“Nice hotel”

Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum
Ranked #94 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 31 October 2010

Courtyard by Marriott Austin is a very nice hotel. Family friendly. The staff are very nice and friendly. Even though it is not far away from highway, but the room is very quiet. Will stay agin next time!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
CourtyardNWatx, Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us on TripAdvisor! We hope to see you soon-
Crystal
GM

Reviewed 4 October 2010

I recently stayed here while in town to celebrate my birthday. The location of the hotel is perfect...close to food, shopping, and easy access to the the highway. Amazing staff...they really went out of their way to ensure we were comfortable. Room was clean and spacious, parking was free! Overall great hotel!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for celebrating our wonderful staff! We can't wait to welcome you back-
Crystal Porter
GM

Reviewed 28 September 2010

Great hotel...Perfect location in the Arboretum area near all key local attractions including the beautiful Domain. Staff was exceptional, room was new and well-appointed, and breakfast was a perfect jump start to the day. I would highly recommend the hotel and the team at the Courtyard by Marrriott, Austin Arboretum for leisure travel or if on business.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2010

This hotel is perfect. Location, price, accommodations, parking, nearby shopping and restaurants. We (2 couples) needed a vacation prior to returning to college courses and stayed at this Courtyard. Being right off 183 was a breeze to get to downtown and Barton Springs.
Hotel staff was very nice. Hotel looks newly renovated and has great decor throughout the lobby and guest rooms. Pool and hot tub open 24 hours is a plus. They provide pre-printed directions and listings which cover all your needs. I highly recommend this hotel and will be going back as soon as possible!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2010

I appreciated the friendly, accomodating attitude from all of the staff....front desk, restaurant and house keeping. I requested a quiet room on the 4th floor and my request was honored. I also had a late flight on departure day so they extended my check out time. I sat in the front desk area waiting for the rest of my family one day and observed that the staff was supportive of every guest who made a request. So nice to see the consistency of service. My room was clean. The bed was very comfortable with a nice
pillow top mattress and best of all, the bedding was double sheeted so I did not have to
have any considerations about how recently the "bedspread" had been laundered.
I had a nice conversation with one of the staff about how well the company takes care
of their employees. It definitely translates to good customer service.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank lindaespo
Reviewed 19 July 2010

I recently traveled to austin to attend a friend's birthday party and stayed at your hotel. Your staff could not have been more helpful. They were professional, knowledgeable of your area and friendly. You should consider cloning Laura!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 July 2010

There were a few things that I loved about this hotel that I thought brought a unique flair. Upon entering the hotel they had a large beverage dispenser of iced water with lemon slices. It was nice and refreshing.
I loved that the pool and hot tub were opened 24 hours. The first night we were the only ones in the pool and the second night there were a few people in there. The part I loved was that there weren’t little kids running around doing cannon balls into the pool. Very relaxing!
There were a few issues that I did notice. The front doors were not automatic doors. I wouldn't think twice about this, but it was cumbersome trying to roll the luggage cart in and have the door remain open. Luckily there was a housekeeper leaving when I was entering who helped me by opening the door for me.
The ice machine on the third floor did not work the entire time we stayed there. We notified the front desk and they said they would take care of it, but it was never fixed. We had to go to second floor.
There wasn't a mini fridge in the hotel room. I wasn't the one who booked the hotel, but after reviewing the hotel's website about the room it doesn't state that it had one. I thought it was a little bit strange, but we had an ice chest to keep drinks cold.
The second day after housekeeping cleaned the room we noticed we didn’t have an ice bag for the bucket. We asked the front desk and she stated she had a roll of them. She handed use a small trash bag. I don’t know is she realized they were trash bags or not.
Our room had a balcony with a nice little sitting area that looked out onto trees and the former IRS building that is still being repaired from the airplane crash. During the evenings there were a few restaurants that had live bands that were extremely loud while sitting outside. However, once the patio door was closed we couldn’t hear it.
We booked this hotel on a deal from travel website which stated we would receive two $20 Visa gift cards at check out. When we went to the counter they asked if we needed a copy of the receipt and we had to explain to them about the cards. They looked up the reservations and gave us one $20 gift card. It wasn’t until we stated we were supposed to receive two that they gave the second one.
I enjoyed our stay at the hotel with no real big complaints. I would stay at this hotel again. The location of it was in a great location. Shopping, restaurants and just driving around this area was beautiful.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple