“Recent trip to Austin”

Ranked #24 of 203 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Recent trip to Austin”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Great hotel to stay at....convenient...comfortable rooms....good breakfast...pool area was nice....staff is friendly...comfy bed and large desk area..decor was modern...refrigerator was convenient....lobby area is nicely decorated....definitely would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Debbie S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the wonderful words and sentiment. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Very nice hotel, but if you stay on any floor besides the top floor, hope that you have still people above you. The people above me must have played music chairs. I heard every creak caused by every footstep. Woke us up at 5 am. Other than that, everything else was good. Stay on the top floor if you can.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We appreciate the feedback. Like most older buildings we do experience occasional creaks from our floors. I wholeheartedly apologize that this made it impossible to sleep. We want our guests to enjoy our comfy beds and great atmosphere. Request the top floor on your next visit and I am sure your will have the best rest of your life!
Wichita Falls, Texas
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The hotel was excellent for the cost and provided nice amenities. We had great internet connection, the pool area was very nice, and the complimentary breakfast provided both hot and cold items. The eating area provided a great deal of eating space and TV could be viewed from all areas. Also there is easy access to downtown, university and south Austin areas. Make sure and take the Oltorf exit if you are traveling south on I35 and quickly look for the hotel entrance on the right about a block forward. If you miss it I found it difficult to get to the hotel the first time since I wasn't as familiar with this area of Austin. Once you know the area better it is easy to access. Our room was clean and well kept as it has been remodeled in the last 1.5 years. Also the hotel would be great for families, vacation, or business as I have used the hotel for both. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Debbie S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We truly appreciate your kind words and will let the team know how much you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Not a bad place with the perfect location a little expensive for what you get. Its like a 60 -70 "s trowback
With a great location. .
Right off I -35 and close to downtown. It has a pool, some sort of hot breakfast. The hourly staff put forth an amazing effort while the manager was shopping.

• Stayed June 2014
Debbie S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
I am so sorry that you were sent to rooms that were not clean. I don't know how this happened but will make sure it doesn't happen again. I am confused about the 'shopping' comment as that is not how I manage the property. Please call me at 512-444-0561 so that I can get a little more detail from you and also extend my apologies personally.
Austin, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Great staff that works at this hotel everyone very friendly and helpful. They have a restaurant that has awesome food. Great burgers and wings yummy desert. Beds and pillows very comfortable and clean rooms. very happy with my stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Debbie S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for the great review! We appreciate any and all feedback-but it is always fun to hear it when the guest enjoyed the visit! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Lewisville, Texas
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Let me being by saying I do several reviews and this is the first time I had to give a negative review. I booked this hotel from a third party and wasn't really happy with the experience. I won't go into specific details, but when I reported a problem with the room, I was quite insulted by the way it was handled. I was treated like I was lying and that was a major problem! I don't have to make things up. I could have chosen any hotel, but I chose this one based on the reviews. This was indeed an isolated event; however in the future when a guest has an issue try using a different approach.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
I am so sorry that you did not enjoy staying with us on your last visit. I would like to hear more details about your experience to make sure that it does not happen again. Please call me at 512-444-0561 so that we can discuss it. Thank you!
Friendswood Texas, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Very nice motel with a lot of extras! Great breakfast and nice room. Quiet and relaxing! Restaurant / Bar attached, nice pool, large TV, free wifi, and much more. Very secure and welcoming. Rooms are spacious and very clean also.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon!