“Amazing customer service!!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Coronado
“Amazing customer service!!”
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

We just got back from the hilton after a girls weekend. Aundre McCullen at the front desk made our visit perfect! He gave us fabulous recommendations for things to do and restaurants to dine at. He also made our stay so enjoyable with special personal touches he provided for us. Our room was beautiful and very clean. Great views and very close to everything that Austin has to offer. Thank you Aundre and the Hilton for a perfect weekend!!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Michele T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear CoronadoSha,

Thanks for taking the time to post your review about you stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown. It's always refreshing to hear when we have met and exceeded the expectations of our guests, we strive to provide a clean, friendly and safe environment for our guests.
We look forward to being of service to you should your travels bring you back to the Austin area. if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to call me.

Michele Thomas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Gainesville, Virginia
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This hotel is at a great location if your destination is 6th street. I arrived at lunch time and asked where was a good spot for lunch. I was directed to 6th street...not really a good recommendation for a woman on her own. 6th street is full of bars, most not even open at lunch. It would have been nice to know the hotel had a restaurant on the top floor before I headed out and walked up and down 6th street. It was also a bit of a hike to get to Congress street (to see the bats on the bridge at dusk), and to attend customer meetings downtown. The main part of the room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom is the part that needs updating - wallpaper was curling and the ceiling had some patches that looked in the midst of half-done.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Susan C,

Tthank you for taking the time to leave your feedback of your recent experience with us. We're so glad that you found our location to be desirable. We always try to do whatever we can to make sure that our guests feel cared for, valued, and respected. Our restaurant is open for breakfast and dinner only, therefore, you were directed to 6th Street for lunch; I apologize that our recommendation made you feel uncomforatable as a woman traveling on her own. Thank you again for your comments as they will help us to better our property for the future. We hope you'll give us another chance the next time you're in town!

Manchester
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Firstly, I have to say that any disappointment I feel with my stay here is not in any way staff-related. To a person, everybody I dealt with at the hotel was very helpful, friendly etc..

Check in was smooth enough, it's valet parking only so out of the car, luggage on a trolly and straight into reception. I had a little wait, but the hotel was busy and so, well, that's the way it is sometimes.

.. and, whist I remember, as it gets busy at times, it's best to factor this in when (for instance) you need your car retrieved by the valet..

The room was, well, I'd say it was OK. My rate wasn't cheap and the room I was allocated seemed a little dated and in need of a good freshen up. I got the impression that, being in a conference area, the rooms get used a lot and so it's important to keep on top of things. Everything worked, but it seemed a little tired and jaded.

I was by an elevator and, I have to say, they was some associated noise impact from that. My normal preference to be away from elevators is normally passed through with the booking but I guess that, this time, that accommodation wasn't possible.

I could not get on with the adjustable bed that was in the room (AFAIK some GI's have moved away from this?) and whatever setting I set it at seemed to mean I was stuck on one side, unable to roll on to the other side as the side I was on had set to me. If I put my side on soft, rolling over to the other felt like rolling up a hill..!!

Breakfast was pretty good and tasty and, again, good staff (not sure what value $$, though, because I get it free as Diamond Honours). The high floor location of the dining room is nice and you can look out over the city.

Location was OK. Right next to the main highway, easy enough to find, and within walking distance to all I needed. Desk staff helpful with recommendations.

Overall, the staff are great, but I would't really be tempted to stay here again unless it was fully refurbished or I got a really cheap rate…

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Michele T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
Dear Juninho_pp,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback of your recent experience with us. We're so glad that you found our location to be desirable! We always try to do whatever we can to make sure that our guests feel cared for, valued, and respected, and I apologize that we fell short of our normally high standards. Thank you again for your comments as they will help us to better our property for the future. We hope you'll give us another chance the next time you're in town!

Charlottesville, United States
Reviewed 31 October 2013

This hotel is in a quiet location and has comfortable beds. Nice resturaunt with a beautiful view and a buffet breakfast. Room could use a real bureau and bathroom could use a fan/vent for the steam. Helpful friendly staff.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank Betty L. N
Dear Betty L.N,
Thanks for taking the time to post your review about you stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown. It's always refreshing to hear when we have met and exceeded the expectations of our guests, we continue to strive to provide a clean, friendly and safe environment for our guests. We look forward to being of service to you should your travels bring you back to the Austin area, if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to call me.
Los Angeles, United States
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The beds are fantastic, though I'm not sure there's anything totally different about this hotel as opposed to others in the area that are slightly cheaper. It's very nice, very comfy, free Wi-Fi (which was great!), nice view, and it's on 6th Street. But you're probably paying more for the name than the amenities. Would've been nice if they had food available longer in the day and if the pool could fit more than 3 people.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Michele T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear Danny M,
Potomac,MD
Reviewed 26 October 2013

The hotel is clean and comfortable with a amazingly friendly and halpful staff. Only glitch was that parking was not free as originally stated which was Expedia problem. The hotel was wiling to waive the fee had I booked through them. And not expedia. Breakfasts great, clean hotel and super friendly. Staff

Room Tip: Don't take one overlooking the interior courtyard. I like to see if it is sunny or cloudy in the...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Michele T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 26 October 2013
Dear psdunner,

Thanks for taking the time to post your review about you stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown,

Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

I was hoping this hotel was going to be near 6th street and it's right outside the door. Meaning you can easily eat and drink anything/everything you can imagine and never need to get in a car. The trip from the airport to the hotel was only about 15 minutes. The room was a great size, and the staff was nice. With the hotel being so close to all of the bars, I expected it to be loud as the nights went on, but it was never a problem at all. The only bad thing I found about the hotel was the breakfast buffet. The view from the restaurant is amazing, but the breakfast food was definitely a letdown. I would definitely stay here again. I would just eat elsewhere.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Michele T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear MLNC,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown. It's always refreshing to hear when we have met and exceeded the expectations of our guests. We take tremendous pride in the service and quality of our hotel. However, I am disappointed to learn that our breakfast buffet did not meet your expectations. Reviews like yours are the ones that help us improve in areas where we have fallen short. Again, thank you for your review. If there is anything I can do for you in the future, please don't hestitate to call me directly.