“Service out of this world”

Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center
Ranked #47 of 201 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersGold level
bloomington, United States
“Service out of this world”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

if you want to be treated like royalty this is the place to stay, everyone in the building from the room attendants to the guest services agents treat you like you are the only guest in the building which is really Impressive for a hotel of this type \. This is why I stay with hilton and I will surely come back again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

GeneralManagerDallas, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Amilcar V.

Thank you for your wonderful review and recommendations to so many others. The team and I look forward to serving you on your next trip to Austin. Have a wonderful week!

Blake Doran

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
St. Louis
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed here on a weekend trip to Austin with my husband. I have mixed feelings on the hotel.

Pros
The location is on the end of 6th Street, walking distance to a lot of great bars. It's about 4 blocks from Franklin's BBQ if you want to check it out.
The hotel was comfortable and clean.

Cons
The only parking was valet which at 30 a night I found to be a bit expensive.
The pool is not a pool. It's basically a wading pond. It's cute but like other reviewers said, it is tiny.
Halfway on our drive back home, my husband realized that we left our pillows in the room. We left a message on a machine with the hotel leaving our name and number, asking about the pillows. I called and I never heard back from the hotel. We later realized it wouldn't be worth it to have the pillows shipped, but I think it is telling that they did not respond to my message.

So overall, an ok experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ana_belle03
GeneralManagerDallas, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Ana_Belle03!

Thank you for selecting our hotel for your weekend get away and we truly appreicate your business! Our location is great for everyone and we do hope that you will give us another chance when you visit Austin next. Please check out our website for packages that include parking which will save you each and every time you visit downtown! I am so sorry about you not recieving a call back in regards to the pillows you left behind. Please contact me directly, so I may look into this immediately - 512-457-7900. I would love the opportunity to change your next stay from Just Okay, to Excellent!

Fort Stockton, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I had a suite, that was not cleaned properly. There was an empty conditioner bottle on the side of the bathtub. The next day after the cleaning crew came, I had left a small hand towel near the location of the empty bottle and the towel was gone but the bottle was still there. There must have been a party in the other suite because at 10pm it became very loud with laughter and partying. It is next to the highway/interstate and the downtown area, there were sirens of emergency personnel during the night, waking me. At $300 night, not worth it!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Doug J
GeneralManagerDallas, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Doug J,

Thank you for your review and I sincerely apologize for the cleanliness mistake our team made by leaving the empty bottle of conditioner in your room prior to your arrival. I have personally addressed this with our entire Housekeeping team and can assure you that we are here to make a difference and take your feedback to heart and continue to improve our products and services for you and all future visits. Thank you again for sharing your experience and my team and I would love the opportunity to make this right and create an extraordinary experience on your next visit to Austin.

Always at your service,

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed here May 15-18th. I was in Austin for my brother's graduation from University of Texas. This was my third trip to Austin but first stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown. I found my stay to be enjoyable and service from staff to be above average. The reasons I would say above average are that all staff I encountered at front desk were very friendly and helpful when asking questions and I was always greeted when coming and going from hotel. Also valets went above and beyond! I had asked them to call a cab to go to University and the when the cab had not arrived 10-15 min later the valet not only called the cab company again but the other valet went to the street to try and hail a cab from there. He wasn't successful but I greatly appreciated their efforts. I also found housekeeping to be very quick when I called for additional towels I received them to my room within 10 min.

Check-in was a breeze (our flights had been delayed and we did not arrive at hotel until 2am. We were the only people in lobby checking in but were still greeted friendly and assigned our room quickly. I had booked a room with double beds and received the correct room. My room was clean and comfortable. It was a pretty typical HGI room including desk, mini fridge and coffee maker. I saw but did no use the pool area. It was very nice with a waterfall. However it is not a large space at all and there are no lounge chairs. It does have a nice table with a few chairs.

This hotel location was a short, easy walk to 6th Street. It was also a short cab ride to the University of Texas.

Overall would recommend this hotel for anyone looking to stay in the downtown Austin area for work or pleasure.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Bethany K!

Thank you for your wonderful comments and we were thrilled to hear that you selecting our hotel for your stay as you have many choices to choose from in Austin, TX. We appreciate your business and loyalty and are looking forward to hosting your future stays when you travel to Austin. Our team is always at your service for anything you need at all!

Elizabeth, WV
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Great location to downtown and historic 6th St. Staff is very friendly and the hotel is clean, and I loved the decor. The pool area is awesome! For the price however, I would think WiFi would not just be available in the lobby but also in room without an extra charge. There was also no in room mini-fridge for personal use.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
GeneralManagerDallas, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear ellenjellen!

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and excellent comments about our super clean and wonderful service provided to you. In regards to the WIFI - complimentary WIFI is also provided in our guest rooms and we have an extended feature that allows you to pay just $4.95 for additional bandwidth if you are needing faster service. All rooms are equiped with refrigerators for your personal items, located in the hospitality unit below your microwave. Thank you again for selecting our hotel for your visit and we all look forward to seeing you return soon!

Waterford, Michigan
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This was my first trip to Austin and we wanted to be close to the the downtown area. This is a very nice hotel. The rooms were clean and nice. The staff members were very friendly and helpful. This is a great location if you want to be close to the craziness of 6th street. At first I was disappointed at the cost of the valet service ($30 per night plus tax) but there really isn't much parking in the area so this isn't that bad at all. Each time I needed the car it was brought out quickly. I will stay here the next time I am in Austin.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
GeneralManagerDallas, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Jim P,

Thank you for selecting our hotel for your first time visit to Austin and we appreciate your business and outstanding comments about our hotel and team that provided excellent service to you! Your loyalty is very important to us and we are all looking forward to seeing you back soon! Have a wonderful weekend!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great downtown location with excellent service. The rooms were comfortable but small which is understandable with a downtown location. Service is the best part of the hotel! Every staff member from the bartender, the valet, to the front desk personnel were friendly and went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and had all of our needs met. The parking is a bit pricey for Austin ($30 a night) but we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Wilbea!

Thank you for your outstanding review and our team was so excited to see your comments and we cannot wait to see you return! We appreciate your business and loyalty and if there is ever anything we can do to be at your service, please let us know.