“Love!”

Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: East Austin
Description: Las Cazuelas offers variety of speciales during the week starting from our $1.00 Tacos to our $5.95 Dinner plates. Famouse for our green salsa,tacos al pastor,SUPER TACO !
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Great Potosino style food. A hometown favorite. Comfort food. Yummy.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I spent a few weeks in Mexico City several years ago and have had trouble finding really authentic Mexican food in the States. That being said, Las Cazuelas was some of the most authentic and flavorful I've had in a long time. The tacos I had were fresh and the salsa verde they brought out with the chips was incredibly spicy (which in my case is a good thing). The atmosphere leaves quite a bit to be desired, unless you want to feel like you're actually in Mexico while you eat. I'd go back, though.

1  Thank Jason B
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Nice little neighborhood restaurant - nothing fancy, but good food

Reviewed 7 August 2011

It must not be easy to distinguish one's Mexican restaurant in a town that has over 500 of them, but Las Cazuelas manages to do it with great food and an ambience that - from the great conjunto jukebox to the colorful, slightly chaotic decor - is more Mex than Tex. I hate to think how many years I drove past this place without giving it a chance, but better late than never. My family has now sampled the menu widely over the past several months, with no disappointments. I'm hooked on the fish tacos and excellent salsas. Portions are large, prices are low, ingredients are fresh, and service has always been friendly.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 20 August 2008

hands down best Mexican restaurant in Austin.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Las Cazuelas? Share your experiences!