“LOVE the service here, just some minor issues with the room”

Omni Austin at South Park
Ranked #34 of 205 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We have stayed here multiple times on business, and this is one of the friendliest hotels with the most responsive and incredible staffs. Everyone from the front desk staff to the bellman to the risk management liaison was professional, courteous, and went above and beyond to assist. We always enjoy our time at the Omni and look forward to this show every year. The beds are comfortable, and the rooms are always clean and bright.

This year we had some issues with maintenance on the room, which was highly unusual. Most were fairly minor (leaking faucet, non-working outlets), but we did have a recurring issue with a loose security bolt that resulted in our being locked out of our room more than once. While the issue was resolved quickly each time it happened, the repetition was annoying. On the last evening they finally taped the bolt to the wall to secure it, but I hope the issue was fixed before the next guest checked in.

We definitely are looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Rooms on the lower-numbered end (odd numbers) tend to be quieter.
2  Thank R D
Chris C, General Manager at Omni Austin at South Park, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for the great comments and for taking the time to share an issue that you experienced in our hotel. We are not perfect, but we really try to be as much as we can. I am sorry for any issue, and I am glad we got it resolved. Hope to see you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,560)

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The staff at this hotel are friendly and helpful, the rooms are beautifully decorated, and the overall ambiance is peaceful and luxurious. This having been said, I accidentally left a favorite garment in my hotel room and, unlike the only two other times that this has happened (at other properties) - times when I was able to pay to retrieve the item -- when I called to inquire after it, it could not be found. Obviously, it was my fault that the garment was left to begin with, but I know exactly where I left it, and when I called to retrieve it, it could not be found. To say that this is frustrating to me would be an understatement. I comment simply because we like to know that when we leave something, we can count on having the item found and returned to us and it is worth note when this does not happen.

I would have paid dearly to have had it returned.

1  Thank DoctorJWoody
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Very nice hotel; friendly staff and very helpful as well! I enjoy staying at this hotel during conferences for work. A big plus was that they are pet friendly!! The rooms were very nice and spacious not cramped like some other hotels.

1  Thank Natalie F
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We checked out of the hotel on June the 26th as of today, (August 6th) we are still waiting for our reimbursement. We had to leave unexpectedly and hurriedly. I just don't understand why it takes over a month to be reimbursed!?!? At this point my patience is about out. Can we expect our reimbursement at all??

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Isabel O

I am so sorry you had any issue at all. Can you contact me directly so I can assist with any issue you might be having right now? I can be reached at ccoleman@omnihotels.com.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This hotel has the most amazing staff anywhere. They will get you what you need and more. Kind, professional people at every level. Rooms are clean, functional and comfortable. The lobby bar is perfect for dinner or a snack. I can stay anywhere I like, but will always book here.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your kind words. Our staff is the best in the city and we are all very proud of where we work. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Multiple stays. Always friendly, clean, appreciate staff. Larger than average rooms that are quiet, good a/c, & very clean. Free In-Room Coffee Service We love the restaurant Staff even remembers my dog's name from year to year.

1  Thank Judy J
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Beautiful flower arrangements in the lobby. Relaxed but nice lobby bar area. The cheeseburger I ordered for lunch one day was excellent and the hot wings I ordered for dinner were also delicious. Both hot and freshly prepared. Took a long time to get my burger order at lunch but it was very very good. Clean comfortable rooms that are nicely decorated and equipped. Lots of pillows on the bed which I love. Lovely pool area and nicely equipped workout room.

1  Thank Sarah R

Thank you for your kind words, we think our food is top notch. Not sure why the burger took a bit to get to you, but I am very happy you enjoyed the meal. Hope to see you again soon.