“Excellent for my needs”

Candlewood Suites - Austin South
Ranked #125 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 25 February 2012

This is the best place for all my needs in Austin. Staying South of I-35, close to the airport, away from the city's traffic and free parking. That is just perfect! The suite was clean, modern and I had a great stay. Excellent staff and very nice people staying there. It fits the bill, not a luxury hotel, not in the middle of the city, but a very very very short drive away. I will most definitely stay there again on my next visits to Austin. What shocked me more is that I was told that the next time around they would have renovated the suites! I thought they were in perfect conditions to start with. Truly impressed.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 30 January 2012

The hotel was a little tricky to find at first. It is located south of downtown in a more industrial area. The staff was good. I arrived late and my room was ready and perfectly located across the FD.
The bedding was ok but the tv a d batbroom were a little outdated. I did get a letter that talked about a renovation coming up.

Overall, I would recomend this hotel but just for a 1 night stay if you want something outside the city just to sleep.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Spent the weekend in Austin attending a workshop and enjoying the city, and found the Candlewood Suites an excellent choice of where to stay. Located off I-35 in the south part of town, it was easy to get from the Candlewood to the places I wanted to go - south Congress Avenue, downtown, the airport, and my workshop at the Writing Barn. The hotel was clean, the staff very helpful, and the price quite reasonable (less than a hundred dollars a night) The room/suite provided all I needed and more - TV and DVD player, full kitchen, desk and free Internet service, bathtub and shower, big comfortable bed - even a 24-hour fitness center and snack vending room just down the hall from my suite. I will definitely make this my lodging place the next time I visit Austin.

Room Tip: rooms/suites on the first floor are very convenient to get to all the hotel offers.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 January 2012

I am from Michigan and me and a friend traveled to Austin for a week long vacation just to check it out, our stay at this hotel was amazing. The room was very clean, and for the price it was very large. It also comes with a kitchenette, full size fridge and a microwave. You cant beat it for the price.
The location provides easy access to soco and the downtown bar district. It also has a few close restaurants (ihop, Texas land and cattle, twin peaks, taco cabana etc.) If your thinking of cabbing it to 6th st it will cost around $12 one way.
The staff was very friendly and answered any question we threw at them.
If i ever visit Austin again this is the only hotel i will stay at.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Nothing wrong here. Brand new, very clean, comfortable and quiet. The bed was very comfortable, there is a full kitchen in the room, and exercise equipment which is in good working order. This is definitely meant for business people staying for a while-there is only light housekeeping, except on a weekly basis, and if you want clean towels, you bring your dirty ones downstairs and get new ones. Not a problem for us, just information for others. My only complaint is that for this price at other hotels of this sort, there is breakfast. We are members of the priority club and one perk is a free beverage(just one, not one each) from the pantry area, which was nice. We would stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on third floor for quietest room
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Didn't spend any time in this room except for sleeping. The towels are very rough. A little, itty, bitty coffee pot. Decent iron. Good blow dryer.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Just had a large cockroach sprint across the kitchen floor, may have came in throu the vents. Apparently it is not an immediate issue because the front desk who we called repeatedly said they are busy at the moment.. Currently packing up and calling to find a clean, cockroach free hotel

• Stayed: September 2011