“Don't Waste Your Money”

Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center
Ranked #47 of 202 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 7 October 2013

The only reason you need to stay downtown if you are in your 20's & want to go bar hopping all night long. This hotel is not worth the $200 per night. Parking is $28 per night. The rooms are small, the bathroom lay out is not good. The pool is NOT a pool at all. They make it look so pretty on-line. It is more like a giant hot tub with two round tables. No place to lay out at all. I will say that the hotel is right next door to a beer garden/ bakery. Excellent food. The valet employees were very nice & helpful with directions.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
GeneralManagerDallas, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Tina V,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent experience with us. I'm sorry to hear that you did not have a positive stay. We always try to do everything we can to offer our guests enhanced amenities and services while keeping costs low. We appreciate your feedback and hope that the next time you're in town you'll give us another chance and stay with us again!

Best regards,

Blake Doran

Write a ReviewReviews (1,283)

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Stayed here 4 nights while attending a business conference. Hotel is clean- staff not overly friendly. Check-in was fast but again, front desk female registration clerk was not friendly and leaned to the snooty side. Rooms are nice, not overly huge but big enough. Bathrooms were cleaned and updated. No refrigerator in rooms except for mini bar. I'm a Hilton Honors member and usually receive complimentary newspaper and bottled water daily but this was not the case here. Food served by the hotel was very good. Beds and furnishings for beds are above quality levels. Location of the hotel is convenient to 6th street and we were able to easily walk to several restaurants as well as check out the people watching on 6th which is always entertaining. Parking is expensive--self park is over $20 a night but it's a covered parking garage and elevator access to the hotel was easy to reach. I think valet parking is close or at $30.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Michele T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear DKLT,

Thanks for taking the time to post your review about you stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown,
It's always refreshing to hear when we have met and exceeded the expectations of our guests, we continue to strive to provide a clean, friendly and safe environment for our guests.
We look forward to being of service to you should your travels bring you back to the Austin area, if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to call me.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

My dinner experience was awful. I was directed to go into the bar area to order dinner. I waited 15minutes and was never acknowledged. I got up and went into the dining area and ordered dinner and waited 45 minutes befor I got up and left. there were 3 other people in the restaurant.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Michele T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Dear Russ V,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on your recent stay experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown, I am disappointed to learn that we did not meet your expectations.
Reviews like yours are the one that help us to improve in areas where we have fallen short, I am sharing this with the other departments so that we can take the necessary corrective measures to ensure that no other guest has a similar experience.
Again thank you for your review.

Always at your service;
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 2 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a conference and I loved that it was close to everything I needed. The room was clean and comfortable, the breakfast buffet was delicious, and when we were looking for pizza delivery at 1:30 am, the staff made it happen.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Michele T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Dear Trish D,

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Just passing through Austin we decided to stay. As it was Pecan Fest weekend which we were unaware of, hotels were down to their last rooms. We got the 10th Floor overlooking 6th St. Wonderful view. Parking is $28, valet only. We are assuming it was added into our bill as we didnt have to pay it on leaving.
Breakfast is $12.95 on 18th floor, NOT included in the room stay unless your a Hilton Honours member.

Room Tip: Room 10-02 overlooks 6th St.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Tammybaxter,

Reviewed 1 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for business and was very pleased with the staff and service. I would stay here again. The staff was super nice and helpful. I think the $28.00 per day for parking is excessive but that would be my only complaint. On the other hand, the valet crew was awesome and courteous.

Dear Stacey H,

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I just wanted to share that my stay at the Hilton Garden Inn on the 20th was perfect! When I arrived, the valet service greeted me promptly. The friendly front desk agent, whose name I think was Mustafa, was able to get me a room in a great location! The breakfast in the morning was also delicious with a nice view of the city. Upon check out, we called for our car from valet and it was ready by the time we got downstairs. Everyone at the hotel was very friendly and welcoming. I recommend this hotel to others. The hotel is in a great location, walking distance from attractions.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Michele T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear Victoriat01,