Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center
US$263
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$212
austinmotel.com
US$205
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Austin Airport(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$162
Crowne Plaza Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$125
1,338 results
All reviewseasy tigertop floorvalet parkingwithin walking distanceper nightsixth streetnice hotelaustin downtownnight lifebreakfast buffettwo blocksvalet servicebars and restaurantslocation is greatbusiness tripwould definitely stay here againcapitol building
Reviewed 27 February 2012

The room was quieter than expected. The bathroom is very dark. The wall paper is brown which doesn't help. The overall lighting in the room is dim. When I put on my make up I would have to turn on every light in the room & have the window curtains open. We faced another building so again not much light. The bed was horrible! On each side of the bed there was a dial so you could select the firmness. No matter where I set it, my side was hard & uncomfortable.

Everyone who worked at the hotel was friendly & would always say hello & ask about our day. My husband was attending a conference so the location is perfect to walk to the convention center. 6th St. is very close with lots of bars & restaurants.

My husband has stayed here before & we will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
GeneralManagerDallas, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Dear Mrsomalley,

Thank you for your review and I appreciate your business! We are in the process of changing our lighting in our guest rooms to improve the ambiance/lighting of every room. I have personally inpspected your room to review the bedding issue you have mentioned and we have corrected the dials to control the firmness and softness of the bed. We are very proud of our team and they take service to heart and want to ensure your stays are flawless and to your expectations. I look foward to seeing you and your husband in the future and have a great week!

Reviewed 26 February 2012

We have stayed here multiple times. The rooms are a very good value, particularly when you combine the location ( right offf 35 and 1 block from 6th street), buffet breakfast ( included on some weekend specials), and valet parking ( which is nice because parking in the 6th street area on the weekend is difficult).

• Stayed: February 2012

Dear travlelbetterthanwork,

I truly appreciate your loyalty and giving us the opportunity to provide superior service to you. Our location is great for any traveler coming to Austin, TX to experience The Live Music Capital of the World. If you have any special requests before your next visit, please contact me directly and I will personally take care of this for you.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

We travel to Austin a few times a year and always enjoy staying downtown to be near nightlife and dining. We have stayed at several hotels on 4th and 5th streets, but this was the first time for us to stay at this Hilton Garden Inn. It is about 2 blocks further out, but still easily walkable, given we found a very good price on the hotel and knew that it was still in a good location. The hotel is also very convenient to the convention center.

Knowing that the hotel does not have a self park option, and the fact that their valet is $26 per night we choose to use the convenient city garage for $11 per 24 hours. The city garage is about a block away. The hotel located at the end of 4th street on I-35.The lobby is in great condition and the staff was very welcoming. The first room they assigned us to was facing the freeway, so we asked for another room facing downtown, as we knew that this would be noisy. Since I am a diamond HHonors member, and they were not very full, they upgraded us to a lovely 1 bedroom suite with a separate living room and kitchenette, and large whirlpool.

On the first floor is a small business center with two PC's, a copier, printer, etc. There is also a small outdoor swimming pool with a water fall and a medium sized fitness center. The ground level lobby is small but does have some comfortable seating. There is another lobby and sitting area on the 10th floor. The elevators are secured, requiring keycard access, which is always nice.

The restaurant and bar is located on the top floor and has a wonderful view of downtown Austin. As with most Hilton Garden Inn’s breakfast was very well done and the staff was very friendly. The breakfast was free for us as Diamond HHonors members, and something like $12 for others. This is a fair value for the price.

The first room we had was a typical King room with a nice work desk, ergonomic chair, sleep number bed, (I am not a fan of the sleep number, but thats a different conversation), some have a sleeper sofa. The rooms have nice HDTV’s. All rooms have a microwave and refrigerator and a comfortable climate control system. The AC blower can be left on for white noise. The rooms were spotless, smelled fresh and had nice pillows. (Both foam and feather). The curtains do an nice job of blocking out light.

The area has every type of dining and entertainment option you could ask for all within easy walking distance. We would absolutely recommend this location and would stay here again if we wanted to stay in the area for a personal trip. Room rate seemed appropriate for the area, especially with our corporate discount. Having also stayed at the nearby Hilton, Residence Inn, Courtyard, and Intercontinental hotels in the past, I would feel comfortable choosing any of these hotels based on who has the best price at the time. All of these are very nice options and similar in their offerings and the prices seem to vary wildly from day to day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing AWAY from the freeway.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear pcsanity,

I am excited that you selected our hotel for your stay and appreciate your loyalty as a Diamond Member with our Hilton Family. This year is a great year for us as we are improving our products and services each and every day so you will remain loyal and stay with us each time you visit Austin, TX. Thank you again for your business and I look foward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Stayed here for a convention of sorts with friends. It is really close to the main street area of Austin and the price was decent but I wasn't "wowed" by it in any way. Food in the restaurant was decent but much better places to go out in and around Austin.

Pool area was tiny. This didn't bother us much because we weren't there for that but get one or two family's with children in there and its overcrowded and noisy. The convention room we had been given at first had no air. They moved us to a different one but it took a day or so to do it.

Front desk people were nice, rooms were on the smaller side. I would stay here again but only if I couldn't find somewhere else to try first, just to see if other hotels are better.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Anthony A,

Thank you for your business and I sincerely apologize for the HVAC not working properly during your convention. The HVAC issue was resolved and can assure you that we will do whatever it takes to make it right for you and your colleagues. Before you visit other properties in the market, I would love the opporutnity to "WOW" you with your future reservation and provide extra amenities for your stay. Thank you again and I look foward to hearing from you!

Reviewed 20 February 2012

We were pleased but not wow'ed by our stay. Our room was large and very nice, but not extravagant. We loved our view of the Capitol and downtown from the 17th floor. Ask for a west facing top floor room! We like to walk and the location offered us access to Town Lake, Historic 6th Street, South Congress and the Capitol Bldg all less than 2 miles away. We loved that we didn't need a car. Overnight parking was $27/night so we were extra glad we didn't need a car. Breakfast on the top floor was a nice touch and had a great view of downtown Austin. The front desk seemed understaffed (very long hold when we called to confirm reservation, very slow check-in, called down for silverware and never got it, slow check-out) The front desk staff were all very friendly and apologetic though. Overall a nice stay.

• Stayed: February 2012

Dear Kzw2,

We appreciate your business and honest feedback provided to help us improve our products and servcies for you. Your loyalty means everything to us and I guarentee we will make the necessary changes to improve our front office operation to speed things up for you. If there is ever anything that I can do for you or your family and any special requests before your next visit with us, please let me know at anytime. Thank you again and I look foward to providing excellent service to you in the future.