“Perfect place to stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Cleveland, Ohio
“Perfect place to stay”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This hotel has thought of everything. The rooms are great and the service is definitely a plus. The breakfasts are hot cooked with eggs, bacon, and waffles! The rooms are clean and towels in the bathroom are fluffy and not made of sandpaper! Location is great for seeing all of Austin .

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper level. I have found that it always seems to be better as far as noise i...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Debbie S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We truly appreciate it and look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
San Diego
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This was a clean hotel with comfortable beds, good water pressure, nice towels and free breakfast. Five minute drive to the South Congress area which has fun restaurants and food trucks. Also near to the Barton Creek area where we rented water bikes and peddled down the beautiful river. The down side is that the hotel sits on the freeway and is in an unattractive area. Although pleasant, the people working in this hotel had more tattoos than I am comfortable with. I would probably pay more next time and stay in a better neighborhood. But, it served our purpose and we really enjoyed that Barton Creek was so close.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that, for the most part, you enjoyed your stay.
Austin is a different kind of place. The neighborhood we are in (78704), is actually quite in demand and expensive to purchase in. Austinites tend to try and keep the 'neighborhood feel' by not replacing older homes with McMansions but to renovate and elevate the original style of the home. If you are not familiar with this-it might come off as a strange neighborhood.
I am very sorry that you were offended by the visible tattoos on a staff member here. We have one team member who has a hand tattoo that he is in the process of getting removed. He will be counseled on covering these marks better. He is the only employee that has visible tattoos, so this issue will be completely resolved in a matter of weeks.
Thank you again for letting us know your compliments and issues with your stay. We hope to see you again soon!
Huntington Beach, United States
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My first time ever in Texas to visit family and explore Austin. I decided to stay at the Best Western PLUS not really knowing what to expect. I checked in 5/6/14 and checked out 5/9/14 I loved the lobby and the boutique look of the hotel, wasn't your typical Best Western. Because of my flight schedule I was early but the woman at the front desk accommodated me and got me into my room right away! The room was spacious and had a twist that I really enjoyed. The location was very convenient! A short drive to S. Congress street and Downtown Austin. I enjoyed the pool, fitness center and complimentary breakfast. Fast Wi-fi and extremely friendly staff. My room keys kept deactivating, not sure if it was my fault or the hotels, but either way the front desk was always more than happy to replace them for me. (pretty sure I went through at least 10 keys) For the cheap rate I got online, I didn't except much but Best Western PLUS exceeded my expectations and more and I'd definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Debbie S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We truly appreciate hearing from our guests. We share each one with our management team and everyone here takes pride in the many great reviews we get. Make sure you stay with us on your next visit!
Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

The location is great, but had problem with check-in. Arrived at 3:45 p.m. and after traveling since 2 a.m. just wanted to take a nap. Although check-in is 3 p.m., my room and another guests were not ready. I didn't want to leave and come back as I was exhausted so I said I would wait in lobby. I was given extra points for my Best Western card without asking which was nice. I saw them approach the other guests that their room was ready so I waited for someone to come to me as well. After 40 minutes I went up to the desk and was told my room was ready and had been for quite some time. I wish someone would have told me as well.

I didn't get to use the pool area as it was raining during my stay. I got the king suite which I would highly recommend for the extra space. The breakfast area was nice as was the fitness room.

If I returned I would choose the location again as it was close to many things as well as the airport. I just wish my check-in would have been smoother after a long travel day.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank binkieb
Debbie S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I wholeheartedly apologize for the delay in check in and the additional oversight in alerting you that your room was ready. I have been the exhausted traveler before and this type of mishap is very frustrating. We will discuss this at our manager's meeting and do some retraining at our desk so that no one else runs into this issue. With the drought in Texas we were glad to see the rare sight of rain, but I am saddened that you weren't able to enjoy the pool area as it is truly wonderful. Hopefully on your next visit, it will be clear skies and sunshine!
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I recently stayed here and Rudy the manager was very helpful; he made sure I was taken care of. the hotel rooms were great, new, modern and clean. The beds were very comfortable, nice screen TV and roomy. My double bed room was right on the second floor facing the pool and it was great having a bar, pool, Laundromat, gym and computer center and lounging area all under one roof. No need to go anywhere if it was raining or cold. It is very close to downtown, airport and major highways. I plan on staying again but it's hard to get a reservation as it is always booked. Try to book early.

Room Tip: facing the pool area
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank TexasSAgirl2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments you made about our hotel. We take pride in offering guests everything they want and need when coming to Austin. We look forward to your next visit and hope to see you soon!
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Wonderful outdoor pool - close to everything - ! Easy to find - Cozy beds ! We had a 'suite' which was a very nice touch since there were 3 of us. The extra room with a sofa made everything feel very spacious. My only feedback for future stays - get rid of the powder creamers and the pink packets of sweet and low - There are far superior products available. There is a great coffee machine in the lobby where you can make your own latte/cappucino! Thank you Best Western Plus - would definitely recommend to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for the great review. We are quite proud of our pool area for its beauty and fun. We will take your suggestions on creams and sugars under advisement-but keep in mind some of our guests who have been coming here for years demand the Sweet & Low. We look forward to your next visit-check the coffee machine when you come in!
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Justin at the front desk was amazing. He volunteered to help me move my luggage to a new room. He was extremely accommodating. This hotel is in a great location and has a nice breakfast and even a bar with live music. It's kept clean and the staff is very friendly.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank 655jacqueb
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It was especially gratifying to hear that Justin helped make your visit wonderful. He was thrilled to hear your comments. Please make sure you visit us again soon!