“Lake Austin Spa Resort is a special place!”

Ranked #42 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Lake Austin Spa Resort is a special place!”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Lake Austin Spa is a fabulous place. Everything was just perfect. The facility is gorgeous! The personnel were friendly, knowledgable, and eager to please. The food was delicious and the wait staff was friendly and professional. The exercise classes were lots of fun. The spa treatments I received were incredible. I can't wait to go back!

4 Thank MEDCO7
LakeAustinSpaResort, Manager at Lake Austin Spa Resort, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear MEDCO7,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. I have shared your review with our staff and they are all heartened by your generous compliments. We can’t wait for you to come back too!

Lake Austin Spa Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 20 November 2013

The resort is always fabulous, the food delicious, and the grounds inspiring.
This is a consistently good escape with a group or alone! I love the pool barn, and enjoy the opportunity for a solo swim in a beautiful location. The spa - well - what can I say. It is always lovely!

3 Thank AnnMarie O
Dear AnnMarie,

We’re happy to hear that this return visit has been as enjoyable as all the others! Thank you for sharing your Lake Austin Spa Resort experience with the TripAdvisor community. And yes, the Pool Barn is especially popular during these cooler temperatures. I’m so happy you were able to enjoy a private swim in this special space. Come back and see us very soon!

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Overall great... The rooms were lovely and clean, the food was delicious though appetizer portions were small. The staff went above and beyond to make our stay wonderful. Specifically and probably one of
the top three highlights of the trip was a day when Renato, our fantastic waiter, offered to bring our lunch out on this lovely dock right on Lake Austin. It was spectacular and so memorable! I had the best gluten-free pizza of my life and my sister had the best tortilla soup of her life!
The educational programs were wonderful
and informative. All of the presenters were knowledgeable and up to date and had excellent communication styles.
We specifically enjoyed Terry's food presentations and Brenda's information on relationships.
The spa was lovely as well although it is a bit of a hike If you are walking from
the main lake house up to the spa. My massage with Josh was excellent... though he ended exactly at 50 minutes so be sure you're on time. Try to arrive early to
enjoy all the other amenities of the new spa...including a fabulous indoor lap pool in a barn! My favorite exercise class I took was the hoop dance. It was a blast!
The only suggestion I have is to be clearer on the difficulty of the hike that is the 3.2 mile rocky terrained morning hike. Views were nice and so were the guides, but lots of people were slipping and falling. When we returned and Michelle at the front desk heard that I had stepped into the stream she ran to get my sneaker dried and gave me a dry pair of socks to wear. I really appreciated the pampering! Another highlight for us was the experience going out
on a Hydro bike, as well as a boat ride. Thomas Rudder was hilarious and just a lot of fun to be around. He was also very knowledgeable about the area.
FYI...I highly recommend flying from Dallas to Austin. The drive was pretty difficult and when I return I will definitely fly.
I can't wait to return to LAS!

• Stayed November 2013
4 Thank BettsieG
Dear Bettsie,

Many thanks for the review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with fellow travelers.

I was delighted to read your kind comments about the staff and activities here at the Resort and glad that you enjoyed the many aspects of your stay. We have made a note to let guests know the advanced nature of the hike, thank you for the suggestion.

I hope your next stay is as enjoyable as this one was.

Yours sincerely,

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 11 November 2013

What a fabulous experience! This resort and spa is truly first rate, beginning with the staff, the food, the activities and the peaceful, serene environment. It was an amazing experience. Although this resort offers many health and wellness activities, one could just rest and relax also. My girlfriend and I loved the fact that the menu included a calorie count and the food was delicious. It is such a calm, peaceful place and feels like your own private lake and resort! A return visit is definitely warranted!

1 Thank Claudia R
Dear Claudia R.,

Many thanks for the lovely review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with fellow travelers.

We are delighted that you were able to rest and relax and enjoyed the aspects of your stay. I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Thank you again for your encouraging words.

Collierville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 6 November 2013

No matter your reason to choose Lake Austin as your getaway, you will not be disappointed. From the moment you check in, you are made to feel welcome and special. You can feel the stress of the real world start to melt away. Staff members greet you with a smile, your room is bright and cozy, and whether you have a garden or lake view, you will be delighted. I have experienced both, and loved the uniqueness of each.

No matter your fitness level, the resort offers something for you. Or you can choose not to exercise at all, but sit by the lake or partake in the many discovery programs offered each day.

As for the Spa...I wish I were sitting in the Blue Room awaiting a treatment right now. The variety and quality of service is beyond outstanding. I had trouble choosing which services I wanted to try, and of course, there were services I made sure to repeat from a previous visit.

Last but not least, the cuisine in both the Aster Café and Main dining area is superb. Just the right portions, and so many different selections. I tried so many things I had not experienced before! And if you get the chance to try the "Green Tomato Soup," do not miss it. I have the recipe and cannot wait to try making it myself.

Lake Austin Spa Resort is unique and special, and I would encourage anyone to schedule a visit. You will want to return...again and again.

Room Tip: It depends on whether you want a view of the garden or the lake. Also, some garden rooms have a sin...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank ElizabethWeimer
LakeAustinSpaResort, General Manager at Lake Austin Spa Resort, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the lovely review. I have shared this with the team and they are all heartened by your lovely words. We are delighted that you were able to see how special your visit is to us and able to relax during your stay.

We hope to host you again very soon.

Corinth, Texas
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I love this spa...this was my 2nd time their.,...it was better than I remember....the ambiance & amenities are excellent!...but it is more than that...it is the little details....I ordered wine & cheese to take to my room...they offered to deliver it to my bungalow...when I got there...they had turned down my bed..put a little card on my pillow with a Zen saying on it...closed the blinds, turned on a dimmer light, & found a radio station with soft jazz/classical music....I proceeded to filled the huge soaking tub with bubble bath & lit some candles...it was aaaaaahsome!...it's like staying at your rich Aunt & Uncles lake house.....comfy like home!

Room Tip: both times I have stayed at the end in a little single bungalow by the gate....both times it has bee...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank gwelton
Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you were able to relax and renew and enjoyed the aspects of your stay. I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Thank you again for your encouraging words.

Pebble Beach, California
Reviewed 22 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

The spa itself is lovely, and the treatments are top of the line. It would be a wonderful spot to go for anyone who lives in the area. The grounds are lovely. There is no place more peaceful than on the dock!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
LakeAustinSpaResort, Manager at Lake Austin Spa Resort, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for us. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit and hope to host you again very soon.

Robin Jones
Spa Director
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Hotel Granduca Austin
West Campus
Hotel Ella
Hotel Ella
#37 of 201 in Austin

Been to Lake Austin Spa Resort? Share your experiences!