older so it features what I've come to think of as the "mustard and ketchup" color scheme of red and yellow, but the rooms were clean and comfortable. There was plenty of hot water and the Internet speed was fine.
There were only two issues. I noticed a couple of ants (i.e. exactly two) in the shower area of the bathroom both mornings I was there. They were easy to dispatch and I would rather deal with them than have the staff spray anything, so I didn't mention it to management.
The other issue was that for one of the nights I was there, the pool was closed with a somewhat scary sign from the local department of health. I wasn't planning on using the pool, but since it was across from the elevator you couldn't miss it.
When I checked out, I was helped by Courtney (she doesn't usually work this particular location, however). I mentioned the ants since I didn't think all guests would be as understanding as I was, and she apologized profusely even while I stressed it was no big deal. She insisted on giving me some extra Rewards points, so I then joked, well, what about the pool?
While it was only a joke (the pool had been serviced and they had to wait a day for the chemicals to circulate - hence the sign) she rewarded me a few more points. She was the first person I gave one of my "Tripadvisor" pins to for excellent service.
So while the hotel itself is a solid four, the staff are definitely fives.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NEWLY-RENOVATED! Just 15 minutes from downtown Austin, the renovated Courtyard Austin Northwest hotel is located in the heart of the Arboretum area at the corner of Mopac and Highway 183. Our brand-new hotel rooms with modern décor, flat-screen TVs, microwaves/mini-fridges and free WiFi are enjoyed by business travelers and families alike. Our high-tech lobby offers greater flexibility with media pod work spaces, free WiFi, media library and access to news and weather via our touch-screen GoBoard(R). The Bistro features Starbucks coffee and provides guests with healthy food & beverage options in the morning and evening dinner service with cocktails. Stay active with our indoor pool and gym or relax on our outdoor patio. A short drive to The Domain, guests of our Austin Arboretum hotel can visit top retailers and high-tech companies such as IBM, Dell and Oracle. With rates typically lower than downtown options and our convenient location to top Austin sites, Courtyard Austin Northwest hotel is the ideal choice for your next trip to Austin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Austin Northwest/Arboretum Hotel Austin
- Austin Courtyard
- Austin Marriott
- Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum Texas