“In Austin for SXSW Music 2014”

Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center
Ranked #52 of 201 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 18 March 2014

While searching for a place to stay for SXSW 2014 (music), I decided to use my Hilton loyalty membership and book this Downton Garden Inn - we've made the best experiences before... While my expectations were not surpassed, they were definitely met. There were a couple hick-ups here and there but nothing that the super friendly and helpful staff would not have solved. And the view from our room in the 11th floor, out to the highway (I know, sounds odd) and 6th street and Capitol was just... amazing! I would stay here again!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
GeneralManagerDallas, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

It was a great SXSW 2014 and we were thrilled to hear about your great experience at our hotel. Thank you for recommending our hotel and we all look forward to seeing you back soon and to enjoy Austin, Tx, where live music lives!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

You can connect internet for free of charge here, and at the business center, you can use printer for free of charge, which is excellent! Microwave oven, refridirator and coffee machine are equipped, so that you can cook and eat in your room if you wish to do so.

Dear Eli M!

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our amenities and great service provided to you during your most recent stay with us. We want to improve your 3 STAR review to a 5 STAR review on your next visit to Austin and cannot wait to see you back soon.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

My partner and I were in Austin after our SXSW accommodation fell through, and while we didn't stay at the Hilton, the staff were very sympathetic and friendly. Asher, in particular, went out of his way to let us know about any possible last minute cancellations and offer his help.
Thank you!

Stayed: March 2014
GeneralManagerDallas, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank you for your outstanding 5 STAR Trip Advisor review and our team and Mr. Asher will always be here for you to ensure that you are taken care of to your satisfaction! We appreciate your loyalty and understanding and if there is ever anything we can do to be at your service, please let us know!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Upon arrival at this hotel, I was so ready to give the Hotel a poor review, based on first impression.
The room decor was dated, furniture and fixtures were old, and my bathroom picture window had no drape or blind, which was not evident until the next morning. Other than that, the room was fine, new TVs, a small refrigerator, a Keurig coffee maker and nice desk area and very clean.

I need to mention that I did have a suite, not by choice, but due to SXSW and the lack of availability downton..., so the size of the room was great, with a huge double bathroom, 2 toilets, 2 vanities and sinks, 1 bath and 1 shower.

Having taken a shower and noticing my picture window in the bathroom uncovered, I assumed people on the street had a good show, if they looked up. I did call the front desk, that first morning about doing something, and unfortunately it was not taken care of.

It was not until my 2 night that I had the pleasure of talking to Michaelle Pomerleau, night manager, who did succeed in taking care of getting a simple blind up over that window, to insure some privacy. KUDOS to Michaelle, great job, great follow through.

She also offered me some bonus points to satisfy me even more...so nice, and generous.
That's the way to win friends and loyal guests.

Breakfast at the hotel was very good, and very reasonable at $12.95 for a good hot buffet.

TO make things even better, was that after 3 nights, I had to cut my trip two days short, and was concerned about a penalty from SXSW for checking out early. The day manager on Sunday, maybe his name was Steve, was so nice and generous, and said not to worry. He would handle with SXSW, and to make my plane 2 hours later...adding to great service.

So at the end of the day, I was pleased with the service, got by the decor, knowing they will soon renovate this hotel and update it. AND THE LOCATION WAS TERRIFIC, right off the main drag 6th St.and 1 block from the convention center!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for providing such amazing comments about Michaelle and Stevan and their ability to turn your stay around during your most recent stay with us! You are our #1 priority and we want to ensure you are 100% satisfied every stay with us. I will personally address your concerns with our team so we continue to improve our products/services for you and all future guest. Thank you again for your business and we look forward to seeing you back for SXSW 2015!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

This hotel is really working it -- from the front desk to the housekeeping, everyone is friendly and helpful. As I was leaving, I had a dry throat and the front desk ran after me with a bottle of water "for the trip home". Attentive in the right way.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your 5 STAR review from your most recent stay with us and I am thrilled to hear that our team took such great care of you. We have an excellent team that is extremely focused on customer satisfaction and true hospitality! We look forward to seeing you back soon and have a great week!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

The rooms are clean and comfortable, the staff is welcoming, and the location is close to great restaurants, the convention center, and 6th street. Everything you need is within walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
GeneralManagerDallas, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for your 5 STAR review and your wonderful comments about your excellent stay with us. Our team is always at your service and appreciates your business! Our location is a great spot in Downtown Austin for all guest to experience Austin at its best! Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you back soon!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We were a party of 12 and everyone in our group was very satified with all hotel accommodations. The free breakfast was amazing, and the view from the 18th floor made it that much more wonderful. We would definitely make another reservation at this hotel. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your 5 STAR review from your most recent stay with us. We truly appreicate your business and loyalty and look forward to seeing you back soon! Thank you for commenting on our outstanding view in our restaurant, 18th Over Austin and we are thrilled that you and your party of 12 had an excellent time!