“Hotel was sufficiant”

Ranked #150 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Houston, Texas
“Hotel was sufficiant”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The breakfast was typical and what I expected, they did have texas shape waffle makers! The room was very big I got the king/queen room and there was enough space in the middle for a queen blow up mattress. The hotel was pretty full and the noise level was not even noticable, I would stay here again. A side note though : The halls did not smell very well on the 3rd floor and the beds were not horrible but not as good as Pascagoulas comfort inn. Do not stay here if you are looking for luxery or romance lol.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Cindy M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Grapevine, Texas
Reviewed 25 March 2013

The hotel sits right off of I35, and I was pleasantly surprised how quiet the hotel is. The staff was friendly and actually were aware of their incoming reservations well enough that they identified me by name before I had even started the check in process. Traveling as a single dad with two teenagers must really stand out. In the morning a different clerk even asked if my son was alright, he slept in a little later than my daughter and I. The pool was indoors and not quite warm but the hot tub hit the spot. Breakfast had a nice variety, The hotel was a ten minute drive from the State Capitol. I will definitely be staying there again. This trip was a little business and a little family.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank RalphR2
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I was there for SXSW. The rooms and facilities were generally clean and as expected for a Comfort Inn. However, because of SXSW, it was impossible to get a cab. After waiting one hour for a cab, and being on the verge of missing my flight back home, the manager went through herculean efforts to make sure I got to the airport. It was very important to him that his guests get what they need, and I highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for somewhere to stay in the Austin area.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 20 November 2012

stayed here for the weekend for the Formula One Grand Prix. Chose this hotel because it was the only one that was open for booking almost a year ahead and because it was the only one under $400 a night. Normally I wouldn't pay over $300 for a Comfort Inn but considering the entire city was sold out, I understand they are just following supply and demand. The hotel itself was pretty clean and had everything I needed. I was in room 119 and it looked like it had pretty new furniture and was very clean. It was nice having a working microwave and refrigerator and the TV had an excellent channel lineup though not in HD. the location is pretty central and close to major highways so it's easy to get anywhere relatively quickly though there wasn't much around the hotel other than other budget hotels and inns. I had requested and gotten an accessible room though the area to wheel around the beds was pretty tight and not the most comfortable. The bathroom was very spacious however. In the end, I don't require too much and the hotel served well for a “relative” low-price. The free breakfast was also nice for a quick grab and go to the track.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Euless, Texas
Reviewed 7 November 2012

A nice quiet hotel. Internet, TV, pool, hot tub, clean rooms, coffe pot, fridge, microwave and hot breakfast. Good value, nothing extravagant but clean and comfortable. What else is there really when you're away from home and needing a decent place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Richardson, Texas
Reviewed 3 August 2012

After staying at a terrible Comfort Inn in Sidney, NE we decided to give the chain another try in Austin. This Comfort Inn was great! It is updated and clean. The indoor pool offered a refreshing break from the heat. The hotel is located right on 35, so it was an easy drive to the UT Campus. We will stay there again when we visit our son at UT. The breakfast was very good too---waffles, eggs, sausage, cereals, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, coffee. Our room was a little warm, so we had to turn the AC all the way down, but it cooled off after that. If highway noise bothers you, I recommend you ask for a room at the side of the hotel away from the highway. The surrounding neighborhood is not very nice, but we felt safe and comfortable within the fenced in parking lot. Overall, a very good hotel at a very good price.

Room Tip: If you are bothered by highway noise, ask for a room on the side of the hotel away from I35.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Diane W
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 28 May 2012

My wife and I go to Austin on business at least 1-2 times a year. Lately we've been staying at this Comfort Inn and it has been pretty good for us. This past weekend, we were again in Austin and stayed at this hotel. Wow, were we surprised how far the quality has slipped! From the very bad smell in the 2nd floor hallway, greasy and tasteless breakfast food, to our refrigerator being so frost bound you could not use the small freezer section. I actually had to chip ice out of the unit to shut the door of the refrigerator. All this happened to the second room we were given, since the first one had no working air conditioner compressor. They had a large group in the hotel and my phone kept ringing with teens looking for friends You call or visit with the the front desk only to be greeted by someone who simply nods yes even if they do not understand. Overall, this is a poor value for a hotel, when the rooms are $90-100/night. I will avoid this property in the future.

Room Tip: Make sure everything works when you get in. Open the refrigerator and make sure there is not excess...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Austin hotels