“Fantastic hotel for families”

Omni Austin at South Park
Ranked #36 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Atlanta, GA
“Fantastic hotel for families”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

This was the most family- friendly hotel we've stayed in. My husband and I were constantly amazed by the different ways the staff made our stay great; especially Randy (though everyone was helpful). There were kid activities on the weekend. They were constantly offering our kids free juice boxes so they wouldn't get dehydrated in that crazy heat. By no means was the hotel overrun by little people, but the facilities were accommodating for grown up crowds and children. So I think we would have enjoyed it even without kids. We got tons of use out of the pool, gym, jacuzzi and gazebos, all of which were very nice, especially compared to other hotels. And to top it all off we had an inexpensive nightly rate for our family reunion. The only thing that could have made it better would have been picking it up and plopping it down somewhere more walkable. But thankfully it was a short ride to the places we wanted to go. I highly recommend it.

Stayed July 2014
April Z, Manager at Omni Austin at South Park, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words. We are very happy to hear you had such a great stay and hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I know, strange title! I drove with my daughter to Austin when she moved there to attend school and made a reservation in advance at the Omni Hotel. After 900 miles in the car, we were exhausted and ready to relax but it turns out I had made the reservation for the wrong day!! (we were there on a Saturday night but I'd made the reservation for Sunday night, DOH!) I'd never made that mistake before but I did this time and it was awful because the Omni was sold out for the night. To make it worse, I had prepaid for the room via Travelocity. John, the front desk agent, was sympathetic and went about finding us another hotel to stay. He called them in advance to be sure we would have a room, then gave me excellent directions. John also told me to call Travelocity after I checked into the other hotel and explain the situation. Apparently, Travelocity would then call the Omni to confirm my story and see if the Omni would agree to refund my money. John assured me he personally take the Travelocity call and assured me there would be no problem with my refund. And he did exactly that! We checked into the other hotel (which was lovely but will remain nameless in this review) and they knew right away that John had called for us. And Travelocity confirmed that John had authorized the refund to my credit card for the Omni room.

This is service at its finest, to go the extra mile for someone who's not even a hotel guest. My daughter will be in Austin for quite a while and I plan to visit her many times and will only stay at the Omni Austin at South Park going forward (and I'll get my reservations right, too!).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words. We pride ourselves on our "above and beyond" service and very much look forward to hosting you when you come to visit.
Texas
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,717 helpful votes
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Over the years I have stayed at this property on a number of occasions. On my most recent visit my wife and I were in Austin on business, and the Omni Southpark was conveniently located. The rooms are fairly large and well maintained. The hotel has a very good restaurant and a friendly lobby bar. I have never been disappointed when staying at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CJTravelerTexas
Georgia
Reviewed 29 July 2014

One of my best hotel experiences ever...started with the free airport shuttle and super friendly driver, who gave us several tips for things to do in the Austin area. Also, she gave our kids juice boxes and activity bags which were a life saver after a long trip. The first night, they even brought us milk and cookies for the kids. Rooms were large and clean. The pool was also fantastic (only complaint is that it was closed our last day for cleaning without any notice).

1 Thank Vivalarevolucion09
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Good price as part of a convention package. Not many restaurants near by. Excellent staff. Pool is pretty cool. Kid friendly. Bathroom could have been cleaner but rest of room was fine. Very accommodating staff.

Pelham, Alabama
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I chose this hotel because of its proximity to my place of work. It is definitely not within walking distance to the local attractions, but since I was there on business, that was not an issue. The guest rooms were satisfactory, in-room dining was good. The pool area is very nice, as is the fitness center. Only two complaints: Select Guest complimentary daily water was never available without asking for it, and the housekeeping could be a bit better (vacuuming prior to my check-in, and bathroom cleaning during my stay). This is a nice hotel. Front desk staff was friendly, and there is a very good restaurant on-site.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and your kind words. I would very much like the opportunity to speak with you regarding your stay. Please contact me at azuniga@omnihotels.com
Detroit, United States
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Had a wonderful time. Clean rooms, great service, good food and wonderful pool and hot tub. Close driving to S. Congress Street restaurants and on site restaurant was good too. Also close to airport with a free shuttle service. Would definitely stay again.

1 Thank Lori J