Candlewood Suites - Austin Arboretum-Northwest
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewswhole foodspurchase foodextended stayclean roomsfull size refrigeratorbusiness tripafter midnightlocation is greatfresh fruitfront desk staffeasy accesskitchenettecupboardtvlinenshingesarboretum
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 May 2012

great place, going through a renovation, but candlewoods are typically good places to stay

Room Tip: this hotel isnt sandwiched between bars or restaurants, its generally a quiet place to stay.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank warren s
Jessica S, Manager at Candlewood Suites - Austin Arboretum-Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Dear Warren,
Thank you so very much for taking the time to write about us and even more for bearing with us during our renovation. We hope it wasn't too uncomfortable and that our new suites and style are warmly welcomed by loyal guests like you. We look forward to your return to Austin!

Candlewood Suites Mgmt

Reviewed 10 May 2012

My family and I stayed in the hotel the weekend of April 13-15 2012. The hotel 1st floor was under construction but we stayed on the 2nd floor which was great.You couldn't hear any construction going on. The location was awesome! Lots of things within walking distance - movies, grocery store, resturants, etc... which we loved! The room was nice - we liked having a kitchen, separate bedroom and 2 TV's.

The best part was that we left a bag of laundry full of our stuff, including my priceless running gear. I didn't notice it for a few weeks but once I did I called the hotel and the manager Jessica was awesome - she located the bag in their lost and found and shipped it to me!!! I am so happy and so thrilled. I will forever be a loyal fan to stay there whenever we are in Austin!!!

Thank you Candlewood!!!! :-)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Rebekah C

Dear Rebekah,
Thank you so much for your feedback and compliments! What an honor it is for our staff to hear that our guests loved their stay so much they plan to return! I am so proud of all of our employees and am especially happy we were able to get your belongings back to you. We look forward to seeing you at our hotel again!

Very best wishes to you and your family.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

My husband & I just spent 5 weeks here, and would definitely go back. We had tried to find an apt or condo to rent, but couldn't find one in this area, and now we're glad we didn't! Having the exercise room & laundry down the hall was a real plus. They are now in the process of updating the whole place - it needs it- so will be nicer next year. The TV's were old, but new flat-screens are coming. It's quiet - and having a separate bedroom was a must for us ( different sleeping habits) We cooked in a fair amt - good pots & pans provided. There are grills & tables for cooking/eating outdoors also.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank niner1Somerset_Wi
Jessica S, Manager at Candlewood Suites - Austin Arboretum-Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Dear Niner,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We are so pleased we were able to meet your needs and be a comfortable home away from home in Austin. It sounds like our location was perfect for you. We're very excited about our renovation and can't wait for you to see our new suites - we know you will be delighted!
We're looking forward to seeing you soon and want to thank you for being our guest with so many other lodging choices out there.

Candlewood Suites Mgmt

Reviewed 17 December 2011

My wife and I spent anywhere from 2-3 weeks at this hotel each winter from late Jan to Feb 2007 - 2011. We had a positive experience each time, apparently there was a change of management some time in 2010 but it did not impact our experience while there. We got to know the place well enough that this past year we asked for a room by number - backside away from the parking lot on 1st floor for ease of unloading/loading the car (we drove 3 of 4 years from MN to TX so brought a fair amount of stuff ... I worked part of the time while my wife did things around the area or visited friends when I was out). Also the laundry and small exercise room are all free, so the wife got in the habit of washing a load of clothes while doing a workout in the neighboring room most mornings while I was at work. The front desk staff was always friendly and helpful - it used to be -not- staffed overnight but new owners appeared to have changed that this past year. They have a ton of DVDs to check out and the room we had Feb 2011 did have 2 40" flat screen TVs (but NOT hooked up to HDTV, a problem in many hotels still stuck on old satellite receivers). This is an excellent location right across from a multi-screen movie theatre , a Whole Foods market, and a lot of other shops and restaurants w/i walking distance. The NXNW brew pub and restaurant is only a block away too. However we frequently cooked in the room and the kitchen facilities are very good w/full size fridge and dishwasher (noisy but it worked). I am a platinum card member so we always got upgraded to the 1 BR suite for free, a nice touch if you stay at this chain more than a few days just to have a little more room and especially nice for two people if one wakes up at 5am and wants to start some coffee. The hotel is generally pretty quiet at night, they seem to cater to construction workers and some military (Nat'l Guard?) with a few snow birds and others in the mix.

Unfortunately work travel has changed so we won't be back this year but if we ever do travel back to the area we'll plan to try the place out again.

Room Tip: First floor if you have a lot of luggage or plan to use the free laundry down the hall. On that or any floor get one facing away from the parking lot (I think it's North side, not the side facing Mopac Hwy 1 which is over a block away). You won't have any view but it's quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank SE_MN_warmth_seekers
Jessica S, Manager at Candlewood Suites - Austin Arboretum-Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Thank you so much for your candid and thorough review. Our staff works hard to provide around-the-clock care for our guests and values your feedback! We are so delighted to here you consider us home for a couple weeks each year and are excited to have you as a returning guest. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the meantime!

Very best and happy traveling,
Jessica Swarts
jessica.swarts@ihg.com

Reviewed 25 November 2011

new management at this suites and it shows. really clean and comfortable - good tv and wifi reception. nothing too much trouble for staff and anything we ran out of was happily supplied (coffee/shampoo etc) maids only come in once per week but you can exchange linen or towels at reception if you need to. the free washers and dryers are a great idea. as we left the gym equipment was all being replaced. supershuttle to the airport was $34 for two. you can walk across the road to a wholefoods grocery market/cinema and other stores.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple