“Quality”

Ranked #35 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Fort Worth, United States
“Quality”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

When a hotel is used for business purposes, it should not have policy of having guest provide personal credit card for incidentals when guest has clearly stated none will be used. Also free courtesty Wi-Fi should be available to all guests in their rooms. It was an inconvenience to have to sit in the lobby area and also the connection was poor.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Lisa T
April Z, Manager at Omni Austin at South Park, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very sorry we fell short of your expectations in any way. We did want to ensure you were aware we do provide complimentary Wi-Fi to our Select Guest members and it is a complimentary program to join with many other great benefits.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is going to be a fairly cool review. The building is pretty nice and the rooms are nice too, especially for the price. If the location works for you, then I understand. I guess that means you're here to visit one of the plethora of industrial buildings next door. The hotel is nestled between a freeway and a business park. The noise from the freeway is loud and constant. It's well muted in the comfortable rooms so sleeping is ok. My room on the 3rd floor was at least 2 or 3 floors BELOW the top level of the freeway. It's a marvel of engineering, if you like that sort of thing. The pool deck is nice, but there's the constant noise. The place is dead at night and there's NOTHING nearby for food. Their "24 hour room service" is "two sandwiches and two salads". We didn't feel lucky enough to try them. The night crew seemed a little put out, with the exception of the driver. The day staff was 100% friendly. We will avoid this hotel in the future, although it may work well for some.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mark W
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so sorry for the issues you experienced and hope to be able to discuss them with you. My contact info is azuniga@omnihotels.com
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Booked stay through another site. Place was priced pretty good for such a hotel so I booked it. I had booked a one bedroom room, but instead got a studio once I got there. Complained to management and they said they were not responsible for 2nd party reservations, said I should have booked through omni site. To make up for it, management gave me breakfast vouchers for 3. Each voucher was worth 15 bucks. Left hotel in an ok mood.Would stay here again if I reserved via omni website.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Charlie P
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I do hope we will have an opportunity to host you in the future.
Midland, Texas
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We first stayed at Omni Southpark when our son attended St. Edward's University. This hotel became our preferred hotel in south Austin. Staff are attentive and friendly, always greeting us as we enter. Online check in is an added convenience. Omni offers great rates for Austin hotels. Rooms are spacious, clean, and comfortable. Recent renovations enhanced our stays. Our grandson enjoys the pool. Parking is free and plentiful.

Room Tip: Upper floor away from elevators and vending.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

This was the most family- friendly hotel we've stayed in. My husband and I were constantly amazed by the different ways the staff made our stay great; especially Randy (though everyone was helpful). There were kid activities on the weekend. They were constantly offering our kids free juice boxes so they wouldn't get dehydrated in that crazy heat. By no means was the hotel overrun by little people, but the facilities were accommodating for grown up crowds and children. So I think we would have enjoyed it even without kids. We got tons of use out of the pool, gym, jacuzzi and gazebos, all of which were very nice, especially compared to other hotels. And to top it all off we had an inexpensive nightly rate for our family reunion. The only thing that could have made it better would have been picking it up and plopping it down somewhere more walkable. But thankfully it was a short ride to the places we wanted to go. I highly recommend it.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words. We are very happy to hear you had such a great stay and hope to see you again soon!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I know, strange title! I drove with my daughter to Austin when she moved there to attend school and made a reservation in advance at the Omni Hotel. After 900 miles in the car, we were exhausted and ready to relax but it turns out I had made the reservation for the wrong day!! (we were there on a Saturday night but I'd made the reservation for Sunday night, DOH!) I'd never made that mistake before but I did this time and it was awful because the Omni was sold out for the night. To make it worse, I had prepaid for the room via Travelocity. John, the front desk agent, was sympathetic and went about finding us another hotel to stay. He called them in advance to be sure we would have a room, then gave me excellent directions. John also told me to call Travelocity after I checked into the other hotel and explain the situation. Apparently, Travelocity would then call the Omni to confirm my story and see if the Omni would agree to refund my money. John assured me he personally take the Travelocity call and assured me there would be no problem with my refund. And he did exactly that! We checked into the other hotel (which was lovely but will remain nameless in this review) and they knew right away that John had called for us. And Travelocity confirmed that John had authorized the refund to my credit card for the Omni room.

This is service at its finest, to go the extra mile for someone who's not even a hotel guest. My daughter will be in Austin for quite a while and I plan to visit her many times and will only stay at the Omni Austin at South Park going forward (and I'll get my reservations right, too!).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words. We pride ourselves on our "above and beyond" service and very much look forward to hosting you when you come to visit.
Bryan, Texas
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,718 helpful votes
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Over the years I have stayed at this property on a number of occasions. On my most recent visit my wife and I were in Austin on business, and the Omni Southpark was conveniently located. The rooms are fairly large and well maintained. The hotel has a very good restaurant and a friendly lobby bar. I have never been disappointed when staying at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple