I really liked Austin a lot, very cool, friendly people, in my top three favorite US cities.
This facility has constant noise from the interstate that it overlooks, I was on the side and still got a lot of noise.
On my second night, some kind of ska/reggae club blasted music until almost 3am just below my room.
On the third night there was some kind of accident on the interstate and emergency vehicles swarmed from miles, also at 3am
I barely slept my whole stay.
The sad thing is, I had a rental car, I could and should have commuted in each morning, especially since the mandatory valet parking is $28 per day.
The rooms are a bit stale, the remote control for my TV was nastily sticky
My room was adjoined to another room and there was a large gap at the bottom of the door with light shining in. Not very private.
I remember noticing that the light switches were filthy, especially in the bathroom. Years of grime build up.
I stopped for fuel across the street on my last night, which seemed to bring out the panhandlers, two different people asked me for money.
Will avoid the hotel and the section of town altogether in future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located in the heart of downtown Austin, offering first-class hospitality in the "Live Music Capitol of the World." We are steps from the business district, the legendary 6th Street and the Warehouse District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown Hotel Austin
- Austin Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Austin
- Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center Texas