Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel
US$252
Austin Motel(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$212
austinmotel.com
Holiday Inn Austin Airport(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$162
Crowne Plaza Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$125
Lone Star Court(Austin)
US$194
US$820
US$666
1,191 results
All reviewsblue moonbest westernsattached restaurantclose to downtownsoco areasouth congressfree breakfasthot tubconvenient locationpool areagreat place to staywould stay here againyogurtnice poolhot breakfastclean roomseasy access
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed here because we were attending an event at the convention center, which was only about 10 minutes from the hotel. It was a pleasant surprise! The staff was wonderful and the bar and grill attached were amazing as well. Will definitely recommend and stay here again! Thanks!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Debbie S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Thank you so much! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 July 2013

First i have to say the staff is the friendliest i have met they really go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need. Next door is the Blue Moon Grill which has reasonable prices and really good food. The rooms were very clean and for me the beds were not very comfortable but my husband and children didnt mind them. The pool is nice but way smaller than the picture makes it seem.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Overall the hotel looks very nice but the room was a lot smaller then expected, especially for the price. We could hear people walking on the floor above, and everything that was going on outside. The front desk staff were nice but the rest of the staff was not. There was barely any water pressure every time we showered. It was really hard to relax in the room.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Debbie S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

As a staff we are truly sorry that this guest's experience was unsatisfactory. We do have a few rooms that open onto the parking lot but most of them have interior entrances. I have corresponded with this guest and she was pleased that the hotel was responsive to her issues. She did say that not everything was negative and I am hopeful she will give us a second chance.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

I had a groupon for my stay and really didn't have great expectations for this hotel. I was blown away from check in. Super nice gentleman checked me in. The pool area was nice and well stocked. The room was nice. The location is a big plus. We were right off of south congress street which was super fun. A hop skip and jump away from downtown. There also is a little bar that is open late that is connected to the property. This will be my go to choice when i visit Austin in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank candegurrl25
Debbie S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2013

Thank you so much for your kind comments, I am so glad our hotel met your needs! We are very conveniently located in Austin and generally minutes away from a wide variety of popular locations and events. Please do make us your home away from home when you are in Austin!

Reviewed 5 July 2013

I'm pretty picky when it comes to hotels so when it came time to find a hotel for my friend and me to visit Austin, I did my usual search for clean, reasonably priced, and good location. We wanted to stay near the downtown or SoCo area but most of the hotels around there were out of our price range. There was an Extended Stay near Congress that was really affordable and good walking location but being the clean freak I am, the reviews and pics I saw of it just didn't give me the warm fuzzies. So this Best Western Plus was the final choice. I had heard of the recent renovation but was still a little wary, but I'm here to report that it passes my test on most accounts.
The outside is nothing to speak of, but inside you're immediately greeted by a clearly remodeled but still quaint, boutique-y hotel look and décor with a small convenient "business center" up front. Check-in was pretty smooth, we called to see if we could check-in early but weren't given any guarantee the room would be ready. No problem, we came after 3p and the room was ready. The guy that checked us in was friendly and tried to be helpful with any questions we had.
We got our keys and parked near where our room was. The carded entry was nice and made us feel safer since you always had to have a room key to get in and through to the elevator. Our room ended up being by the elevator but turned out ok since the elevator is outside and separated by a door that leads to all the rooms. I was worried the loud entry door would wake us up at night but that was also a non-issue. We were pleasantly surprised upon opening our room door. The carpet was obviously very new and already that made me feel better. Beds were pretty comfortable and sheets and bedspreads were in good condition. Bathroom wasn't as nice as the main area but still not bad. The sink and toilet were clean but the tub had a couple of rust stains on the wall and bottom I didn't care for but honestly that was the worst of it. Water pressure was great and got hot almost immediately. Room service was great as well. Our window overlooked the hot tub and had a corner view of the central pool area, nothing special but not bad either. Also, free Wi-Fi was a plus and worked to satisfaction.
My only final minor gripe would just be the A/C. We had two queen beds and I got the one near the A/C. My annoyance was that whenever the A/C was running, I would just be blasted with the air which got pretty uncomfortable especially at night. I even tried putting up a "pillow wall" to help shield myself from it but to no real avail. I've never had this happen with a hotel A/C before, not sure why the vent couldn't have directed the air upwards instead of out. Also, the temp could never get fully comfortable, overnight we'd end up sweating a bit even with the temp pretty low.. just weird.
Oh and location... it's not the easiest or most convenient to get to, mostly because we'd always be coming off the interstate where we'd have to take the exit, go further down, then U-turn under the overpass and go for a couple more minutes before we finally made it into the hotel parking lot. Other than that, the hotel location was good for us because we pretty much went all around the city so hopping on the interstate was convenient. There are gas stations, Wal-Marts, and other normal conveniences nearby, and downtown was less than a 10 minute drive away. Interstate noise was not a problem for us either, I never really heard anything at all. Also, complimentary continental breakfast was decent but nothing to write home about. Basic fruit, packaged muffins, juice, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, bagels, cereal, as well as premade breakfast burritos, and a Texas waffle maker. Not the tastiest but we were thankful for it the mornings we partook in it.
Overall all, this hotel met our needs and was a good price, most definitely a better deal for the same price than the first hotel we originally looked at. Would stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ninjess
Debbie S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Thank you for your thorough review; we thrive on guest feedback and are always trying to improve anything that falls short. We know there are many choices for accommodations in the Austin area, so thank you for giving us a try. I hope you return to stay many times!