“BEST experience!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Galveston, Texas, United States
“BEST experience!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

It was my first time in Austin and this Hilton made my experience in the city wonderful! We checked in 08/16/14 around 2-4pm and the girl working in valet was helpful. Terence John the front desk helped us. He has this attitude that everyone will love! Every time we needed help like choosing the best place to eat around the area, the taxi number, places to party, we will immediately call and ask him. Making our stay more convenient. The housekeeper was so generous when we asked extra towels! I could not wait to go back to this hotel again! Told my friends about my experience and they are planning to stay there next weekend!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
GeneralManagerDallas, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Paula Marie M,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that valet, Terence, and Housekeeping were so helpful! I will be sure to share your comments with them. I hope you will return should your travels bring you back this way.

Blake Doran

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Check in was difficult. The young man at the desk had a heavy accent and was difficult to understand and was obviously irritated when I asked him to repeat something he had said. I am a Hilton Honors member and my profile clearly states that I am a light sleeper and that I need to be placed as far away as possible from ice machines and elevators. He placed me immediately next to the elevator. I pointed that out to him and his reply was " it is a nice room; you will like it." I reluctantly went to the room and positioned myself as far away as possible from the door and not only could I clearly hear the ping of the elevator, but I could also hear the loud squeaking of the cables as the elevators moved. I went back down to the front desk and Hussein moved me to an interior room far away from the elevators; this room was no different in size or amenities then the first, so it was quite obviously also available when I first checked in. Conversely, on the third day I needed to print a document and the business center printer was not functioning. The front desk clerk (NOT Hussein), allowed me behind the desk, to sign in to my email and I printed the document on his printer. He was quite kind. On the first night housekeeping let themselves into my room while I was in it, without knocking, to place a hanger in the closet. She was apologetic but it alarmed me. Other than this, the stay was uneventful. The parking is valet only and ridiculously expensive so I tried to street park and got ticketed on Thursday night as the rules change on parking from Thurs to Sunday and I did not realize it. The pool is not really a pool but a slightly larger than normal hot tub.

Room Tip: Stand your ground if the desk clerk does not give you want you ask for at check in. Don't allow...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
GeneralManagerDallas, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Travelcritic78,

Thank you for the feedback about your recent stay. We are very sorry your experience did not offer you the quality of service you deserve. We strive to give exceptional service every day, for every guest; I sincerely apologize for falling short during your stay. At Hilton Garden Inn, we promise to do whatever it takes to ensure you are satisfied. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future. You Can Count On Us. Guaranteed.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This place is an acceptable option if you need to stay downtown and none of the nearby, more highly-rated hotels are available. I have stayed here several times because its location (on the far eastern edge of the 6th Street entertainment district) makes it a walkable option to most of the convention venues and popular downtown spots. But the relatively high hotel rate (plus valet fee) does not offer you much value beyond its location and freedom to leave your car behind. There is nothing trendy, charming, or exceptional about the place. The lobby is smallish and needs remodeling, the hallways and elevators are strictly functional, the rooms are clean but not notably comfortable, the bathrooms are outdated and smallish, and the 24-hour noise from I-35 traffic can be annoying if you get stuck on the eastern side of the hotel. All in all, this is not a great place to stay downtown but it still beats the hassle of constantly driving in Austin traffic – an option that cheaper and nicer hotels in the outer parts of town will not always offer you.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Highway_Marker,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we are very sorry you were unhappy with your guest room. At Hilton Garden Inn, we promise to do whatever it takes to ensure you are satisfied. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future. You Can Count On Us. Guaranteed.

Birmingham
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stayed here for a meeting. It is located within walking distance of good restaurants and 6th street. The hotel appears to need some updating but is very clean. My room was an interior room above the atrium which was fine with me so I do not know if there is street noise. However the room was very dark even with all the lights on. Would suggest they get better lighting. The check in was 3:00 pm, many of us arrived a couple of hours earlier because of flights and had to wait until 3:00 for rooms to be ready. The front desk was really great handling all the people waiting. Breakfast was a buffet and was good.

Dear Birmingham Mom,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found your stay to your satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the not too distant future.

corpus christi, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Great over all. I loved the fast service, clean room and overall friendly environment. I did think that only allowing vallet parking was inconvenient since I had no choice but to pay for it. Other than that it was great.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Sara A,

I am happy to read the comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the location and amenities of our hotel to your satisfaction. Hope to see you return soon…safe travels.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We spent the weekend there, and had a great visit. I was worried that being so close to Sixth Street, it would be loud and hard to sleep. But the hotel was perfect - nicely decorated, and the rooms were quiet. We were able to walk everywhere we went and never had to leave the parking garage. The staff was very friendly - and helped me out when I locked myself out of my room. The breakfast staff was attentive and kept my coffee full! I would go back in a heartbeat. And I love the infused water in the lobby.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
GeneralManagerDallas, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear Kymberly K,

Jacksonville, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Many rooms are located on a busy interstate with significant noise. No air conditioning in bathroom. Beds need to be replaced and there is no deluxe or upgraded bedding. On balance, hotels closer to Congress Street would be a better choice.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

GeneralManagerDallas, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Reginald C:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. As a Silver HHonors member, you are our most valued guest. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we are very sorry we did not exceed your expectations. Your comments will help us as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We will be replacing every bed in our hotel this year to ensure you receive the most comfortable and relaxing bedding package you can in our industry. We are also replacing our interstate windows with sound proof windows this year to rectify this situation. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and I sincerely apologize for the noise and uncomfortable beds that you had to experience. At Hilton Garden Inn, we promise to do whatever it takes to ensure you are satisfied. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future. You Can Count On Us. Guaranteed.

Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown