“Good Exerience” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Bryan, United States
“Good Exerience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

The restaurant/bar attached to the hotel was great. We had great food and didn't have to get back out into the traffic for our evening meal. Prices in the restaurant were very reasonable. The frig in our room did not work and was unplugged. Since we were only there over night we did not report it until we left early the next morning.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Debbie S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your visit. Thank you for letting us know about the mini-fridge problem. We were able to repair it before the visit of the next guest. We look forward to your next visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Beaverton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

I stayed for three nights on a business trip to Austin. The room was good sized and comfortable, with a modern, attractive decor -- gray with red overtones. Everything was clean and the fridge and microwave were appreciated. Breakfast included bacon, eggs, breakfast sandwiches, cereal, and (truly) waffles in the shape of the great state of Texas. The exercise room was plenty adequate and the staff were friendly and professional. I was pleasantly surprised. Also, there's a school next to a park just .8 walkable miles away. Nice place to stroll. I was happy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the hiway.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Debbie S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you so much for the great review! We appreciate the wonderful hotel description and look forward to your next visit.
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

My husband and I stayed here to visit family and celebrate his 30th birthday. The hotel was great, room was great, the bar and grill was awesome with live music, but this hotel lacked the most important thing for any business, there was no customer service at all! We were not greeted at check in. We were handed a map to find our room, no one directed us on which way to park. The majority of the staff was cold and not pleasant at all (with the exception of one young lady with braids she was pleasant. Forgive me I don't remember her name). We left a set of keys in the hotel room. We were told to either drive back to get them (we live in Houston) or send a pre-paid package to the hotel to send the keys back to us. I understand that the hotel didn't want to have to pay to have this shipped back to us but what happened to going the extra mile for the customer? I would have been fine with having a small fee billed to my card to have the hotel ship it back to us. Many hotels have shipped items to me with no problem. My husband and I spent nearly 50 dollars at UPS to get packages to the hotel to send back to us. It was just a huge inconvenience.

The hotel was great but because of such poor service I will not return. It's upsetting because I really like the place. I hope that this reaches someone important so improvements can be made.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
We contacted this guest directly and resolved it so that she is happy with us again.
Houston, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

My husband and I stayed a night to visit family in Austin and celebrate his 30th birthday.The hotel is beautiful and very comfortable unfortunately the customer service is EXTREMLY POOR! We were not greeted at check in. We were not shown where our room was. We were just handed a map. We ended up leaving a set of keys in the room. We were told that we would have to drive back to Austin to pick them up or send a prepaid package for you all to return the keys. What happened to going the extra mile for customers? Why couldn't the hotel just ship them back to us (like many hotels do and have done for me in the past)? Even if we had to pay a extra fee to have it shipped that would have been acceptable to me. The hotel does have our credit card on file, why not ship the keys to us, charge a small fee and move on? Instead my husband and I end up spending nearly 50 dollars to get a prepaid package sent to the hotel. Customer service is EVERYTHING. This is why I will never return to Best Western. Its upsetting because the hotel is so nice but the customer service was just so bad we will never return. I hope this reaches someone so changes can be made. I would like to return if there is improvement.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

This is a duplicate of the above review.
Del Rio, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

Beautiful hotel, very easy to get to off I35. Beautiful hotel and excellent staff. Room was re-modeled, beautifully done right out of a high end 5 star hotel. The breakfast was well laid out and had a great warm variety to choose from, fresh orange juice and coffee.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the great review. We are so glad you enjoyed the visit and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Houston, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Great Location, close to downtown Austin, not far from South Congress. There is a great bar , The Blue Moon, attached to hotel, we heard some very good Blues music there. The hotel has updated, pretty rooms, The room was very clean and nice but on the small side. Very nice lobby area and breakfast area in attached lounge. Large TV in the room and also had a microwave and fridge.The only negative was the bed, very uncomfortable, had trouble sleeping. If the bed was more comfortable I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Debbie S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Thank you for saying such wonderful things about our hotel. We appreciate them. I am sorry you did not get the great rest you had hoped for during your visit. On your next stay, please call the front desk to let us know if you aren't comfortable and we are most likely going to be able to move you to a different room.
Austin, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

We had a nice experience here - very good location, great amenities and very nice staff. The restaurant/night club was really great - music and food! We would highly recommend this place to anyone coming to visit Austin...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Debbie S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review! We look forward to being your 'home-away-from-home' on your next visit to Austin!