“Good Stay”

Ranked #146 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Dallas, Texas
“Good Stay”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed here for one night on a last minute family trip to Austin. I typically stay at Choice Hotels properties having once worked for Choice Corporate several years ago and I know the typical quality of the brand. It was our first time I this particular hotel. The location is OK, not the best but for a few days stay it works.

The hotel and the rooms, we had two, were clean and fairly updated. Beds were comfortable. Not sure what the deal is with the smaller pillows hotels seem to be using now on their beds. They have 3-4 smaller pillows rather than the standard, queen or king size pillows most people are use to. I'm not a fan of these smaller ones. Even though the hotel is right off the Fwy it was quiet and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was OK, though I did not like the microwave type eggs or that they pre-peeled the hard boiled eggs. (Note to hotel - leave the shells on the hard boiled eggs).

Their parking lot was not the best and unlike many hotels there is no place to drive up and temporarily park while you run in and check-in. So a minor inconvenience. Nice indoor pool - though it was closed for maintenance during our stay. All things considered, and mainly that the rooms were clean and maintained and the staff was friendly and accommodating, I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Mark L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

stayed 6 nights during Redfest. My 3rd floor room was in good shape and clean. The staff were great. Did not use the indoor pool. This is an older hotel so decor and carpets are dated and may not appeal to some folks. Flip flops while in any hotel room has always been a must.

Downside was in-room wifi was inconsistent and for the most part....terrible. I recommend the front foyer with head phones for skype. especially during peak breakfast time.

Location is ok as it is about 15 min to Round Rock to the N, and downtown Austin to the S.
while COTA is about 25 min SEish. (these times are without traffic issues)

It is just off 35 so traffic noise was rather loud. My air con set at 60 and fan set high made it tolerable. The bed was comfortable and I did sleep well.

Included breakfast was typical for this hotel name/ grade and was overall ok. Oranges, bananas, Yogurt, hard boiled egg, pastry, frosted flakes, coffee, orange juice was my preference. It did the job.

A few well known national and local restaurants are within 2 minute walk without crossing busy streets.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
San Diego
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

This was our 4th hotel this week. I have two must haves for a hotel. It must be clean and reasonably priced. This hotel was both. Bed was comfortable and breakfast was above average. No complaints and Would stay again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Mussoorie, India
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I made my reservation on Hotels.com after looking at more hotels than I wanted too in Austin. Guess I should have expected Austin, capital of Texas to be expensive, but wow! As a value shopper that was short on time I (as in sitting in the passenger seat driving down the highway looking at options) did what I thought seemed like value and location.

Then I read some reviews, (mostly on here, the other sites weren't so brutal) that made me wonder if I made the wrong choice. I don't think I did.

Its was a solid hotel, a little more expensive for what it was but everything was expensive, so I think in this market I made a good choice. (I recommend people to be wary of those reviewers that have one post only when its overly critical or overly praiseworthy)

The room was a little on the small side, but it was clean. The beds were comfy. The blinds closed well and it was very dark even in the morning, which I really appreciate. Can't ask for easier access to I-35. There were a few hotels right there and an Applebees that carved out a niche for themselves in a neighborhood that has seen better days, but I never felt worried about my surroundings.

The front desk was fine, no problems there. Spoke to them briefly when I checked in, and a moment to hand back my keys, but had no reason for anything else.

The breakfast was a good spread. All that one expects and more. They said it was a continental breakfast but there was hot eggs and sausage as well as waffles as well as the full spread of cold options.

I would stay here again unless I wanted to splurge, after all, its Austin and it ain't cheap.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank ThaiCookingRocks
Keller, Texas
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I had a reservation for two rooms for two nights. I told the front desk I was checking into one room and a family member was checking into the other later on that day. We checked in and everything seemed okay.... I told the front desk I would be paying cash for the first night then come back the next morning and pay for that night. So I payed cash. We went up stairs and open the fridge and there is a TON of food in the fridge. It was all in to go boxes so I just threw it out. My family checks in and I told called to ask how the room was, she says they also found food in her room. I called the front and I let them know. The manager was very polite and comped one night then I payed for the other. So everything was a zero balance. About 30 min later I notice there was an amount of one night pending from Comfort Inn. I called the hotel and I was told the system automatically did it and it would be released by check out. That was fine by me but I had a problem with them not letting me know at check in, it didn't add up to me that they said the system did it automatically but it was authorized after they had compd the room for the previous issue. I spoke to the front desk and didn't get anywhere with her so I wanted to speak to the manager.She told me he was not at his desk but to try again later, this went on for about 4 hours. Finally the when her shift was about to be over she said he had left for the day and that I could speak to the person coming in after her she said he wasnt a manager but would be the next in charge. I called the front desk once again and spoke to Dennis. This individual was extremely rude right from the get go. When I told him I was aggravated because we had issues from the moment we checked in he said "well then why did you stay over if you were unhappy" I said because we had already fixed the issue. He explained to me that the system automatically authorises and so on. I said I understand that but I dont understand why I was not told this from the start. He said okay so go ahead and check out. I said what do you mean, He said if you are unhappy with our service you can leave now. I said why would I leave if I already paid for the night. He went on to argue for about 10 minutes at this point I was very upset and said I will just talk to your manager tomorrow and he told me " good you should and make sure you tell him to fire me I would love to get out of this crappy place". I was very appalled he had the nerve to say that but I no longer wanted to speak to him so I hung up. A minute later I called again to ask for the corporate number. He said Ill give you the reservation number and I said no I dont need to make reservations and he said well they can transfer you and I said listen Im not doing your job for you so give me the corporate number. He said I dont feel like looking for it and if you dont stop calling I will call the police and tell them you are causing me trouble. At that point I did not want to get kicked out so I hung up. I cannot believe I was disrespected that way it is unbelievable to me. I have never been treated that way my entire life!! I will never go back because of this person and it is unfortunate because I travel to Austin so often.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Jocelyn N

Travellers are raving about these Austin hotels

Houston, Texas, Usa
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stayed a week, nothing really special. They raised the rate by $25.00 the night of a local football game. All is well until check out, they continued the increased rate for 4 more days. When I asked about this the man at the counter said "oh, that's ok" well it wasn't ok. I asked him to change the bill and he said he could not but that he would mail me the corrected invoice. Needless to say I refused to sign so after about 10 minutes he changed the invoice. Needless to say never again at this hotel. This is my worse ever review and seeing how I am a disaster insurance adjuster I stay in hotels 8-10 months a year.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Stan H
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I stayed overnight for a business trip and found the comfort inn had the best price in the area using Hotels.com. I am writing this review because I had excellent customer service!!! The hotel representives name was Richard and was VERY friendly and professional. He assisted me with my bags and also helped me find a place to eat in the area. I work in the service industry and customer service is very important! A+ for Richard and thank you for your hospitality.

Room Tip: Ask for Richard, he provides excellent customer service! A+